The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

IBTanked issues?

Discussion in 'IBTanked' started by OC513, Apr 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. OC513

OC513 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
    NYC
    Just to be clear I was NOT trying to bash IBTanked. I've dealt with them for years and they always had excellent CS. Now I can't even make contact for over a week. I was wondering if anyone knew anything. To start calling people "Walmart brats" is a bit harsh and childish but to each their own.

• Like Like x 2
  2. beckdg

beckdg ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    I met OCD, wife and daughter briefly almost 2 yrs ago.

Nice family. Good people. Passionate about their endeavors and vaping in general.

Though with cartos being almost completely phased out, I'm betting their business has had to take a back stage in their lives just to make ends meet.

The fact that they're no longer offering painted glass is evidence of this.

It was their daughter whom I met that did the painting. She even recognized the glass tube that was on the wifes Provari at the time. Said "I remember painting that one".

I'm betting they all have full time jobs at this point and very little time to dedicate to IBTanked.

I'm also betting they're keeping their doors open just as a service to their long term dedicated customers just to ensure they can get replacements and keep their gear running.

Going out of their way for what little service they can still provide is the angle I'd be willing to believe.

Remember... this is an older couple of near retirement age offering one of a kind, home brewed custom products and trying to stay afloat.

Tapatyped

• Like Like x 1
  3. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

For me, everything would be fine if they would just communicate a little about the situation. But now to order something, with no means of contacting them is just something I'm not going to do.

• Like Like x 1
  4. beckdg

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Understandable.

A decision must be made.

Tapatyped

5. OC513

OC513 Senior Member ECF Veteran

Jul 21, 2009
    NYC
    Just as an FYI I spoke to OCD just now. Basically they had service provider issues and had no phone connection. He said they just keep the site up now for the people that will need stuff but business has fallen off. Said his wife is working a full time job now and they are busy. This is no longer a priority. I told him ECF is hoping he contacts them. He was as always a very nice guy and pleasant to speak with. Hope this helps some.

• Like Like x 2
  6. beckdg

Oct 1, 2013
    TN
    Sooooo...

I pretty much nailed it aside from phone issues.

Good to hear.

They're good people.

Tapatyped

7. oplholik

oplholik ECF Guru Verified Member ECF Veteran

Thank you OC, good to hear something.
    Can't say I'm happy with the way this was handled, but it is what it is.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.