I think i ordered the wrong strength

Status
Not open for further replies.

Menolly

ECF Veteran
Mar 14, 2009
Austin, TX
I smoke about 15 analogs a day. I was not researching e liquid very thoroughly and I came to the assumption that I needed the 18 mg High nic liquid.

Was this too high? I want something that will satisfy cravings but at the same time not give me headaches ya know.

Anyways, Your help is aprecciated as always

Everybody is going to be different. There is no absolute formula, but you can get close by calculating based on the information on this forum. You also can't be sure exactly how much liquid you'll vape in a day. If you vape 1 mL of 18mg- that is fairly comparable to 15 analogs (at approx 1mg nicotine per cigarette). However, you may end up vaping more than that and need to reduce your concentration to compensate.

I would go ahead and try the 18mg. If you get headaches or otherwise decide that you want to reduce the nicotine level- it's easy to dilute it.

RobS

Mar 17, 2009
Pennsylvania
I was a pack-a-day smoker, and have found that 24mg is a decent strength for me; no unpleasant symptoms whatever. If I vape very heavily, I can tell when I've had enough for awhile, but I really have to push hard to reach that point. I use 16-18mg as well, and that suffices too, but I find I prefer the 24, myself. I think that the 18mg should suit you well.. You can always go a step lower, say, 11, in the future, or maybe get some to have available for when you just want to do some relatively light vaping.

Elendil

Assclown Exterminator
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2009
IL USA
It is always beeter to order a higher strength anyway. You can always dilute with PG and get more juice for the buck. I find with most of the better suppliers (TW, e-smokey treats, TW, and I'm sure others I missed) that I can cut the juice to a 50/50 mix and not degrade the flavor too badly.

I mostly use unflavored juice and add my own flavors later anyway (Lorann's etc). I like 12 mg juice, so I purchase 36mg unflavored and mix with a 2:1 ration of PG to juice and I get 3 times as much juice for the same money. As you become more comfortable with the whole vaping scene, I really endorse this method.

EDIT: FYI, I was a 1.5 pack a day smoker of Pall Mall's and 12mg works for me, BUT my screwdriver is welded to my hand all the time. If I increased the concentration, I might vape less, and who wants that........

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread