Idea for Cleaning Atomizers: NON TOXIC Air Duster

Status
Not open for further replies.

outofstep

Mar 15, 2009
I think I just took the air blowing technique to a whole nother level. If you are going to try this method make sure the compressed air can/duster is NON TOXIC.

I don't know what the effects of using other dusters, and neither should you. I assume non-toxic air will not have any health consequences in an atomizer since the gases contained are inert, but I'm not certain. USE AT OUR OWN RISK.

This is what I did:

1st I got a non-toxic compressed air can. I was lucky enough to find one at a local environmentally friendly store. I'm not sure of other stores but you can find them online as well.

2nd. I had an office depot mechanical pencil on hand and the straw on the duster was not a snug fit. I unscrewed the bottom portion of the pencil and tried placing the wide side of the pencil part to the battery end of the atomizer,

The size of the part was a little too big so I used a utility knife to shave it down until it fit snuggly into the indentation

3rd I took a piece of a paper towel, twisted the corner and fitted it into the other side of the atomizer.

I connected all of this to duster spout, covered the air hole on the side and VOILA my atomizer is working like new again. I blew on the atomizer a few times to make sure no gases we trapped before using.

If someone could chime if in any potential health effects exist from this method, I greatly appreciate it.

Last edited:

franklyspeaking

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 17, 2009
Arlington, Texas
www.pharceapp.com
I have been cleaning atomizers out nightly using canned air for a while now and have noticed a huge difference in Atomizer performance and reliability.
I am a little concerned as to what I am blowing on the atomizer though which is why I am considering just making a mod to an empty can with a bicycle tube valve. I'd post a link but this is my first post...

This way I would just use my air compressor to refill it and know that only air is passing over the atomizer.

BTW - Rickgren - Nice URAL! There is a dealer on my way to work so I drool over them daily.

Cellmeister

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 3, 2009
Beantown, USA
Just Be Careful

1357d1238373691-alkaseltzer-clean-vape-atom_dont_clean_me.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread