Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonee N

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 24, 2017
Nevada
I can get more flavor from my Pulse 22 rda with 1 Fused Clapton at 50w than my tanks that have Sextuple coils @80w or my King Beast with a T8 coil @110w.
Start small, do ALOT of research and go from there. Just because your mod says it might be 200w+ doesn't mean it will do 200w+ and most likely you will never use it any where near 200w.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Don29palms

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Sep 12, 2014
joshua tree, ca
I have many rtas and many rdas. I only have 2 single coil tanks. The pharaoh rta and the ijoy exo rta. I like the exo alot better than the pharaoh. They both collect dust on the shelf. My 2 favorite tanks are the OBS Engine dual coil or the OBS Crius Plus with the quad coil deck. Sijce I started squonking that's all I use anymore. I will admit I'm more of a cloud chase but I make my own juice so great flavor is never an issue. If you like the performance of an RDA and the convenience of an RTA you can also look at an RDTA like the OBS Crius RDTA.

Those are just my thoughts.

Reactions: Letitia

rob33

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 20, 2009
A World Traveler
hi,
so i just bought a wismec predator 228w tc yesterday,
and i got the elabo tank with it, i kinda don't like the flavor and i'm getting some juice on my lips makes me wanna throw up, it sucks definitely a bad experience on my first time vaping. but that's not it guys i'm really into vape so i figured out about this amazing forum with amazing community of vapers.
i don't wanna make it long but i'm not sure whether to buy an rda, or an rta, so here's the informations i gathered for both of these tanks and i know there's different brands and tanks and they're different in specs but i'm just talking about general rda/rta tanks(please correct me if i'm wrong about what i think about these tanks)

the rda: best flavous, but you have to drip every few puffs.

the rta: good flavour, you don't have to drip it has a good tank. bit more expensive.

now of course i would buy the rta coz its better i don't have to drip juice every few puffs but i have a question about it...
does it really keep flavor good or even close to the rda??

please advice me and suggest whether to buy rda or an rta and of course would be cool if you leave a name of a good tank brands and why is it better than other brands.
edit: please reply i spent so much time writing this post :')

Personally I could never warm up to a tank, they are just to fiddly when you try other options. My choice is a squonker with a rda. Everything a tank is with very few drawbacks. With a squonker you can vape anyway you like. Just an idea worth looking into since you are looking for a change.

QcVaper

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 17, 2017
Canada/Quebec
I've seen here that some recommended the big baby rba, since i have it here and using it right now thought i'd add my 2 cents.
Firstly i DO NOT recommend this to anyone that's a beginner or new to rta,i bought the big baby tank by itself and came with the rba base,since i went through both included coils i got some cotton and whicked that thing up, flavor is very good with moderate to big clouds (depending on how you puff on it i use 6mg so i mostly do short puffs)
But i cannot see myself even attempting to rebuild that thing since it's clearly and extremely small ,where' as most rda and rtas i've seen have at least big enough decks to build properly on them. Also the rba needs a seperate glass (comes in the box) to fit the tank,and leaks alot but i've done my research and seems ALOT of folks are having problems with so it's most likely a manufacturing issue (i've seen shorts issues,leakage,0hms jumping etc) all because the rta dosen't sit very nicely in the base and pushes the 510 pin to it's max (it dosen't spring back) so it's probably suited towards hybrid caps otherwise you'll have a gap between your mod and tank like i do.

Overall a nice rba to try at least whicking it but i can't see myself using it longer than i have to,since there's too many negatives about it. Imho if you buy the big baby stay with factory coils, sure they don't last longer but i've had 0 issues besides that with those.

mimöschen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 15, 2016
I'd go for an RDA clone, because it's just dead simple to work with and doesn't cost much. A Goon for example.

If you want to go a step higher, try a RDTA like the Limitless Plus, which is available as a decent clone too. A little bit trickier to wick, but it will give you a feel for the wicking, without the possibility of getting juice all over the place.

As a full blown RTA I'd suggest an OBS Engine (Nano). For a RTA, these are quite easy to work with and have no risk of leaking and are able to deliver a really good vaping experience.
But they are nontheless much trickier to build than an RDA or RDTA.

Gahh

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 24, 2013
Bay Shore LI NY
hi,
so i just bought a wismec predator 228w tc yesterday,
and i got the elabo tank with it, i kinda don't like the flavor and i'm getting some juice on my lips makes me wanna throw up, it sucks definitely a bad experience on my first time vaping. but that's not it guys i'm really into vape so i figured out about this amazing forum with amazing community of vapers.
i don't wanna make it long but i'm not sure whether to buy an rda, or an rta, so here's the informations i gathered for both of these tanks and i know there's different brands and tanks and they're different in specs but i'm just talking about general rda/rta tanks(please correct me if i'm wrong about what i think about these tanks)

the rda: best flavous, but you have to drip every few puffs.

the rta: good flavour, you don't have to drip it has a good tank. bit more expensive.

now of course i would buy the rta coz its better i don't have to drip juice every few puffs but i have a question about it...
does it really keep flavor good or even close to the rda??

please advice me and suggest whether to buy rda or an rta and of course would be cool if you leave a name of a good tank brands and why is it better than other brands.
edit: please reply i spent so much time writing this post :')
A month late on this reply:
For $11.88 this can't get any better, (other than the long anticipated wait till it gets to your door.)
Click on this...Azeroth RTA (Styled / Clone) for 12 bucks!!!!!!!!

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Good vape shops usually have a few tanks filled that you can try with your own drip tip on top. They are usually vaping all day and don't mind letting you put your drip tip on and take a few hits. If you can find one that you want to test before plunking down the money it's a good way to check out what's available.

That's my experience, but I have a Stormy's Vapor Cellar about 2 miles from home. They'll put batteries in a mod and let you pick a demo tank to top it for a test or let you use you own mod at your own settings..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread