I want bigger clouds

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA
So I have be endlessly searching through you tube and got annoyed so I figured just ask on the forums see what I come up with. Im looking for bigger clouds. I have 28 gauge round and flat kanthal wire. along with ekowool, silica , cotton, and SS wicks. Running a magneto mechanical with aga-t2. nemesis and dripper are in the mail. but I don't want to always use a dripper. So whats a good way to get big clouds off an aga-t2 and magneto. im getting decent vapes but I see WAAAAY bigger on youtube. also have a 30 amp sony battery. Right now I have 28 gauge round wire dual coiled with cotton 4 wraps on each . What can I do make it better? micro coil? or just a matter of tweaking my wraps on a better wick. Im going to try ekowool since I never have used before. I tried sheathing a SS wick with eko and I think I had bad wraps cause my wires were not getting hot enough. Anyways, any input would be nice only been doing my own coils for a about a month now and my setup right now is at 1ohm.

Jay-dub

Moved On
Oct 10, 2013
Kansas City, MO
1000896_67455BS_A_400.jpg

Mini Fog Maker

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA
lol really? quad coil? made 1 micro coil yesterday....was 2 but I bent my wire and when I pulsed it broke one near center post....human error ill make another one today see how dual mini works....but hrmm quad coil on aga sounds fun.....and yea I was thinking about drilling the air hole. isn't 1/8th what most people drill them out too? or little bit smaller I cant recall...should I put in another hole for the other wick?

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
lots of those rain cloud videos are set ups just for those one off videos. get a trident make a quad coil around 4 ohms, use pure vg and set the top cap to the biggest holes, then take the wickedest lung hit you can stand.

the best you can do in a aga i would imagine is a dual coil dual airhole setup around .6 ohms or so using 500 mesh. more then anything its about the setup in the right rba, while all of them can be made to vape well some just naturally make more vapor then others from the way they are designed. but a good wick with plenty of airflow is key.

my megatron puts out freakin atomic clouds with just a 1 ohm coil on some 500 i had to stop using dual coils cause i couldnt breath lol. as long as i have owned it im still amazed at how they figured this design out.

Last edited:

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA
lots of those rain cloud videos are set ups just for those one off videos. get a trident make a quad coil around 4 ohms, use pure vg and set the top cap to the biggest holes, then take the wickedest lung hit you can stand.

the best you can do in a aga i would imagine is a dual coil dual airhole setup around .6 ohms or so using 500 mesh. more then anything its about the setup in the right rba, while all of them can be made to vape well some just naturally make more vapor then others from the way they are designed. but a good wick with plenty of airflow is key.

my megatron puts out freakin atomic clouds with just a 1 ohm coil on some 500 i had to stop using dual coils cause i couldnt breath lol. as long as i have owned it im still amazed at how they figured this design out.

I wrapped a micro coil , vapor production seems better. single coil single wick. I just got some ribbon wire just not sure how I should wrap it. try a micro coil with a ribbon? ive seen pictures of people running ribbon wire "parallel" . http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/371960-kanthal-ribbon-wire-3.html havnt seen it really anywhere else but here and no feedback on how good it performed.

Iffy

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 3, 2011
Florida Suncoast
wish that was helpful but it wasn't. :-\

Well, that's not all that unusual for moi. Was just trying to let you know in a 'round 'bout way that you might want to do some serious ECF searches (AV 407) and be prepared to spend some bux until you find what trips your 'wire'/kanthal.

C'est la vie...

StarsAndBars

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2010
Colorado
From what I've noticed, clouds are best formed by using ubber low resistance (but not necessarily) and lung inhales. Start noticing when you watch videos that many of these guys are not inhaling 'mouth to lung,' but taking the vapor straight into their lungs. As it stands to reason this would allow you to provide much more air to your coil for much longer duration. If you want to do these you will need gobs of air flow in whatever your using, and I highly recommend low nic levels, or cast iron lungs.

hazarada

ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2013
buttville
The best kind of heater i've built on a tank type rba is a thin and hollow ss 400 wick with 8 wraps of 0.5x0.1 kanthal(i like double wrap at the top on my RSST). After oxidizing by pulsing(doing it properly takes half a day with 5 minute sessions every hour or so for me) it comes out to around 2.4 ohms which i run at ~10w on regulated mods (mechs don't have the voltage for it).
Requires a dry burn every couple weeks since it tends to gather gunk between the wraps which greatly inhibit its amount of vapor and cant use with less than half a tank due to its weakish wicking ability but other than that its the most vapor i've gotten without burning anything.
I've tried a hybrid wick for it which effectively gets rid of the wicking problem but those seem to irreversibly degrade after a couple months since i think they gather gunk on the inside. I've also tried thicker wicks which also do the trick but make the thing darn slow (the time between pushing the button and getting vapor).
Anyway thats my main vaping tool since it works well in a rba, is low maitenance(i fix a hotspot every few months) and is long lasting (the oldest one i still use is ~6 months in without signs of weakening), all good things for somebody as lazy as me :D

Last edited:

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA

ToryCooper

Verified Member
Oct 18, 2013
Huntsville Alabama USA
Have you tried changing your juice? Try some VG heavy juices.

couple different kinds. My first RBA and RDA so im still experimenting with coils too but its nice to have some pointers to go off of as well. I get decent clouds just tinkering and seeing what I like tho. got a RDA with dual ribbon coils in a cotton bed very tasty. and in RBA have a micro in some silica decent clouds as well. we will see what I build next maybe dual micros in my RDA. I see conflicts with micros and sub ohming on what gets bigger clouds. but I hear extreme sub ohming kills flavor.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
I wrapped a micro coil , vapor production seems better. single coil single wick. I just got some ribbon wire just not sure how I should wrap it. try a micro coil with a ribbon? ive seen pictures of people running ribbon wire "parallel" . http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/modding-forum/371960-kanthal-ribbon-wire-3.html havnt seen it really anywhere else but here and no feedback on how good it performed.
I like the ribbon wire in a dripper it works well has a lot of surface area to cook the wicks, just wrap it nice and flat on the wick coils close as possible i dont bother with the micros and all that, i get big enough clouds now, not looking for more lol

P7120087.jpg
I know its not what your talking about but i mean really this is a dinky piece of 3 mm silica with a 1.2 ohm regular ol' coil on a mech with 70 PG, its not a monster cloud but they sure are thick and dense :D
my geni is even worse, so i dont really need anything special personally.

it really will come down to just playing, you can try a million different style, but its the hands on time, the tuning of the wick, coil, device all rolled together that will make the performance stand out, the more you play and experience the better it gets so keep with it and you will get there. ;)

the one thing never mentioned in the videos is "oh yea by the way this is like my zillionth time making a coil in a dripper" so they have the tuning down.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread