IBTank question

Status
Not open for further replies.

shellro07

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2013
Colorado, USA
I was going to buy some IBTanks and just wanted to verify if I go with 3.2ohm cartos (rather than the 2.0ohm), will that help my battery life last longer due to less amp usage overall? And does the 2.0ohm produce more of a warm vape compared to the 3.2ohm? Just trying to remember what I have read and figure out which ones to buy.

Also, how long do your cartos typically last? Can I reuse them for quite awhile? Thanks!

Mattnatti

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2013
Cincinnati, Ohio
Also, how long do your cartos typically last? Can I reuse them for quite awhile? Thanks!

This is the only part I can answer. I have had Boge cartos last a month or longer. The flavor will start to go off usually in a week or two depending on liquid and liquid flavor. Lifespan also varies on the liquid. When I started vaping H1N1 in a carto tank it was killing my carto and I mean dead in a few days. It just gurgled and not much vapor at all.

yzer

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Nov 23, 2011
Northern California
From the battery drain viewpoint you are about as well off using either standard resistance or low resistance cartos with an APV. Voltage boost circuits used to power higher resistance coils eat extra power.

The main advantage of high resistance carto coils over low resistance carto coils is a wider range of vaping power without burning the carto. If the wattage you want falls within the operating range for a LR carto then go for it. I find LR cartos of 1.7 to 2.0 ohms are great for up to 8 watts.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
The difference in power usage is a fairly complex calculation - because there are more factors (power used converting the voltage UP from the native 3.7 to something higher, etc). I've been told it's really negligible.
Difference in the VAPE though is noticeable - you CAN tell the diff between 8 watts at Low Resistance and 8 watts at high resistance - maybe try some of each the first time, and decide your preference...

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
LR (lower ohms) will provide a warmer vape. The coils get hotter and get hotter faster than a standard or high resistance coil. They also will draw more power from the battery to achieve this. LR will not have the voltage range that a standard or high resistance coil will, as shown in the Safe Vaping Power Chart below.

LR cartos were originally designed for single voltage mechanical mods to simulate high voltage vaping like a regulated (VV/VW) mod can give. Standard resistance coils can be used at a higher voltage than low resistance coils, and will draw less power from the battery doing so. These provide a cooler vaping experience.

High resistance coils (2.5 - 3.0 ohm) have an even larger voltage range for regulated mods (VV/VW), and can do so with even less power from the battery. These also provide for a cooler vape.

Lower resistance coils means electricity flows with less resistance from the battery to the coil, thus more energy (more power) is pulled from the battery. Higher resistance coils means electricity flows with more resistance to the coil, thus less energy (less power) is pulled from the battery. This is a commonly misunderstood concept. Batteries don't "work" harder with either resistance; a battery will freely give whatever energy (power) it has. The resistance determines how much of that energy is actually used by the coil.

Think of electricity as the flow of electrons. A low resistance coil is like a wide open door where a large group of people (electrons) can easily go through the door at once. A higher resistance coil is like a narrow door where only a few people (electrons) are allowed through the door at one time.

Higher resistance may use more "voltage", but in reality uses less current (amps) than lower resistance, thus standard/higher ohms use less energy from the battery.

Last edited:

shellro07

ECF Veteran
Nov 3, 2013
Colorado, USA
LR (lower ohms) will provide a warmer vape. The coils get hotter and get hotter faster than a standard or high resistance coil. They also will draw more power from the battery to achieve this. LR will not have the voltage range that a standard or high resistance coil will, as shown in the Safe Vaping Power Chart below.

LR cartos were originally designed for single voltage mechanical mods to simulate high voltage vaping like a regulated (VV/VW) mod can give. Standard resistance coils can be used at a higher voltage than low resistance coils, and will draw less power from the battery doing so. These provide a cooler vaping experience.

High resistance coils (2.5 - 3.0 ohm) have an even larger voltage range for regulated mods (VV/VW), and can do so with even less power from the battery. These also provide for a cooler vape.

Lower resistance coils means electricity flows with less resistance from the battery to the coil, thus more energy (more power) is pulled from the battery. Higher resistance coils means electricity flows with more resistance to the coil, thus less energy (less power) is pulled from the battery. This is a commonly misunderstood concept. Batteries don't "work" harder with either resistance; a battery will freely give whatever energy (power) it has. The resistance determines how much of that energy is actually used by the coil.

Think of electricity as the flow of electrons. A low resistance coil is like a wide open door where a large group of people (electrons) can go through the door at once. A higher resistance coil is like a narrow door where only a few people (electrons) are allowed through the door at one time.

Ah, that makes a lot of sense now. Thank you, Baditude!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread