The costs of running this huge site are paid for by ads. Please consider registering and becoming a Supporting Member for an ad-free experience. Thanks, ECF team.

Idea for Cleaning Atomizers: NON TOXIC Air Duster

Discussion in 'Experiments With Equipment' started by outofstep, Mar 17, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Image has been removed.
URL has been removed.
Email address has been removed.
Media has been removed.
  1. outofstep

outofstep Full Member

Mar 15, 2009
    I think I just took the air blowing technique to a whole nother level. If you are going to try this method make sure the compressed air can/duster is NON TOXIC.

I don't know what the effects of using other dusters, and neither should you. I assume non-toxic air will not have any health consequences in an atomizer since the gases contained are inert, but I'm not certain. USE AT OUR OWN RISK.

This is what I did:

1st I got a non-toxic compressed air can. I was lucky enough to find one at a local environmentally friendly store. I'm not sure of other stores but you can find them online as well.

2nd. I had an office depot mechanical pencil on hand and the straw on the duster was not a snug fit. I unscrewed the bottom portion of the pencil and tried placing the wide side of the pencil part to the battery end of the atomizer,

The size of the part was a little too big so I used a utility knife to shave it down until it fit snuggly into the indentation

3rd I took a piece of a paper towel, twisted the corner and fitted it into the other side of the atomizer.

I connected all of this to duster spout, covered the air hole on the side and VOILA my atomizer is working like new again. I blew on the atomizer a few times to make sure no gases we trapped before using.

If someone could chime if in any potential health effects exist from this method, I greatly appreciate it.

2. Rickgren

Rickgren Full Member ECF Veteran

Mar 10, 2009
    Riverside California
    Not to sound dumb, got any pics of this?

3. outofstep

outofstep Full Member

Mar 15, 2009
    I'll be busy today, but I should have some time later tonight to show some pics.

4. franklyspeaking

franklyspeaking Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Mar 17, 2009
    Arlington, Texas
    I have been cleaning atomizers out nightly using canned air for a while now and have noticed a huge difference in Atomizer performance and reliability.
    I am a little concerned as to what I am blowing on the atomizer though which is why I am considering just making a mod to an empty can with a bicycle tube valve. I'd post a link but this is my first post...

This way I would just use my air compressor to refill it and know that only air is passing over the atomizer.

BTW - Rickgren - Nice URAL! There is a dealer on my way to work so I drool over them daily.

5. b00stzx3

b00stzx3 Senior Member Verified Member ECF Veteran

Feb 10, 2009
    Frederick, MD
    I gotta huge air compressor in my garage. Was thinking about using this but am not sure if it would be safe for my atomizers.

6. Alain_JANTY

Alain_JANTY Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2008
    France
  7. Alain_JANTY

Alain_JANTY Moved On ECF Veteran

Dec 20, 2008
    France
    are there some updates for this method ?

8. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
  9. Caesarea

Caesarea Vaping Master ECF Veteran

Mar 12, 2009
    UK
    What happened to that one, Cellmeister?

:confused:

10. Cellmeister

Cellmeister Ultra Member ECF Veteran

Jan 3, 2009
    Beantown, USA
    Died For No Reason (rather the usual 2 weeks of use SSD Sudden death Syndrome), I am Just Repairing It...... :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.