Iclear MPV trouble

Status
Not open for further replies.
Greetings,

new member, but have been reading for quite a while.

201 days vaping today! Has been a journey.

a couple days ago I decided I wanted an even better experience so I bought an MVP and an iclear 30s.

heaven, for a while. I ran it at 3.7v at 11w w/2.1 ohm.

within 8 hours the ohms started to rise until it hit 3.8 and then it pretty much stopped working.

the store has been great. He put in a new coil and all was good again, until about 6 hours later and the the ohms started their climb again. 3.3 so far. Went back to the store and it read the same on their mod. It even jumped another .1 while in the store.

not sure what I am doing wrong. When it works it is great.

sorry if this is not the right place to ask this and for my first post being a question.

any help is appreciated

ba

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
It sounds like the coils are going bad prematurely.

What voltage/wattage range are you vaping at?

What flavor are you vaping?

Highest voltage/wattage settings may fry the coils if you're a very heavy vaper.

Flavors which are high in Vg (vegetable glycerin) or with a lot of sweetener may gunk up either the coils or the wicks prematurely. Same holds true with the darker flavors.

With the iClear 30S, the wicks are fighting gravity. As the juice level falls in the tank, you will need to tilt the tank horizontally at times to keep the upper wicks wet. Otherwise you can get dry or burnt hits.

Could also be a bad batch of replacement coils/coils. It happens.

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Not sure how clear this is. Holding both the P & U buttons simultaneously will show the ohm resistance of the coil initially and then show the battery voltage.

You will be either in wattage or voltage mode at any given time, not both. The last mode that you make an change to the MVP will remain in that mode until further changes are made.

Forgive me if you already knew this.

epicdoom

ECF Veteran
Apr 12, 2014
Maryland USA
I'm also inclined to think you just have a batch of bad coils. The juice your using at that pg/vg should be great in the 30S I use the 30S a lot and own 4 of them because of the great flavor they produce. I vape mine on a 1.8 Ohm coil at 4 volts and 12Watts on the VTR and the coil has lasted a month so far, only rising to 1.9 ohm in that time. A coils resistance will rise over time this is why I like the regulated mods like the VTR and SVD, I can keep an eye on it at will. The reason for resistance climbing in coils we use is due to coils getting gunked up Over time. Heat cant dissipate as well from the dirty coil it can when its clean, higher resistance through the wire will be the end result. Again this is over time, In your case its happening in an unreasonable amount of time.

Not sure how clear this is. Holding both the P & U buttons simultaneously will show the ohm resistance of the coil initially and then show the battery voltage.

You will be either in wattage or voltage mode at any given time, not both. The last mode that you make an change to the MVP will remain in that mode until further changes are made.

Forgive me if you already knew this.

I reread this and realized I was thinking wrong. I though that when both buttons where pushed that the first number was resistance (it is) and the second number is the voltage being used at the set wattage (wrong). It is just the voltage of the battery (like you said). Ohm's law says the voltage will be calculated given resistance and power. At 2.1 ohms and 11watts, i have been using 4.8 volts.

Is that too high?

I want to use my iclear again, it was great (when it worked).

thx

ba

DingerCPA

Vaping Mistress
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2014
Corn 'n' Cows
I've never been able to get much above 8.0-8.5W, especially with the iClear 30. You are driving it pretty hard, it sounds like. I try to start low and move up gradually, until I notice it starting to burn. I then back off - I've toasted a few wicks already, and I'm not a rebuilder (yet?) Come down a bit - or nudge up the resistance of the coil, if you want to crank at the higher power.

Good luck....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread