iClear 30's

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lemmywinkz

Jul 30, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I made a thread the other day for people's opinions on the iTaste SVD.
So after the much sought after positive feedback, I ordered the full kit which includes the extra long tube and the iClears.
What I'm planning on doing is to use the iClears until the new Protank comes out in a month or so.
Anyway what's everyone's stand on these clearos?
Oh and I might make an unboxing video when it gets here, haven't decided yet.
:D

VikingQueen

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 14, 2013
Minnesota
I have 3 iClear 30s. They all work fine, but sometimes I get a little too excited with my vaping and will suck in some juice (generally after a new fill/top off of liquid). It gets pretty warm at the top, too. I haven't replaced the heads yet, so I don't know the difficulty of changing them.

I do like them. They are rather heavy and the drip tip takes awhile to get used to (as well as the metallic taste). I don't use them on eGo batteries as they seem way too heavy for that. I use them on the Vamo where they fit nice.

The ProTank IIs are out now. Shop away!

Lemmywinkz

Jul 30, 2013
Buffalo, NY
I have 3 iClear 30s. They all work fine, but sometimes I get a little too excited with my vaping and will suck in some juice (generally after a new fill/top off of liquid). It gets pretty warm at the top, too. I haven't replaced the heads yet, so I don't know the difficulty of changing them.

I do like them. They are rather heavy and the drip tip takes awhile to get used to (as well as the metallic taste). I don't use them on eGo batteries as they seem way too heavy for that. I use them on the Vamo where they fit nice.

The ProTank IIs are out now. Shop away!

I was told otherwise, where can I buy one online for a reasonable price?
I'm so excited for this new setup, iv been rocking an Ego C with a Kanger T2 for almost six months now.
In much need of this upgrade!

Bill's Magic Vapor

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 8, 2013
USA
The iClear 30's are one of the highest rated top coil clearos. The other contenders are the Vivi Nova primarily. The alternatives, and, perhaps, slightly more popular, are the bottom coils (BCC's), including the Protank you mentioned. The Davide is the BCC thet forced the Protank redesign. And, yes, as another poster mentioned, the Pro 2's are out now. I love the new designs, and prefer the BCC's, as well, YMMV, and simply a personal preference, because the top coils give dry hits, or require attention to wick saturation (constantly). Haven't tried the new Pro 2 yet, but I did just get the Davide and it is excellent. The coils are interchangeable, so I don't expect many differences in the draw and vape. I can say that the Davide is the closest thing to a carto tank (in a clearo) that I have tried. Not quite as airy as the Protank, but close, easily solved with an air flow controller (AFC), which I recommend with the Pro 1. I'm vaping the Davide right now, and though not quite as saturated and rich as a carto, it's pretty darn good, and lotsa vapor. Highly recommended. I could vape this all day, if not for my Phiniac's and IBTanked's. You're on the right track here. Good luck!

luojiarong

Unregistered Supplier
  • Deleted by Misty
  • Reason: unregistered supplier
I have 2 iclear 30s. Both of them will gurgle for me after a while and that fact that I can't rebuild them makes me use other things. I do like the vape I get from them though.

As far as clearos go I like my vivi nova better, but it's modified to suit me. I don't know which version I have but there are no air holes on the 510, only on the sides of the bottom cap. Stock the air flow was very very tight. I drilled put the two air holes to 3/64ths, cut the top off the positive pin (where it gets really skinny) and ground the slots for the wicks larger and deeper to take 3mm silica. I have 2 3mm wicks coiled and one 3mm over wick for a total of 9mm of wick. The 2 wrapped pieces are unwound coming out of the coil slots and the over wick is barely sticking out, just used to make a good seal at the top because I went overboard with the deepening of the slots. It vapes very very good and will drain the tank without having to tilt it to keep the wicks wet. The only draw back is when changing flavors there is a good amount of juice in all the wicks but it's a small price to pay for a vape that is almost as good as a genny. It can be filled to the very top too without a flood or gurgle.

If all this seems a bit silly to do to a vivi....I'd have to agree but I like to tinker. If tinkering is out of the question I'd go for the protank esp since it's just as easy to rebuild the damn thing....there I go tinkering again. YMMV

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Yep..my 2 iclear 30's also leak ,but from the bottom and if you filled them up they drain out to halfway. They suck !

My iclear16's work perfectly.

Plus the 30's taste horrible even tho I cleaned them out before .Has to be really low grade SS or something.

My plastic containers turned all frosty white after first washing and i used the same juice that i did with the 16's.

iClear 30's are crap !

iClear 30 is okay. Not my favorite tank by far. Used it today and noticed liquid build up at tip and leaking from bottom if I chain vape. I use it every now and then.

Gerick

ECF Veteran
Jul 7, 2013
NYC
Yeah I used them (protank) also ,but they use some kind of glue to adhere the tank to the SS.

Currently only using my Anyvape Davides and Tatroe tank.

I do love the iclear 16 tho, that's why I bought the 30's (big mistake) ..evod pretty good also.

I avoid plastic tanks because most of my liquids are acidic or with menthol. Protank is my choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread