i would like some advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
New York
I joined this forum a few years ago when I was starting the vaping journey, I found it very helpful and got help from users. Unfortunately, I quit vape and went back to cigs. Now I am trying to quit cigs again and do vape, I’m even trying MMJ vape and quitting smoking it. I was looking around and some of the webs I had bookmark don't exist I see a lot has changed with the batteries and parts.

I was hoping you guys could help me yet again I had an OMG VV 1 tank Kit I don’t remember where it is I got it from vapor4life.com in 2012 i remember had like 3600 mAh and could change voltages I am a heavy smoker so I need a battery that won’t discharge too quick or at least one with the USB passthru (that means I can vape while It charges?) a battery and maybe tank (idk what the equivalent is nowadays) that would produce more vap similar to all the smoke a ciggarete produces (idk if I make sanse) and if im not askifn too much whats the places t buy e-juice nowadays? I made this thread in 2011 but a lot has changed since then, so any help is appreciated.

englishmick

Vaping Master
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2014
Naptown, Indiana
A lot of mods these days have removable batteries. That might be the way to go rather than trying to find a mod with a larger internal battery. You could charge up as many batteries as you need to get you through a day and carry them with you.

Pass through is probably not a good option. Never tried it myself but people say it's unreliable and hard on the mod, mainly on the USB connection.

I won't try to help with tank suggestions since the type I use wouldn't give you the hit you likely need.

Good luck.

Nate5700

ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2014
Jenks, OK, USA
I just came from a similar situation to you in that I sat out of vaping for a few years, decided to start back, and now everything's changed.

It's hard to start to approach your question since there's so much to choose from now. You said you're looking for a vape similar to what a cigarette produces...so does that mean you're more interested in a mouth-to-lung type of draw more like you would a cigarette? Many devices nowadays are designed for a direct-lung draw where you basically suck the vapor right into your lungs without holding it in your mouth... it's a little different but many people like it. The draw you want is going to be key for someone to recommend you a tank. And from that then you can start to talk about a mod can power that appropriately.

Reactions: stols001

AngeNZ

ShutterBug
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Contest Winner!
  • Mar 24, 2018
    New Zealand
    Welcome back :)

For the tank - I found the innokin zenith mtl tank fantastic for flavour and coil life. It comes with 1.6 and 0.8 ohm coils.

There are tons of mod options out there - it depends if you want internal or external batteries, pocket size or something built like a tank and durable.

Eleaf pico 25 80w is an external single 18650 battery pocket sized mod. The geekvape aegis 100w mod is also an external battery mod.

For an internal battery mod - maybe the innokin kroma-a mod. Its only 2000mah tho. But you can get a starter kit that includes both the zenith tank and kroma-a mod.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
    New York
    A lot of mods these days have removable batteries. That might be the way to go rather than trying to find a mod with a larger internal battery. You could charge up as many batteries as you need to get you through a day and carry them with you.

Pass through is probably not a good option. Never tried it myself but people say it's unreliable and hard on the mod, mainly on the USB connection.

I won't try to help with tank suggestions since the type I use wouldn't give you the hit you likely need.

Good luck.

The one I had it used a battery little smaller than a C battery it was not internal.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
    New York
    I just came from a similar situation to you in that I sat out of vaping for a few years, decided to start back, and now everything's changed.

It's hard to start to approach your question since there's so much to choose from now. You said you're looking for a vape similar to what a cigarette produces...so does that mean you're more interested in a mouth-to-lung type of draw more like you would a cigarette? Many devices nowadays are designed for a direct-lung draw where you basically suck the vapor right into your lungs without holding it in your mouth... it's a little different but many people like it. The draw you want is going to be key for someone to recommend you a tank. And from that then you can start to talk about a mod can power that appropriately.
    may i see a link to one of those, please?

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
    New York
    Welcome back :)

For the tank - I found the innokin zenith mtl tank fantastic for flavour and coil life. It comes with 1.6 and 0.8 ohm coils.

There are tons of mod options out there - it depends if you want internal or external batteries, pocket size or something built like a tank and durable.

Eleaf pico 25 80w is an external single 18650 battery pocket sized mod. The geekvape aegis 100w mod is also an external battery mod.

For an internal battery mod - maybe the innokin kroma-a mod. Its only 2000mah tho. But you can get a starter kit that includes both the zenith tank and kroma-a mod.

well, I am always home I only go outside for medical appointments so I don't vape in the streets, just at home so size does not matter. as for Mods not necessarily has to be a mod just a nice Battery that will produce a good vapor, because my MMJ vape I have to pull few times and coming from cig.. is annoying.

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
    New York
    I went to my local Smoke shop and got this battery and tank. the tank is a Smoketech TFV8 baby battery is smoketech as well. I noticed they have version TFV12. I love this tank so far, I think is a DL? because in inhale and don't even feel t but it goes to my lungs and when I exhale a lot of vapor. for now, I'm loving this one ill stay with it until it breaks lol. but thanks for the help and all a lot have changed since 2011 for the better, of course, was just confusing at first. but it's like riding a bicycle.

7XLIkkq.jpg

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    I went to my local Smoke shop and got this battery and tank. the tank is a Smoketech TFV8 baby battery is smoketech as well. I noticed they have version TFV12. I love this tank so far, I think is a DL? because in inhale and don't even feel t but it goes to my lungs and when I exhale a lot of vapor. for now, I'm loving this one ill stay with it until it breaks lol. but thanks for the help and all a lot have changed since 2011 for the better, of course, was just confusing at first. but it's like riding a bicycle.

7XLIkkq.jpg
    Yep that a direct lung setup. Unless you are using ss coils, you should set the mod on wattage mode though....instructions included in the box will show you how to do this....

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Welcome back and glad you like your setup. There are a fair number of requitters who find they really enjoy DL setups compared to MTL setups that they may have tried earlier. Just remember battery safety I will post some links but you want to be sure you have authentic batteries and from a reputable vendor. Batteries (external ones) really shouldn't be charged via the USB port for a variety of reasons it's best to remove them and charge them in an external charger which should also be of good quality. Mooch has a table in his blog that lists battery tests and ratings if you are vaping at 30 watts, you may not need the most "powerful" battery of all time, but you do want to be sure they're authentic and of good quality. The last cell in the table (I would link it but I've never been successful) also lists authentic manufacturers.

Hopefully the vape shop explained that most DL vapers use lower nicotine than smaller, MTL setups such as the ones you were using before.

Welcome and I hope things work out for you.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Anna

Reactions: Baditude

Slight

Aug 25, 2011
    New York
    Yep that a direct lung setup. Unless you are using ss coils, you should set the mod on wattage mode though....instructions included in the box will show you how to do this....

yeah its in watt mode.
    Welcome back and glad you like your setup. There are a fair number of requitters who find they really enjoy DL setups compared to MTL setups that they may have tried earlier. Just remember battery safety I will post some links but you want to be sure you have authentic batteries and from a reputable vendor. Batteries (external ones) really shouldn't be charged via the USB port for a variety of reasons it's best to remove them and charge them in an external charger which should also be of good quality. Mooch has a table in his blog that lists battery tests and ratings if you are vaping at 30 watts, you may not need the most "powerful" battery of all time, but you do want to be sure they're authentic and of good quality. The last cell in the table (I would link it but I've never been successful) also lists authentic manufacturers.

Hopefully the vape shop explained that most DL vapers use lower nicotine than smaller, MTL setups such as the ones you were using before.

Welcome and I hope things work out for you.

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blogs/mooch.256958/

https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/blog-entry/baditudes-blogs.7609/

Anna

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, this has an internal battery as far as I can tell. the vape shop did not explain anything to me about the nicotine or anything i ended up on youtube to get it running. when I got the battery it was on 400 watts or 40? idk said 400 I lowered to 300 vapor was too hot haven't touched the ohm thought, just lowered the watts and strength until I get used to DL.

do I need to use lower nicotine with DL?

• Agree

stols001

Moved On
    ECF Veteran
    May 30, 2017
    Call and ask the store? I might guess that if there's no nic listed, it is 0 nic. But who KNOWS, so call them.

3--6 sounds about right, use one of those. If you feel like you need higher nic, try the 6. If it's too much, use the 3.

Call the store and don't use the other one until you find out what it is They should have a record of your purchase and etc.

Anna

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread