• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Ideas for Carrying Around eCig "Stuff"

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
One of the biggest problems I am facing into the vaping world is hauling all my stuff around with me. I probably bring way more than I need, but coming from the smoking world I always want to make sure I have enough supply with me when I go to work, go out with friends and soon I will be traveling and that's going to be stressful time as well.

So anyone have any tips on hauling all this stuff around, I have all my clearo's in my ego case and they are filled but I also bring a few juices with me in case I run out. I am noticing sometimes my bottles leak when I carry them in a plastic bag or in my laptop bag. I refuse to wear a fanny pack, because the problem with fanny packs is that it makes you look like you're wearing a fanny pack :p

Anyway, some helpful suggestions on carrying around all your "stuff" may give me some ideas.

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Just get a tote that is on wheels, more than enough room, and room to spare for more stuff. Then you wont need a storage space at home, you just keep it in the tote and its portable. Sounds better than it probably would be.

I'm going to get one of these------>ElectronicStix.Com · Heavy Duty Accessory Case

They are a dollar cheaper elsewhere online but if you have other stuff to order why not?

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
Those are just Vaultz boxes. You can find them at most electronics stores, Walmart and I even see them at Fry's grocery store. They're great for gear. Vaultz - Pencil Boxes

THIS is my favorite case Case Logic Portable Satellite Radio Case a Caselogic GPS zippered semi-hard clam case. All the holding compartments work to separate mods, juice, tanks, etc. and are all velcroed in so you can remove what you don't need and move/adjust the little tie downs and pocket compartments in it how ever you want. I don't know what I'd have done without this thing. It rocks!
kvwLLsZAdP.jpg

Also great (and cheap) are zippered molded clam pencil case/boxes. You can mod/make your own compartments in them. I got some at Walmart around the time that school starts. Carries around a tons of stuff in them and I think it was $2 on sale then, around $5-7 on line? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innovative-Storage-Designs-Large-Soft-Sided-Pencil-Case-Black/16671262 I keep my multimeter in it now.

As far as leaking bottles (PIA!) maybe consider a small glass vile dropper bottle like this
1%20Dram%20Clear%20&%20Amber%20Dropper.jpg

Yeah, glass and they can break, but I drop mine all the time on my porcelain tile floors and in 4 years, have broken 2. I get mine at an herbalist shop, but you can buy them on line at several places. They travel well and I never have leaks.

Last edited:

shannannagans

ECF Veteran
Jun 6, 2013
Alabama USA
This may not help you, but for any girls out there in case they read this thread looking for ideas, I get cheap make-up bag sets. The set that has the three sizes. I use the small for batteries and empty tanks, maybe tanks/vanity rings. The medium for tanks with liquid, maybe drip tips, or any other spare, non-mechanical part, and the larger one for my ejuice. It keeps it inconspicuous when you're going out. In my battery bag, I also keep Q-tips and a small travel size tissue pack or wet wipes from local restaurants (they always give too many) or that I buy (the individual packets) in case of accidents.

I have no suggestions for guys, my boyfriend is having that same issue. I got him a small ego case today, so we'll see how that works, but that would be my only suggestion. I just wanted to throw out my idea for any ladies that may be reading.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Those are just Vaultz boxes. You can find them at most electronics stores, Walmart and I even see them at Fry's grocery store. They're great for gear. Vaultz - Pencil Boxes

THIS is my favorite case Case Logic Portable Satellite Radio Case a Caselogic GPS zippered semi-hard clam case. All the holding compartments work to separate mods, juice, tanks, etc. and are all velcroed in so you can remove what you don't need and move/adjust the little tie downs and pocket compartments in it how ever you want. I don't know what I'd have done without this thing. It rocks!
kvwLLsZAdP.jpg

Also great (and cheap) are zippered molded clam pencil case/boxes. You can mod/make your own compartments in them. I got some at Walmart around the time that school starts. Carries around a tons of stuff in them and I think it was $2 on sale then, around $5-7 on line? http://www.walmart.com/ip/Innovative-Storage-Designs-Large-Soft-Sided-Pencil-Case-Black/16671262 I keep my multimeter in it now.

As far as leaking bottles (PIA!) maybe consider a small glass vile dropper bottle like this
1%20Dram%20Clear%20&%20Amber%20Dropper.jpg

Yeah, glass and they can break, but I drop mine all the time on my porcelain tile floors and in 4 years, have broken 2. I get mine at an herbalist shop, but you can buy them on line at several places. They travel well and I never have leaks.

I love that CaseLogic bag. It is soft top, which I would prefer, I'm worried I would bring too much attention carrying around a hard top case. Plus the soft top, can fit inside suitcases, messenger bag, ect.

SpinDr480

ECF Veteran
Jun 9, 2013
Phoenix, AZ
Today will be the first day I am traveling with vape gear on a plane though so my thoughts on it might change.

Let me know how it goes Keith, I am going to start traveling a lot for work after the 4th and want to be prepared. Not only going through the airport, but also knowing how much gear I should bring.

Cheers

Hellen A. Handbasket

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2009
San Tan Valley, Arizona
I will bring it with me to the meet. It's a softer molded case, but still keeps from crushing stuff inside. I've taken it on trips, thrown it on the floorboard of my car... abused the crap out of it and it's great! Best thing is all the velcro goodies that come with it inside to tie down and separate stuff. Plus, it's pretty inexpensive for what it is. I've had mine at least 2 years.

Taltos

ECF Veteran
Jun 1, 2013
Hattiesburg, MS
So far my larger eGo case has worked pretty well for me. I carry 5 10ml bottles of different flavors, 3 clearomizers, a 650 mah battery, and a 1000 mah twist battery. There are actually a couple of eRoll cartomizers and other tiny stuff hiding in there. It looks like something I'm going to pull out a pair of Elton John sunglasses from but it works decently. When we went to Magic Mountain, I just threw the chargers into the luggage. That's about as big as I want to drag around.

Taltos

IMFire3605

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Blue Rapids, KS, US
I put all my ego bases, 510 bases, and couple filled tanks, along with a drip tip in a large ego case. Carrry spare juice in bottles in a "fanny" pack along with a spare 18650 for the SVD, my ego charger for the twists, a thumb drive style 510 charger for the 510s, my iClears, 510 -> Ego adapter, and an other accessories like Ego beauty/air flow collar in the pack, along with the ego case inside it. This is my just carry around out and about, when go to work, the pack goes into my back pack next to my slip resist shoes for work. Don't generally carry my protank to work, but when off and about, I'm carrying my SVD, sometimes in my pocket, a Twist with tank on a lanyard, and a 510 with T4 tank in my shirt pocket. The SVD I generally have a tank with RY4, twist or Ego-V I have Tribecca (AKA Trifecta at Hi-Tec or Eureka at .... Out) or Melon Cholly, the 510s always have my 24mg Strawberry going *shrugs*, this how I've adapted is all.

S1LV3R

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 2, 2009
Knoxville, TN
Cheap little alternative, something ive been using for a few months now is a little tote made by Vaultz. i picked it up at walmart for 9 bux in the medical section. I guess people use them for their diabetes stuff. It holds extra batteries with elastic holders, bottles of juice, kewl little zipper case for extra heads and a spare tank plus a little netted area for other assorted nicknacks.

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vaultz-Protective-Medicine-Case-1-Pk/13864190 I was gonna post a thread about it but did a search and found this one here.

My :2c:

Hope this helps some

Silver

For my day-to-day stuff, I put everything I need into a hard spring-loaded eyeglass case. I carry 3-4 tanks in there (ProTank or MT3) a couple extra batteries (18350 or 18650, depending on how long I'm gonna be away from home), and a 30 ml bottle of juice. I usually fill my tanks with a couple different flavors for variety's sake, and carry a bottle of RY4 for my fallback. I like it better than the little zipper cases, because it's easier to open, and it's hard so it can take a mild amount of weight on it and protect what's inside. CarryAll.jpg

TBinAZ

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 6, 2012
Mesa
For a light duty case that can hold a day's amount of stuff, I second the eyeglasses hard cases. Good enough for a couple of twists or a shorter mod with a couple of CE tanks. Only drawback is no anchor straps, but I don't throw my stuff around much.

I did happen to find a decent zippered small tool case that has worked great for a couple of VMods and a full length Zeus. Also has some elastic bands small enough to hold batteries and a 10ml bottle of liquid tight. I found it in one of my "might be useful someday" bins and was like HMMM... I obviously thought it was useless before I started vaping. Don't even remember what originally was in it. Amazing what you can find if you look around the house hard enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread