(sings) Nothing could be wrong-er that smoking that analog-er in the moooorrrnnning!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
Errr, I just woke up...sorry for my goofiness! :oops:
I've been vaping for 2 days so far and I really really want to smoke in the mornings instead of vaping. I know its probably from going all night without nicotine. I even ordered a higher nicotine liquid to hopefully stop this morning craving. I smoked 5 analogs yesterday....compared to 25! Thats a huge accomplishment for me!
Anyway enough of my ranting...does anyone else have this problem and what do you do in the mornings to satisfy that craving? Do you use certain flavors/strengths etc?

NCC

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 14, 2010
Fla Panhandle, USA
First, congratulations on cutting your cigarette consumption by 80%. That's great!

I usually leave the house in a rush with barely time for a couple drags on my PV, and then heavy vaping for my long 10 minute commute to work. Higher nicotine level was my solution. What that higher level needs to be depends on the individual. You might consider a juice specifically for those times which is maybe 50% higher than your all day vape.

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
First, congratulations on cutting your cigarette consumption by 80%. That's great!

I usually leave the house in a rush with barely time for a couple drags on my PV, and then heavy vaping for my long 10 minute commute to work. Higher nicotine level was my solution. What that higher level needs to be depends on the individual. You might consider a juice specifically for those times which is maybe 50% higher than your all day vape.

I'm also concidering using a stronger flavored liquid also...just to give me that "ummph!" I need to get started in the morning. A flavor that would go good with a cup of coffee.

trouble2k

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2010
Billings, MT
The higher nic level really helped me through the morning. I vape 24 mg throughout the day, but used some 30 mg for the morning coffee. Also, having a good, strong coffee flavor helps. I picked up a cappuccino flavor from liberty flights and mixed in a little caramel and hazelnut. For me, the coffee flavors have a better TH that I crave right away in the morning.

Now I am comfortable using the 24 mg consistently through the mornings. I also need to be careful because the coffee itself makes me feel a bit anxious from the caffeine. Kinda that "nic fit" feeling. Congratulations on cutting your cig usage by that much. Just remember, sometimes it's just cutting one cig at a time out of the equation until you reach zero.

Happy vaping :)

Springbird

ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2010
Connecticut
When I started vaping I had the same issue. I had some 36mg cartos that someone had given me and they did the trick. Usually I vape 18mg so this is quite a jump. Three or four puffs on one of those carts would do the trick. Some flavors are better morning flavors for me. PureVapes Vanilla Cinnamint is one. It has a very bright cinnaminty flavor that helps to wake up my brain.

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
The higher nic level really helped me through the morning. I vape 24 mg throughout the day, but used some 30 mg for the morning coffee. Also, having a good, strong coffee flavor helps. I picked up a cappuccino flavor from liberty flights and mixed in a little caramel and hazelnut. For me, the coffee flavors have a better TH that I crave right away in the morning.

Now I am comfortable using the 24 mg consistently through the mornings. I also need to be careful because the coffee itself makes me feel a bit anxious from the caffeine. Kinda that "nic fit" feeling. Congratulations on cutting your cig usage by that much. Just remember, sometimes it's just cutting one cig at a time out of the equation until you reach zero.

Happy vaping :)

Thanks for the info! I'm lurking around my mailbox each day waiting for my new flavors to come in. Hopefully I will find just the right one to take away that craving! If not...I'll just order more! Yay! =)

oshnblu

Oct 6, 2010
Florida
Good morning!
I have had the same experience as you have, 2 weeks in. Down 80% as well, and that has saved me from smoking over 2 cartons. Every day I have less and less desire, and when I do give in they taste like crapola and usually only take 2 or 3 drags. I am not putting any pressure on myself, It will happen.
Congrats on the progress and Thank you for the song now stuck in my head!

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
Congrats on cutting down. The analog cravings will wear off. There's no single, 'correct' way to get off the analogs. Give it time... soon you'll be singing:

Nothing could be finder than to vape a cart-o finer in the mooooor or or ning!

P.S. Usually 24 mg in the morning.

(Thumbs up for early morning goofiness)

NurseCin

ECF Veteran
Oct 25, 2010
Southwest Florida
Good morning!
I have had the same experience as you have, 2 weeks in. Down 80% as well, and that has saved me from smoking over 2 cartons. Every day I have less and less desire, and when I do give in they taste like crapola and usually only take 2 or 3 drags. I am not putting any pressure on myself, It will happen.
Congrats on the progress and Thank you for the song now stuck in my head!

You're very welcome!!! I make up songs about everything! lol

Maggie49

Sep 14, 2010
Pennsylvania
You sound just like me too. I head downstairs for the coffee and then walk outside and feel like I need that morning analog. I can only stomach 1/2 of it so I put it out. I think with me it is just habit...something I have been doing everyday for 45 years. I am not allowed to have caffeine due to a couple of medical reasons...so those few minutes outside in the frosty air now here in PA give me a jolt. I am vaping 24mg. all of the time.

One thing that I am finding since cutting way back on the analogs is...I am sleeping better at night.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread