identify this tank?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Looks like a vaptio P-1 TF tank, but burnt up / used for something it shouldn't have been / caught in a kitchen sink garbage disposal.

It certainly isn't worth trying to resurrect, they're about $10 new.
thanks i just want to try to throw away the coil and get a new one and wash the tank ok idea ?

Reactions: stols001

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
I wouldn't use it, but if you must... be sure to thoroughly clean all parts of it.
The 510 threading is going to need some special attention, every thread needs to be clean & shiny.
The tank looks hazed / etched, if it the original plastic I'd change that too.

I don't know if the replaceable heads and or glass tanks are still available, if they are I imagine the cost of a 5 pack & glass will be more than a new tank / not worth the hassle of cleaning & fiddling with that tank.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
I wouldn't use it, but if you must... be sure to thoroughly clean all parts of it.
The 510 threading is going to need some special attention, every thread needs to be clean & shiny.
The tank looks hazed / etched, if it the original plastic I'd change that too.

I don't know if the replaceable heads and or glass tanks are still available, if they are I imagine the cost of a 5 pack & glass will be more than a new tank / not worth the hassle of cleaning & fiddling with that tank.
thanks for all the help and if i am still going to do it i am a bit coocky i know

it would be good if i ?
changed to glass
changed the coil
and washed it with alcohol and let it sitt there for 12 hours
and watch the 510

correct

• Optimistic

Topwater Elvis

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 26, 2012
Texas
If you must, I'd remove tank & throw away, disassemble all parts scrub in dishwashing liquid, rinse well, rubbing alcohol can damage some seals & o rings, no way to tell until too late.
PGA is the only alcohol I would use, then a good rinse.
The 510 is really grungy, it will have to be thoroughly cleaned & de funked, bright & shiny, threads may be compromised making the whole mess unusable.

It isn't about being cocky, if you believe attempting to resurrect a not very good to begin with, old crusty delivery device is worth your time, energy & money go for it.

bombastinator

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 12, 2010
MN USA
^ This. :thumb:

That tank looks seriously sick, and I don't mean that in a hip way.
I concur. That thing looks diseased. Or perhaps the victim of a witch burning. Seriously, you’re going to spend more in materials cleaning it than it would cost to get a new one.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
If you must, I'd remove tank & throw away, disassemble all parts scrub in dishwashing liquid, rinse well, rubbing alcohol can damage some seals & o rings, no way to tell until too late.
PGA is the only alcohol I would use, then a good rinse.
The 510 is really grungy, it will have to be thoroughly cleaned & de funked, bright & shiny, threads may be compromised making the whole mess unusable.

It isn't about being cocky, if you believe attempting to resurrect a not very good to begin with, old crusty delivery device is worth your time, energy & money go for it.
thanks for the help

score69

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2015
Athens, GA, USA
Wow, just wow. Lol

Seriously my friend, please be careful if you proceed with this. Remember that you are vaporizing liquid that comes in contact with that and inhaling it. Not sure I would risk that myself, even with a thorough cleaning.

No telling what you could be inhaling. I would trust a dozen direct from China unwashed tanks in a row before I would trust something like that. Really???

I won't even use a 'new' drip tip these days unless it's been cleaned very well. I used to not be such as germaphobe, but anything I buy new gets a good scrubbing and cleaning before it gets used. That looks like it's been rolled in dog poop and allowed to ferment a while. :D

Be careful.

RigBick

ECF Veteran
Mar 29, 2018
Clearwater, Fl
hey a short question can someone identify this tank for me I found it today
its called vaptio but what model i dont know

20180619 213647
20180619 213603
Marcel I do not want to sound rude but are you of legal smoking age? Just seems your questions are not just from an inexperience prospective. Seems as though you are trying to be on the " down low". Sorry just an honest question and I do not see your age listed on your profile page. I am sure one could misrepresent themselves if they had the desire to do so to obtain access to this forum. I truly hope I am incorrect and if I am please accept my apologies in advance.

Marcel K

ECF Veteran
Jun 11, 2018
Marcel I do not want to sound rude but are you of legal smoking age? Just seems your questions are not just from an inexperience prospective. Seems as though you are trying to be on the " down low". Sorry just an honest question and I do not see your age listed on your profile page. I am sure one could misrepresent themselves if they had the desire to do so to obtain access to this forum. I truly hope I am incorrect and if I am please accept my apologies in advance.

dont have to apologise for anything im 19 i am of legal age to vape in norway i tought it said it on my profile someone else said they saw it , just having a rough time , if you want to know more i said more about it in my other threads i think its the battery one

stay safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread