• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I propose to move US E-Smokers to National Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
Fellow U.S. Vapers:

I noticed that Smokey Joe has moved a few of the national social groups over to a new area called "National Forums" so they may have their own rooms.

This took place after a request by some of the UK members. It seems that us U.S. folk are taking over the joint. No surprise there, right? When we get excited about something we tend to take it to the max. ;)

That's certainly not a bad thing as it has helped this forum grow rather quickly over the last few months. Yet I somehow feel like we're kicking some forum members out of their own home. I know that's not so and of course it is not our intention. We just happen to make up the majority of the members and thus our words make up most of the content.

SJ contends its not necessary to relocate the "US E-Smokers" social group since we already make up the majority of the forum. I understand where he's coming from and quite frankly he's right. But I also see how this could appear conflicting to others. I don't know about the rest of you but I don't like the idea that others may think I'm given special treatment just because I'm an American and that's where most of the dollars that support this forum come from. Let me be clear: I'm not saying I think that's the case I'm saying it could be perceived that way.

As an honest gesture of international solidarity I think its only fair that we ask SJ to also move this group to the National Forums section. I realize that we have a mass presence on the main forum and our discussions will continue there. I'm not suggesting otherwise as it is an international forum. What I am suggesting is that we show unison with the other nations by relocating this group to the new area.

Your thoughts...?

lordmage

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 15, 2008
Dundalk,Maryland, USA
i think as a genral rule of thumb unless SJ wanted to seperate all threads by wrtten lanuage. that having the us social group in national is pointless. let me explain a little on that if all US based threads and suppliers and the like where moved into the us social thread. then yes go ahead and move it and require people to post in the nantional thread they are posting from. that way candian suppliers would be listed in the candian thread and all post would be sepreated by the revlant area. but that is a bad way of thinking about it. considering the bulk of vapers out there write in a form of english it is unnessarray to seprate written post in the matter suggested. however the cadian move was done so considering they have HC concerns and FDA and customs issues to deal with and anypost would get lost in the grand sceme of things if they did not have a seprate aera to offically have it unlike a social thread that could get replaced by another social threads posting

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
I definitely see what you are saying Lika but here's how I look at it. I just went and looked at the US group. As you can see, most of it is posted as threads from various areas. And we even have 2 separate social clubs...Long Island and the SF Bay area. Even with all of that, most of us still post on the general forum. That seems more like a forum where members are wondering who else is in their area...and not particularly an informational type group...as we tend to do all that on the general board.

But since the others are so much smaller and facing ban issues (particularly AU and Canada), I could see where a separate group is good where they can "get together" and chat about these issues.....more like "information sharing" than just a social group.

As a matter of fact, I was going to recommend someone from each group keep an eye on the newb forum and provide the link to their individual group as a newb might never see it on their own....and it probably would be good to let them know there are others in their "same boat", so to speak. Afterall, it can be a bit overwhelming when first joining here.

So I do see what you are saying....and maybe if things change and we need more of an informational type meeting place than a social group, I'm sure SJ would oblige us. Does that make sense?

Lu

Kate

Moved On
Jun 26, 2008
UK
Bloody Yanks ... you take over everywhere. I can't wait for the Chinese to take over and put you in your place ;)

Meanwhile the rest of us have to put up with your taking over the whole bloomin' board with your country specific issues as if we're interested in neverending speculation about the FDA :rolleyes:

Stick your heads up your arses on an appropriate board and not all over the place please.

All meant in the nicest possible way of course and with much love for my US cousins :p

cosican

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
CHAPEL HILL NC
They already did. We just don't realize it :)

Oh yes they have, besides the fact that we are all iin the palm of their hands, cos they (Chinese) make all the ecigs and supplies we all MUST have, they have gotten us ALL junked out on the JUICE

Think about how we all are liked CRAZED animals about the ecig and the JUICES, There is a conspiracy to hook us all on the liquid and keep us needing more and more, Then they slow up production, getting us more and more, jazzed up, then they purposely get them held up at customs, now we are at a fever pitch, clawing and kicking the dogs, then, when they decide to release, we the US maniacs ( yes I am one) grab all there is, they fund the chatter of a ban, so we are now at a point of suicide
It is all about the takeover, it is now time for
JACK BAUER,

ZambucaLu

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2008
Central NY, USA
Bloody Yanks ... you take over everywhere. I can't wait for the Chinese to take over and put you in your place ;)

Meanwhile the rest of us have to put up with your taking over the whole bloomin' board with your country specific issues as if we're interested in neverending speculation about the FDA :rolleyes:

Stick your heads up your arses on an appropriate board and not all over the place please.

All meant in the nicest possible way of course and with much love for my US cousins :p

Hey! We don't go to your forum and insult you, do we? Let's play nice now
handshake.gif

Lu

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA

I think we should open up a big can of wupass on you like we did at Yorktown.....

WhupAss.jpg

Lika

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 6, 2009
Dallas - USA
I apologize for not responding sooner. Today is the first day that I got an email notification of any replies - weird. When I first opened this thread I checked it for a few days and there were no responses.

My proposal was more of a gesture of good will than anything else. There would be no harm in moving it to foster a better impression by our friends around the world. My analogy of the objections are that moving the forum is not a necessity and offers no additional benefit of use. I agree that it is not a functional necessity but that was not my point.

I'm not going to push the issue. We as a group either feel moving it is a good idea or we don't. Anyway, thanks for your opinions They are very much appreciated. :)

On a side note... Maybe I should ask that Tejas Vapin, a social group I created for Texans a while back, be moved to the National Forums. I'm kidding about that but some people do seem to think we have seceded from the states because our governor eluded to the possibility. It's pretty funny, even Hillary Clinton listed Texas as its own country on a recent travel expense record, lol.

Di

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2008
*Australia*
Move all USA only suppliers to their own forum,
they do not want to sell to us anyway,
so what good are they to us here.

what is the point of cluttering up the board with sites and posts that are not available for the majority of us,
this should be for international suppliers and members
let the USA Exclusives, get their own exclusive place.

make room for the ones who want to sell to all of us.

Di .......

Krakkan

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2009
New Orleans, LA
www.truesmoker.com
Move all USA only suppliers to their own forum,
they do not want to sell to us anyway,
so what good are they to us here.

what is the point of cluttering up the board with sites and posts that are not available for the majority of us,
this should be for international suppliers and members
let the USA Exclusives, get their own exclusive place.

make room for the ones who want to sell to all of us.

Di .......

I sell anywhere in world have sent stuff to Australia / Greece / Canada and so on :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread