I wrote this to the White House:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding the electronic cigarette: After decades of smoking tobacco cigarettes, I was finally able to quit smoking using this device and have not smoked a tobacco cigarette since May, and the idea of returning to smoking cigarettes is repulsive to me. I think these devices are a huge breakthrough in smoking cessation, and their use should be encouraged (according to my own medical doctor) rather than discouraged in any way by regulations. Now as a "vaper" I prefer any flavor other than tobacco (which I don't even like and is a reminder of the deadly risk of smoking tobacco), so I enjoy the other flavors offered (including clove and cinnamon Red Hots). Based on my own extensive online research, most vapers are adults who are trying to stop smoking cigarettes and enjoy flavors other than tobacco. I have to disagree with some articles I've read that the e-cigarette business is targeting youth by enticing them with flavors that would attract them. This is unsubstantited, besides. Please refer to this article on what they're doing in Australia: Aussies Take the Lead? - ECF InfoZone

I first tried vaping in 2009 and wasn't satisfied with the weak analog-mimicking devices (with the hokey light at the tip). After my doctor told me in April to give e-cigs another chance with the newer technology, I was finally able to stop smoking tobacco and now rely solely on the e-cig. (Carry around small vv ego batteries for use outside home; use Smok Zmax v. 2 at home -- with Vivi Novas and also a [glass] Kanger Protank 2 for Red Hots flavor.)

Last edited:

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
I first tried vaping in 2009 and wasn't satisfied with the weak analog-mimicking devices (with the light at the tip). After my doctor told me in April to give e-cigs another chance with the newer technology, I was finally able to stop smoking tobacco and now rely solely on the e-cig. (Carry around small vv ego batteries for use outside home; use Smok Zmax v. 2 at home -- with Vivi Novas and also a [glass] Kanger Protank 2 for Red Hots flavor.)
ding ding ding...same here...the cigalikes barely cut it...got a workhorse...and haven't looked back since

Smoke right at 20 years...tried everything to quit, patches (got rashes and headaches) gums (made my jaw hurt), and welbutrin (made me have bad bad thoughts), couldn't afford chantix...got me a rig almost EXACTLY like the eVic easy head setup (Totally Wicked Tornado RCS) and BLAMO...now I rock a Vamo V3 APV and lovin' it!

Burnie

The Bug Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 1, 2009
Sunny Florida
I first tried vaping in 2009 and wasn't satisfied with the weak analog-mimicking devices (with the hokey light at the tip). After my doctor told me in April to give e-cigs another chance with the newer technology, I was finally able to stop smoking tobacco and now rely solely on the e-cig. (Carry around small vv ego batteries for use outside home; use Smok Zmax v. 2 at home -- with Vivi Novas and also a [glass] Kanger Protank 2 for Red Hots flavor.)

Sounds like me. I started in May 2009, and after 9 months and LOTS of money, just got tired of carrying around all the batteries, attys, and carts to make it through the day. I needed to quit and pulled out all my old gear, some worked and some didn't, but it got me by until I got some better equipment. The new tech is soooo much better than we had then and I have stopped the stinkies for good this time. Vape On....

:vapor:

aikanae1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 2, 2013
az
he may not read them...but the aides that do file reports as to how many letters on each subject and for/against reports...and occasionally a letter is sent upsteam. An email to The president is easy and quick and I think telling our stories is a good idea

Do you have a link?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread