I Need Support

Status
Not open for further replies.

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
Smoking was easy, e-cigs are not, very complicated.

OMG, Reo Mods, Lavatubes, CL3, tanks, GLV2, MiniGLV3, Darwins, Provaris--etc--etc. --And I read about ohm's, MAh, voltage, low resistance vs. standard resistance?? Cartomizers, cartridges, atomizers, drip tips, syringes, paper clips and to top it all off I have a dual cartomizer with no clue as what to do with it.

juice, now thats another issue, its finicky. So far the juice odds are really bad. Buy 5, like one, hate 3, and barely tolerate another.

Leaking is a huge issue. A wet wash rag to my right and a paper towel with brown stains to the left? Small drops of juice on the key board and spots on the computer desk. I do believe I have the cleanest hands in town, always washing with soap to get nicotine off. Drip in the atty people say --well everytime I do that it leaks- 2 drops no hit, just burn taste so I drip another no hit, a third one and it leaks and leaks. What ????????????????????

It's hard to ask for help, but I need it now to succeed in my quest to quit smoking. The last few days the urge has almost over powered my common sense. I'm hanging on by a thread.

nerak

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 12, 2011
Fairfield Township, OH, USA
www.facebook.com
I started almost a year ago with a KR808. After a month I bought my first REO.
No more filling cartomizers. No more wondering how many to take when going out. No worries about a short life battery.
What you use does make a huge difference.

With a REO, you have juice, you have a battery that will last 4-8 hours depending on the model. Vaping is easy. Hassle free.

I have not had to worry about a paper towel or sticky hands since my REO. Now I am the proud owner of 33 REO's. Why? Because they are the best! And I love collecting them!

Sweeney Todd

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jan 5, 2012
Durham, NC USA
stvapors.com
Hey there! It's tough sometimes, no doubt. I had a rough time last week, so I can relate.

What kind of setup do you have? I use an Ego with Boge 510 2 ohm cartomizers, and I get nice solid vapor and flavor. The cartos are way less messy than dripping (which is a pain, I hear you).

Keep at it, okay? This community's a great place to turn to when you're having a tough time. We'll help; you if we can.

bumpi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
NY
What type of gear are u using?? That would help in trying to give u specific advice.... One thing I can say is u should look into a drip shield from empiremods . com it was the best 13 bucks I have ever spent.. I used to have the same problems when I started dripping I alternated from leaking all over to dry hits, since I got my drip shield I haven't leaked at all and since u can keep the atty wet without worry u don't get the dry nasty hits either..

It can be very confusing if u are trying to figure it all out at once before just doing it... My advice would be just try one thing and that will let you know what u like about/ don't like about it which gives u what u should look for next. For example if you try a cartomizer and like it but would like to see the level of juice in it then we could suggest trying a clearomizer or a tank...u need to tailor vaping to ur own preferences but will learn those preferences through trial and error...I doubt anyone who has been vaping for a while is using their original setup or have given up looking for their next one.

For me juice was simple, I ordered a bunch of small bottles from a few diff vendors looking for bargains, then I bought some RAWR and I loved every flavor I got. There are a bunch of high quality juice vendors, and to me switching to good juice really to me to the next level of commitment to vaping

bumpi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2011
NY
I think you are suffering from Information Overload. I suggest quit looking at different equipment!

What PV and parts are you actually using? See if we can figure out what to do about it to make it work for you.

+1 it's all about where u are right now and getting to the next step...u can't just jump to the end! (unless u get a GG/ufs lol)

Denise D

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Lake Tahoe USA
That is vague info on your equipment, I'm familiar with the Riva, not the Fifty One or DSE801. Let's concentrate on the DSE801 since you are sometimes happy with it.

1. DSE801 refers to the thread type (where the atomizer screws onto the battery).

You don't say
2. what size or type battery or
3. what atomizer / cartridge or Cartomizer you are using.

2. Manual or Automatic battery? Manual is "push-button" - you have to push a button to vape and you control it going off and on. Automatic has no button, you just vape. Automatics aren't that great because it might not run the way you want it to and you have no control over that.

I'm looking at the DSE801 stuff at vaporkings.com, it looks like a pen-type PV with probably a basic 650 mAh battery, although like a lot of vendors, they don't say what size batteries! So assume they are small basic batteries somewhere in the 650 mAh range or less powerful. (For the non-scientific like me, mAh = power)

3. I'm praying you bought a starter kit, so you had the right atomizer / cartridge to begin with? I say this because you do not want to do a lot of upgrade on a basic battery, it just can't take it. I would say if you have basic DSE801 then you need to stick to the basic stuff that came with it.

If you have the regular DSE801 the battery is way too small to use Dual Coil Cartomizers! Someone can correct me, but the Dual Coil Cartomizers are for bigger batteries (3.7 volt and above). So put the Dual Cartomizers away for now.

Vaporkings.com says the atomizer ships with a mouthpiece that is not usable - it is only for shipping. So maybe that is a problem if you are using the shipping mouthpiece?

You can drip on the thing if you bought a drip tip AND if it is a manual battery.
Should be able to drip one or two drops no problem. If you put too many drops in the atomizer, it floods the atomizer and you will vape but hear no noise and get no vapor until it burns some of it off, and I think this is what is happening. Gurgly is slightly flooded, but will produce some vapor, ideal is a nice crackling noise. Maybe flooding could cause leaking too, I don't know. The other possibility is that the atomizer is clogged and needs cleaning.

So let us know what battery and atomizer etc. you are using.

Juice is a whole other thing! Just find one or two you like and stick with it for now, keep it real simple until the equipment is working to your vaping satisfaction!

If I'm being too basic or not enough, I apologize, just trying to figure out where you are at with this thing.

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
...a big batt and cartos or a carto tank are the keys to consistency...I am a moderately heavy vaper and started with the Rivas...I loved it and still on occasionally still use them but tired of the consistency issues as the batt power fell so, I stepped up to the E-Power and loved it(still do) but never realized what true consistency was until I received a VV Evercool box mod...it gives the EXACT same hit, time after time until the light flashes......superior equipment = superior vaping experience..............
madjack:2cool:

tippyclubb

ECF Veteran
Oct 3, 2011
Michigan
That is vague info on your equipment, I'm familiar with the Riva, not the Fifty One or DSE801. Let's concentrate on the DSE801 since you are sometimes happy with it.

1. DSE801 refers to the thread type (where the atomizer screws onto the battery).

You don't say
2. what size or type battery or
3. what atomizer / cartridge or Cartomizer you are using.

2. Manual or Automatic battery? Manual is "push-button" - you have to push a button to vape and you control it going off and on. Automatic has no button, you just vape. Automatics aren't that great because it might not run the way you want it to and you have no control over that.

I'm looking at the DSE801 stuff at vaporkings.com, it looks like a pen-type PV with probably a basic 650 mAh battery, although like a lot of vendors, they don't say what size batteries! So assume they are small basic batteries somewhere in the 650 mAh range or less powerful. (For the non-scientific like me, mAh = power)

3. I'm praying you bought a starter kit, so you had the right atomizer / cartridge to begin with? I say this because you do not want to do a lot of upgrade on a basic battery, it just can't take it. I would say if you have basic DSE801 then you need to stick to the basic stuff that came with it.

If you have the regular DSE801 the battery is way too small to use Dual Coil Cartomizers! Someone can correct me, but the Dual Coil Cartomizers are for bigger batteries (3.7 volt and above). So put the Dual Cartomizers away for now.

Vaporkings.com says the atomizer ships with a mouthpiece that is not usable - it is only for shipping. So maybe that is a problem if you are using the shipping mouthpiece?

You can drip on the thing if you bought a drip tip AND if it is a manual battery.
Should be able to drip one or two drops no problem. If you put too many drops in the atomizer, it floods the atomizer and you will vape but hear no noise and get no vapor until it burns some of it off, and I think this is what is happening. Gurgly is slightly flooded, but will produce some vapor, ideal is a nice crackling noise. Maybe flooding could cause leaking too, I don't know. The other possibility is that the atomizer is clogged and needs cleaning.

So let us know what battery and atomizer etc. you are using.

Juice is a whole other thing! Just find one or two you like and stick with it for now, keep it real simple until the equipment is working to your vaping satisfaction!

If I'm being too basic or not enough, I apologize, just trying to figure out where you are at with this thing.

Denise you nailed it, that is exactly what I'm using starter kit and got it from Vapor King also. I use a cartridge that I fill with juice and drop 2 or 3 onto the atty and it is automatic. I love it when I get a good vape but its finicky and does not always perform. I do not know what size battery but I think I read 280 Mah ???

The Riva 510 performs well also but I'm getting aggravated with all this fussing around that it requires. I'm really thinking I need to upgrade real soon. Fortunately, I'm going to a vaping meet January 28th and I can see and try these mods, tanks, vv so I will have a better ideal of what will work best for me.

For now I'll just have to deal with these issues until next week. I'll be okay because I'v come to far to mess up now. Believe it or not actually that huge rant this morning made me feel better along with your kind words of suppport.

Thanks to all of you!

Last edited:

Denise D

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2011
Lake Tahoe USA
Oh man, the vaping meet will be AWESOME!! Yeah, you just have to get by until then and feel free to rant!!

That is a PUNY battery which is a big part of the problem and automatic not great either - it turns on & off when it wants to, not when you want it to. But hey, if it got you this far it is not totally worthless :)

I upgraded from the Riva 650 to a Riva 1100 mAh and I am very happy with the power & performance (for now).

Let us know what you end up getting after the MEET.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
When I first started a few years ago and had a 51TRIO. It was so bad that I went back to cigs for awhile. So, I can understand where your coming from. Never got a hang of cartridges and bought the pre-filled. Hadn't found out about the ECF until almost a year ago.

What did it for me was a REO since it had everything that I was looking for in an e-cig. Which was an x amount of juice that I could carry around, good battery life, and it was easy to use.

If you have specific questions on anything then don't hesitate to ask. That's what we are all here for in the end of the day.

washvap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2011
wa
Just to give you some brief instructions on how to drip. You should first blow out all the left over juice in your atty so that you can start "fresh". Make sure it's dry.

1. Drip 6 drops and wait for 10 minutes so everything gets saturated.
2. Then you can take 5 drags (If it tastes dry on the first hit then drip 2 more drops into it).
3. Wait for a little bit for the atty to cool down and then drip 3 more drops into it.
4. Repeat steps 2-3

Str8V8ping

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 10, 2011
NYC
The most simple and least messy option imo is to use a riva with LR boge carto . Simple to fill with the condom method . Its also very smooth and consistent . Im right with you in that i cant stand atty most of the time with its inconsistent hits ,leaking ,flooding ,burning ,scorching body . Not great imo especially for someone new . Boge cartos are just fill and go .No need to worry about leaking burning ,inconsistencies, nothing .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread