Status
Not open for further replies.

JonnyB88

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Elgin, IL, USA
This weekend, I received my second Grand in the mail. Got an amazing deal on the classifieds.
Took it out, cleaned it, replaced the tube, Noaloxed it, and it works great.

Black and gray? How could I NOT name it Batman?! :D

dyrk0y.jpg
14vo3fc.jpg

311umh0.jpg

You were all overwhelmingly correct. It's an addiction. One that doesn't look to be ending soon.

One question, though:
The RM2 that I got with it was used (as was the Grand, hence the tube replacement).
I soaked it in vodka for about an hour but even still, the taste of my juice was off. And it burned my throat a bit. Sort of like how it burns when you get a juice with a nic level much higher mg than you like.
Should I soak it even longer? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, everyone!

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
This weekend, I received my second Grand in the mail. Got an amazing deal on the classifieds.
Took it out, cleaned it, replaced the tube, Noaloxed it, and it works great.

Black and gray? How could I NOT name it Batman?! :D

dyrk0y.jpg
14vo3fc.jpg

311umh0.jpg

You were all overwhelmingly correct. It's an addiction. One that doesn't look to be ending soon.

One question, though:
The RM2 that I got with it was used (as was the Grand, hence the tube replacement).
I soaked it in vodka for about an hour but even still, the taste of my juice was off. And it burned my throat a bit. Sort of like how it burns when you get a juice with a nic level much higher mg than you like.
Should I soak it even longer? Any other suggestions?

Thanks, everyone!

Boil it in dish soap for a few minutes then rinse thoroughly :)

super_X_drifter

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 4, 2012
Somewhere out there
www.youtube.com
Just so I'm clear. A solution of dish soap and water, right?! :lol:

Yep. Dawn and water. Boil for a few. With the RM2, in addition to rinsing, I soaked it in clean water afterwards to get the dawn out from under the ceramic. Then rinse like crazy. You should be good. Oh, remove the screws too - you'd be surprised how much flavor can hide under them :)

FeistyAlice

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 24, 2010
Near Dallas Texas
Yep. Dawn and water. Boil for a few. With the RM2, in addition to rinsing, I soaked it in clean water afterwards to get the dawn out from under the ceramic. Then rinse like crazy. You should be good. Oh, remove the screws too - you'd be surprised how much flavor can hide under them :)

+1...... I tried a juice I had absolutely no like for in any way after the first ml or so. It took three boils, with screws out and o-rings off (ERA), couple soaks in alcohol before taste gone. Leaving post screws in and boiling once didn't remove.

Feisty Alice

May be my juice but boiling removes most and sometimes all ceramic staining.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread