Idiots who make ALL vapers look bad......

Status
Not open for further replies.

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio
Hey guys, it's been a long time since I have been here. I fell off the wagon some years ago and got back into analogs. I said I would go back to vaping once the equipment got better and more reliable. Man, has it ever!

I wanted to share something that happened a couple hours ago that I feel hurts us all and is the perfect ammo for the nay-sayers to have a very bad impression with vaping in general. I am pretty well educated on the risks and feel it is mostly harmless, but the fact remains that no reliable long term research has been performed and for others sakes, I respect that and treat vaping accordingly.

Onto the story.......first I will state that I have no problems with mods, RDA's or even cloud chasing. To each their own, but I find it distasteful to do so publicly to draw attention to yourself, which seems to be a trend.

I just visited my local vape shop to pick up some more liquid and to see if they would happen to have a cheap tube mod I could buy to use until my sigelei which is apparently lost in the mail shows up. So I go in there, and usual there are a couple people sitting at the bar....box mods, rdas, the place looks like a cheech and chong set as usual. No big deal. I look over, and there is a 3-6 month old baby sitting in the middle of this in a car seat. I look over, and there is a 3-6 month old baby sitting in the middle of this in a car seat. I was disgusted, rolled my eyes but said nothing. Within a minute or so while I am waiting, one of the guys turns his head towards the baby and just rolls coal right towards the baby and her opening in the winter cover over her car seat. The baby made a noise in response to the vapor cloud that just blasted her in the face, and the kid just laughed and smiled saying something like "oh it will be OK".

So I said....you realize it is .... like that that is going to ruin vaping for everyone, right?

Him: What???????
Me: Dude, you blew it right in her face.....she shouldn't even be in here!!!!!
Him: No I didn't. Hey man I had to come in and get my juice.
Me: I understand that, you don't have to sit at the bar, chase clouds and blow the .... right in her face!!!

He just sat there smiling, I told the shopkeeper I would just come back later as I was infuriated and wanted to wipe the smile off the kids face for him.

Does anyone feel I am out of line on my thoughts? I personally feel like I don't even want to support the shop anymore as they apparently didn't have the balls to tell a customer to use some common sense....at least while in the store.

I HATE that the popularity of these things is causing a big black eye from the irresponsible actions of the coal rolling douches.

LMS62

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Oct 5, 2014
Mesa, AZ
I agreed with you 100%.....until your last line. Keep in mind, there are many irresponsible vapers who give the community a black eye, especially when people vape in resturants, private businesses that don't allow vaping, movie theaters, and the list goes on and on. In short, it is not just the cloud chasers, it's all across the board.

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Yep I agreed up until the last line blowing clouds has nothing to do with being a bad parent. That's like saying people who hit kids make people with hands look bad. It has nothing to do with vaping at all but everything to do with being a bad parent.

ETA: The baby should not have been in there in the first place. Before I was getting my juice online I was in a B&M getting some liquid and a mother brought her son in who just got out of the hospital for a respiratory illness according to their conversation while the guys behind the counter were chuckin clouds. I didn't get upset with the vapers but I did think that the parent was quite the "specimen".

Last edited:

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
You're obviously talking about the "Entitled Generation " who think it's OK to do whatever they want wherever they want. And yes I agree it is that kind of stuff that gives all vapors a bad image in the public eye.

In my opinion it doesn't even matter if vapor is totally harmless, it's just wrong to force others to breath in our vape. Of course the indignant responses will follow soon.

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
  • Deleted by Robino1
  • Reason: Just NO! This is not acceptable talk. Thank you

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio
I agreed with you 100%.....until your last line. Keep in mind, there are many irresponsible vapers who give the community a black eye, especially when people vape in resturants, private businesses that don't allow vaping, movie theaters, and the list goes on and on. In short, it is not just the cloud chasers, it's all across the board.

I didn't word it well, I have no problems with those who cloud chase....I myself have a 150w mod on the way, an aspire atlantis, and an RDA here waiting for them. It's those who do so publicly and obnoxiously trying to draw attention to themselves with no regard for others which I was referring to.

So, am I right by thinking I don't even want to shop at this shop anymore for not having the stones to say something?

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio
You lost me at ".........."

Sorry - I typically find people who use that word seem to like to lay down heavy handed judgments all over the place. Not a "d'bag caller outer judgment support group."

The irony of your judgement passing in this statement was not missed. I don't care, the shoe definitely fit. No different than the diesel modders who intentionally roll coal into others windows.

SlideJob Jones

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2009
Findlay, Ohio

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
The biggest problem with people that do these things, are usually the same people that never smoked before vaping, and or don't use vaping as a cessation to smoking. People just jump on board because it's the cool thing to do. There's like this weird underground sub-culture of people that vape just to fit in. Most of them cloud chasers. It's pathetic.

freeall

ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2011
Canada
So what about us that did smoke for 25+ years and a mild subohm build with decent clouds is what keeps us off the smokes?

Im not saying everyone who blows clouds or vapes, is some chump that picked up the hobby just for something to do. Most of these cloud chaser types, or atleast the ones that do it at the local vape shops or in the general public flaunting their stuff, are the younger types, usually tatted up, obese, greasy, 25-35 year old males.

Has TLC started a 'vaping junkies' show, yet?

ReigntheGamer

Account closed on request
ECF Veteran
Oct 14, 2014
Im not saying everyone who blows clouds or vapes, is some chump that picked up the hobby just for something to do. Most of these cloud chaser types, or atleast the ones that do it at the local vape shops or in the general public flaunting their stuff, are the younger types, usually tatted up, obese, greasy, 25-35 year old males.

Has TLC started a 'vaping junkies' show, yet?

Well I'm 37, tatted up, not obese but gaining weight since I'm not smoking, shower regularly, and usually vape in my car or at home. So we will just say half of me is offended by that. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread