I want to try making a simple tobacco-based liquid

Status
Not open for further replies.

ericoahu

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Oahu
I understand the whole "just gotta experiment and find what you like" reasoning. And ultimately, that is exactly what I'll do.

What I'm asking for is a bit of a head start. I've had good success with my juice making so far, so I have an understanding of the basic principles like "start small" and "let steep" etc.

What I am looking for is suggestions on some quality base tobacco flavors that work well by themselves or with one or two extra flavors. Preferably made by FlavourArt. And preferably sold by ecigexpress or a vendor with comparable selection of DIY supplies.

I could go look at the recipes sub-forum but I don't want to dive into tobacco flavors head first and stock up on a bunch of things I won't use if I decide to give up on baccy flavors.

The general direction I want to go is with something that's not incredibly sweet. An RY4 would probably be out because I don't care for Vanilla.

My favorite tobacco juice purchased is White Spur from Upstomp. Something in that spirit would be great.

RosaJ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 30, 2012
The Woodlands, TX, USA
Here's a chart I found straight from FlavorArt about their tobacco flavors. I ordered their Cuban Supreme and added caramel to it and it's very good, it tastes sort of like an RY4. I used more caramel than tobacco flavoring.

Good luck and enjoy!

Sorry forgot to add the link, here it is: http://www.flavourart.it/grafico tabacco.pdf

ericoahu

ECF Veteran
Aug 30, 2012
Oahu
@Rosa Thanks for the link! Very helpful

@kabonk I saw those and will be trying them. I heard good things about Captain too.

When I first started DIY I had big ideas about creating my own flavors and recipes. I've kind of cooled off on that and plan on just saving money by making single flavoring juices for a while.

One thing I don't like about those ECX tobacco express flavorings is there's nothing (on many of them) to tell a newb like me what they'll taste like. So many of them say something like "Modeled after the most popular e-cigarette flavors in the world. HIGHLY concentrated."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread