IBTanked issues?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
Just to be clear I was NOT trying to bash IBTanked. I've dealt with them for years and they always had excellent CS. Now I can't even make contact for over a week. I was wondering if anyone knew anything. To start calling people "Walmart brats" is a bit harsh and childish but to each their own.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
I met OCD, wife and daughter briefly almost 2 yrs ago.

Nice family. Good people. Passionate about their endeavors and vaping in general.

Though with cartos being almost completely phased out, I'm betting their business has had to take a back stage in their lives just to make ends meet.

The fact that they're no longer offering painted glass is evidence of this.

It was their daughter whom I met that did the painting. She even recognized the glass tube that was on the wifes Provari at the time. Said "I remember painting that one".

I'm betting they all have full time jobs at this point and very little time to dedicate to IBTanked.

I'm also betting they're keeping their doors open just as a service to their long term dedicated customers just to ensure they can get replacements and keep their gear running.

Going out of their way for what little service they can still provide is the angle I'd be willing to believe.

Remember... this is an older couple of near retirement age offering one of a kind, home brewed custom products and trying to stay afloat.

Tapatyped

Reactions: Rocketpunk

OC513

ECF Veteran
Jul 21, 2009
NYC
Just as an FYI I spoke to OCD just now. Basically they had service provider issues and had no phone connection. He said they just keep the site up now for the people that will need stuff but business has fallen off. Said his wife is working a full time job now and they are busy. This is no longer a priority. I told him ECF is hoping he contacts them. He was as always a very nice guy and pleasant to speak with. Hope this helps some.

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN
Just as an FYI I spoke to OCD just now. Basically they had service provider issues and had no phone connection. He said they just keep the site up now for the people that will need stuff but business has fallen off. Said his wife is working a full time job now and they are busy. This is no longer a priority. I told him ECF is hoping he contacts them. He was as always a very nice guy and pleasant to speak with. Hope this helps some.
Sooooo...

I pretty much nailed it aside from phone issues.

Good to hear.

They're good people.

Tapatyped

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread