Not open for further replies.

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    There may have been a short circuit or surge in the battery which would immediately short circuit a new coil, giving you the atomizer short error with every new coil. I hope you bought two of the batteries as well as an external charger for them. The usb port is not really meant to charge the batteries, except maybe in an emergency, like a power outage. It is meant for firmware upgrades. I'm glad you've fixed your problem. Happy vaping! :)

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I took some of the advice from you guys and got some high quality batteries for my Voopoo Drag X and chucked the ones I got from the local vape store. Everything is working fine now. Why would good batteries stop the "atomizer short" message?

I suspect the firmware is misconfigured and showing "atomizer short" when it really should be showing "battery low" in a case where you're using a junky or old battery that has a lot of battery sag at higher wattages (like 25W or more).

At any rate, now you know good batteries are worth a few dollars more :thumbs:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread