I Quit Vaping after Nine Years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Javichu

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Mar 8, 2020
Spain
Where's all that glycol going? I'll wait.

Your brain?
Answer just came to me when i read your posts again.

TI never said that hacking up glycol was in any way dangerous. I just shared the facts.

Out of curiosity,did you actually get a sample of that ''clear jelly'' you have been hacking and have it analyzed by a professional?

Territoo

Diva
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    In these forum I typically look for information related to building, mixing, buying, and what not...if I need medical information I certainly don't come here for it. I don't really see anyone being at all defensive. I think most, if not all of us by now, are well aware there may be risks involved in our habit. For myself, compared to the long term issues I experienced from of all the stuff I use to put in me, anything vape related is laughable at best. I'm a grownup, I know my actions always have consequences, good or bad. But I also know I'm in the best shape of my life right now, so there's that. Also, my bet is this thread's going to get locked for being inflammatory. But I'm often wrong.

You are very much correct. We all know that vaping isn't as healthy as not vaping and there is a sub forum for discussing new medical information on vaping. But we all are adults who have made our own decisions. Let's leave it at that. Many have quit. Many of us choose not to. No lectures from Big Brother needed.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    I never said that hacking up glycol was in any way dangerous. I just shared the facts
    You DO NOT know with 100% certainty that what you are HACKING up is glycol. That's a FACT.

Therefore... you CANNOT make such a dumb statement and idiotically post it as truth or fact.

And please, do not continue to state that what you are posting is FACT or REAL INFORMATION. ---> It. Is. Neither. <---

What you have posted is complete conjecture, at best.

Trying to defend your claim is very weak and lame on your part.

slgshane

May 19, 2013
    Idaho
    Yup. No real answers about where the glycol is going. Just like I thought. Well, I'm really disappointed by the interactions here, but I accomplished my goal of getting the information out in a public space where people can make their own judgments. Again, I wish a post like mine was available many times over the last decade. I might have quit a lot sooner than I did. Best of luck to all of you.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Where's all that glycol going? I'll wait.
    :rolleyes: That's hilarious! And worth many laughs...

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Newsflash... I'm not the one making bizarre claims without scientific facts. You are!

Therefore the onus is 100% on you to present us with ACTUAL scientific facts... without making up fictional garbage. Which is exactly what you have done thus far.

Try harder!

puffon

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Sep 18, 2014
    Florida
    Yup. No real answers about where the glycol is going. Just like I thought. Well, I'm really disappointed by the interactions here, but I accomplished my goal of getting the information out in a public space where people can make their own judgments. Again, I wish a post like mine was available many times over the last decade. I might have quit a lot sooner than I did. Best of luck to all of you.
    Let us know how long it takes to expel 10 years worth of vaping glycol.

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    Yup. No real answers about where the glycol is going. Just like I thought.
    :rolleyes: It's not on us to tell you where the glycol is going, at all. It's stupid on your part to even ask.

You made a dumb claim without any proof whatsoever. Just admit it.

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    SMT is right. I'm am a physician (retired). If you want to know where the propylene glycol goes, I'll tell you. It is easily absorbed by the lungs into the bloodstream where it is metabolized by the liver and kidneys and then excreted from the body. PG in the amounts found in vape are well under the amount considered as Generally Recognized as Safe, and PG is commonly found in many foods, cosmetics, and medications.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    1. I'm glad you are able to quit. Straightedge is really the only way to live, but I have not done it myself once I hit the age of 16 or so.

2. Please come back at the 1 year mark and let us know if you are still hacking up clear jelly. I'm very interested to know.
    • If you are still hacking up clear jelly, please consider that it may have nothing to do with vaping/quitting vaping and that you should get that checked out.
    • Then, please come back at the 2 year mark to let us know if there is still any clear jelly being produced by your lungs. Certainly by that time it's 300% safe to bet that it had nothing to do with vaping. But you'll have to figure this out as time passes.
    3. I kinda know what you mean about the exercising thing. About 3 months ago or so, I tried walking up 8 flights of steps. After 3, my legs were getting a REALLY heavy feeling, but I kept going. After 5 flights, I was almost getting scared at how I could barely life my legs due to the heaviness and tiredness in my legs. I just had to stop and give my legs a rest. They felt like I had 100 lb. weights strapped to my ankles and felt very tired, and so did I. Once I rested for about 1 minute (standing), I completed the remaining flights. Boy was I tired. Never once did I get winded or short of breath, though. But the thing is, I never was an exerciser and the last time I tried to go up that many flights of steps, I was probably in grade school lol. Much younger. So I cannot say if this ever happened when I was a smoker (I was a heavy, heavy smoker...but there again, I was also much younger).

4. I know what you mean about the habit addiction. Although I never tried 0mg, I'm almost 100% sure I could get used to it relatively quickly (I went from 12mg to 6mg without a hitch and I don't vape more with 6mg than with 12mg). Even when I was a smoker, I always knew that I was mostly addicted to the habit and not so much the nicotine. I suspect that many (possibly even most) smokers and vapers are more addicted to the habit than the nicotine.

5. There's no question that vaping is healthier than smoking, and that not vaping is healthier than vaping. I don't think most ECFers believe otherwise. However there is that fringe that I have seen once in a while here and other sites that seem to be so delusion to think that vaping is just healthy, like as healthy as drinking water over Red Bull. Well, what can I say, there are always gonna be people like that.

6. Good luck and I hope you never go back to vaping or smoking, or replace it with some other unhealthy habit. That would be as dumb as thinking vaping is as healthy as drinking water over Red Bull.

smacuser

Total Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Contest Winner!
  • Jan 22, 2012
    Vape Hartwell, GA
    8b3.gif

Last edited:

englishmick

Vaping Master
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 25, 2014
    Naptown, Indiana
    Let us know how long it takes to expel 10 years worth of vaping glycol.

I just did some actual science on this one.

I couldn't find any definitive info on the volume of a glob of glycol. I was able to derive an approximate value, though it turned out to be blue rather than clear for some reason.

Glob.png

So the answer to your question is, around 17 weeks.

My research hasn't been peer reviewed yet though. Maybe some of you guys could double check my calculations.

• Winner
    Reactions: Ryedan

Territoo

Diva
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jul 17, 2009
    Texas
    I just did some actual science on this one.

I couldn't find any definitive info on the volume of a glob of glycol. I was able to derive an approximate value, though it turned out to be blue rather than clear for some reason.

View attachment 977321

So the answer to your question is, around 17 weeks.

My research hasn't been peer reviewed yet though. Maybe some of you guys could double check my calculations.

Let me see...

math-formulas-seamless-pattern-hand-drawn-mathematical-equations-vector-illustration-2E47PAC.jpg

The glob is blue because of blue raspberry flavoring.

• Agree
    Reactions: dedi

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Jun 28, 2016
    The Forest
    FWIW, no one contributing to this thread made a claim that vaping was 100% safe for our bodies.

The OP made a claim he/she was unable to backup despite many opportunities to do so. To the OP, good luck to you.

As to vaping, we vapers are on the bleeding edge (if you will and so to speak).

The majority on ECF, VU and the other vaping forums are of the opinion that vaping is healthier versus smoking.

People in the medical and science fields in the UK agree with that.

Eventually time will tell what, if any, harm vaping does to a human body.

What is a known certainty is that many have experienced better health after ditching the smokes and taking up vaping. Their many stories can be found here and elsewhere. Some have very clearly stated they would likely be DEAD had they continued smoking.

Each of us made a conscious choice, vaping over smoking, and I am fairly confident the majority are happy with the choice they made. Speaking for myself, I am.

We make Life choices each and every day, not all the choices we make are healthy, we assume X amount of risk daily in our lives.

And frankly, people die every moment of every day.

This from Georgetown University paints the picture...

"65 million people die each year in the world. That is 178,000 each day, 7425 each hour, and 120 each minute."

"The United States population is 1/24th of the world population (320 million of 7.6 billion). In the United States, 2.6 million die each year. That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute."

There are no guarantees in Life whatsoever. We live, hopefully each leads a full life, then we die. Life goes by quickly, make it count. :)

Javichu

Account closed on request
    ECF Veteran
    Mar 8, 2020
    Spain
    FWIW, no one contributing to this thread made a claim that vaping was 100% safe for our bodies.

The OP made a claim he/she was unable to backup despite many opportunities to do so. To the OP, good luck to you.

As to vaping, we vapers are on the bleeding edge (if you will and so to speak).

The majority on ECF, VU and the other vaping forums are of the opinion that vaping is healthier versus smoking.

People in the medical and science fields in the UK agree with that.

Eventually time will tell what, if any, harm vaping does to a human body.

What is a known certainty is that many have experienced better health after ditching the smokes and taking up vaping. Their many stories can be found here and elsewhere. Some have very clearly stated they would likely be DEAD had they continued smoking.

Each of us made a conscious choice, vaping over smoking, and I am fairly confident the majority are happy with the choice they made. Speaking for myself, I am.

We make Life choices each and every day, not all the choices we make are healthy, we assume X amount of risk daily in our lives.

And frankly, people die every moment of every day.

This from Georgetown University paints the picture...

"65 million people die each year in the world. That is 178,000 each day, 7425 each hour, and 120 each minute."

"The United States population is 1/24th of the world population (320 million of 7.6 billion). In the United States, 2.6 million die each year. That is 7123 each day, 297 each hour, and 5 each minute."

There are no guarantees in Life whatsoever. We live, hopefully each leads a full life, then we die. Life goes by quickly, make it count. :)

shia-la-beouf.gif

I would have shed a tear at your post but as you all know Spanish men are so macho that we don't cry ;)

Reactions: FranC
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread