iClear 30 with a Standard Drip Tip Mod

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2012
Amherst, Ohio
I really like the iClear 30, but I personally don't like the knucklehead drip tip that comes on it. I wanted a standard drip tip instead.

I found the CE4 drip tips have the exact same threads and diameter, but the length of the bottom tube of the tip is longer on the CE4 tip.

Take a look at this picture. You can see the iClear 30 tip and below it is a CE4 tip that I have already cut down. Below that are three more CE4 tips that have not been cut yet including a standard drip tip adapter made for the CE4.
IMG-20130412-00568.jpg

If you remove the silicone o-ring and measure from where the threads stop to the end of the iClear drip tip tube, it is right at 7mm.

I used a rotary tool with a cut off wheel to make the first cut. Leave yourself a little extra so you can true up the surface and be left with the required 7mm length when done.

After cutting the excess off, use sandpaper to bring it down to size and to make the surface smooth. I used 150 grit at first, then 400 grit. Do your best to keep the tip perpendicular to the work surface and move in a circular pattern.
IMG-20130412-00579.jpg

I had to use a small knife to scrape the excess plastic out of the inside of the tube next to the cut I made. Don't forget to wash the tip with warm water and soap to get the grit and grime out of there before vaping.

Here are all of the tips ready for use.
IMG-20130412-00583.jpg

The length of the bottom tube is important because it seals the juice inside, but it also will allow the air tube to flood if the measurement is off.

Here is an acrylic tip ready to go.
IMG-20130412-00578.jpg

And here is an aluminum drip tip in the CE4 adapter.
IMG-20130412-00585.jpg

I'm really happy with this new set up. I bought these tips from Eric at DiscountVapers. They cost between $2 and $5 each so if you mess one up you won't be out too much money.

Last edited:

Jim66

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 19, 2012
Amherst, Ohio
Probably easier to cut the plastic CE4 tip than the metal adapter though..

It is a bit harder because it is metal, but it is soft metal so it isn't too bad. It's just chrome plated brass. At first I was going to clamp the end that I was cutting off in a vise and use a hacksaw. The tube crushed way too easily so I couldn't tighten the vise too much. And the downward pressure of the hacksaw blade just caused it to fall right out of the vise jaws, so I scrapped that idea.

I ended up using a rotary cutoff tool while holding it with a pair of pliers. This worked very well. Sandpaper and a little time gave the cut a nice finish.

Rocketpunk

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 14, 2012
Dayton, Ohio
I was reluctant at first, but I'm actually really impressed with the iClear 30. I'm running 60/40 pg/vg on a Twist at 4.5 volts and the taste is spot on and delicious. The vape has been wonderful thus far. I've only been using it for a little over a day, but so far so good. Never thought I'd say that about a clearomizer (I'm not impressed at all with the MT3's anymore. Waaay too much leaking. Also, some work on my Twist, and some need a 510 to Ego adapater, which is annoying. They're back in the "only use in case of a major emergency" category.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread