i wont be able to vape. where do i get my nicotine from???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
when i started this thread, I had one unused prefilled carto, and what i belived to be about 1/2 of the one on my battery. Plus like i mentioned on the other post on nic levels, i allready had severe nicotine cravings (only used 12mg prefilled cartos, apparently not enought for a 20year/2PAD ex-smoker).

About 2 hours ago, the cart on my battery finally died. And i figured i would save the last unused one as long as possible.
Abut 1 hour ago, the cravings got worse, much worse. So i jumped in my car, went to the nearest drugstore, and got me a box of 2mg nicorette gum. I asked for the 4mg ones, but they told me that "4mg ones were very hard to find" and that i could instead use 2 at the same time. Making an effort not to murder the guy, i accepted the 2mg ones.
Got back into my car, poped 2 gums out of the box, and started chewing.

By the time i got back home...
OMG... Bliss! :2cool:
As im typing this the cravings are about 95% gone, i even feel much, much better that how i felt with the 12mg cartos.
This only reafirmed my belive that 12mg cartos/juice is simply not enough for a former 2 PAD smoker.

Now, ill just continue to chew on these magical packets of bliss xD untill my 24mg juice gets here. And hopefully, the 24mg juice will keep the cravings away.

Thanks a lot for all for all your sugestions and support guys.

EDIT:
I strongly recommend to all fellow vapers/ex-heavy smokers, to keep one pack of these gums at hand at all times, in case your juice runs out, battery dies, atty burns out, etc. and you find yourself in a situation where you cant vape.

Last edited:

Chrissie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Another idea to make your cartos last longer is to top them up with some pure glycerine (cheap as chips to buy from most chemists (drug stores?) you might have to thin the glycerine a tad with either distilled water or vodka. OK it will cut the nic content in the cartos, so maybe some nicotine gum as well to help with any cravings.

Samyaza

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 10, 2012
London, ON
Glad to see the gum works for you! I can't use it or the patches :/

Gum burns my mouth and patches cause massive skin irritation :(

Thank everything for e-cigs and good luck with getting your higher nic asap.

Until I was used to e-cigs I couldn't vape anything under 24mg, I still have a 36mg bottle with me for bad mornings or if I haven't been able to vape for a while - makes all the difference and I am down to 18mg now :)

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
Benzin, I admire your commitment! Looks like you got a good handle on the situation now, hoping all goes well for you from here on out.

Best of luck, & Happy Vaping first chance ya get! :vapor: :toast:

Same here. I feel his pain and I have over 100ml in the fridge....just ordered another 200ml.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Thanks a lot fellas! :)
cravings are still gone, and ibe managed to go thru the day chewing my gum, and taking 2 or 3 light puffs at my only carto every now and then.
You know, this incident gave me the chance to (forcefully i guess) experiment if the cravings come from the mental aspect (eg oral fixation, association, etc), or just plain physical nicotine addiction. And it seems that (to me at least) its about 90% plain nic addiction, because even thoug i do miss my vaping, spending all these hours with very little of it, hasnt been too hard.

Well, hopefully my juice will be here tomorrow, and ill just put those bad tasting (but 100% life saving) gum tablets in my drawer for emergencies.

I appreciate all the moral support you guys gave me, as well as the congrats. :)

Im actually pretty happy right now with myself, because i managed to keep my self promise, and further convinced myself that even if things get tough (like today) i can still say that my smoking days, are over.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Hey Banzin, there is a guy in Merida that sells Dekang juice and he has very good prices, you could ask he send you some by estafeta same day, you can find him on facebook under "vapea deja de fumar"... I´m from Monterrey, echale ganas compadre...
Hi! do you have an email or some contact information for this guy? I would really appreciate it!
Gracias mi amigo!

Last edited:

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Glad to see the gum works for you! I can't use it or the patches :/

Gum burns my mouth and patches cause massive skin irritation :(

Thank everything for e-cigs and good luck with getting your higher nic asap.

Until I was used to e-cigs I couldn't vape anything under 24mg, I still have a 36mg bottle with me for bad mornings or if I haven't been able to vape for a while - makes all the difference and I am down to 18mg now :)
aww, its too bad about the gum & patches :( could it be some sort of alergy to them? maybe you can try the inhalers? thanks for your support :)

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Same here. I feel his pain and I have over 100ml in the fridge....just ordered another 200ml.
and after those 200ml, get another 200! hehe
trust me, from now on, im gonna stock up so much juice, im gonna have this stuff by the liter! :)
in fact im gonna make shure i have backups of the backups of everything, not just the e-juice.

georgie_concept

Verified Member
Hey Benzin,

nice read here ;o)

just for your info.. i have just vaped juice that was in my fridge for 5 months and it tasted dredfull.

Maybe freeze some down (lol)

Im with you on the whole corrupt system issue!

i would be glad to help out in terms of sending you parcels that do not seem to have ejuice in them (wink)

Keep up the good vibe

n9emz

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2012
Florida Space Coast
home.bluemarble.net
>Benzin....good to hear you found a way to cope and I wish you continued success and good fortune. You might note the following also.

>georgie....I've marked and kept a portion of each purchase for quality control purposes and have about 7ml left from my initial in-store purchase of JAN 06,2012, the day the wife and I switched to vaping. I vape a 1.1ml tank from those samples every few days and there has been no noticeable degradation/deterioration to date. My last order was 150ml of my juice and 45ml of what I mix with mine for the wife....a 30-50 (realistically) 60-day supply. I'm now comfortable with a 200ml order at this time. Oh, I store it at 3°C.

An additional, initial concern was source. However, I've found no vendor who stays constantly stocked with what I vape and I have to switch sources every time I order. I have to purchase in these quantities to insure I have backup stock due to vendor unreliability.

Everyone have a most wonderful weekend ahead and happy vaping.

Benzin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 12, 2012
Cancun MX
Thanks for the offer to help man!

Hey Benzin,

nice read here ;o)

just for your info.. i have just vaped juice that was in my fridge for 5 months and it tasted dredfull.

Maybe freeze some down (lol)

Im with you on the whole corrupt system issue!

i would be glad to help out in terms of sending you parcels that do not seem to have ejuice in them (wink)

Keep up the good vibe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread