If i make high vgjuice(80 20) and the flavor is a bit weak can i add 5ml pg to increase flavor?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jseah

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2015
Hudson Valley, NY, USA
PG by itself is flavorless, so it will dilute the flavoring that you already have in there, so it would offset any increase you could possibly have by increasing the PG. What I would do would be to add more flavor in the same ratios that you have in the recipe. For example if flavor 1 is 10 drops and flavor 2 is 20 drops and flavor 3 is 5 drops, and you want to boost the flavor by 50 percent, then you would add 5 drops of flavor 1, 10 drops of flavor 2 and 2.5 drops of flavor 3.

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
I'm not total noob, just curious If I add 5m or 10 ml extra pg to a 50ml batch of 80Vg(already complete juice recipe )will it just dilute the flavor or will the pg enhance th flavor without adding more concentrate?

I agree with jseah, but I wouldn't add 50% flavoring all at once :). I don't know what you're vaping or what the juice recipe is so I would suggest adding around 20% more at a time until you get what you want. So if you're using 10 drops now add 2 more. If you're using 5% now change it to 6%. If you add too much flavoring the flavor profile can (more likely will eventually) actually change quite dramatically.

Good luck with it.

cbr600VG

Mar 7, 2016
Thanks all, the recipe is s.ripe 13 prcnt
5prcnt milk stone, .5 salted caramel, 2prcnt vanilla bean icecream.
20.5 percent flavor pg , 79.5 vg. I know pg is a flavor carrier so I was curious if I topped this off with 10ml ish of pg would the flavor stay the same, increase or dilute. Assuming pg carries flavor I was thinking maybe a small addition would stretch out the juice and keep the flavor about the same or even make it pop. Adding any base would seem to dilute but again, as pg "carries flavor" I thought it might go un noticed as far as flavor is concerned. While I'm here, my ol man is hooked on onehitwonder milk man, he made a batch of cheap #*@$ "strawberry cream" and enjoys it (it's terrible) anyone have a decent clone? Using TFA flavors.

Sir2fyablyNutz

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 22, 2015
West Virginia, USA
Thanks all, the recipe is s.ripe 13 prcnt
5prcnt milk stone, .5 salted caramel, 2prcnt vanilla bean icecream.
20.5 percent flavor pg , 79.5 vg. I know pg is a flavor carrier so I was curious if I topped this off with 10ml ish of pg would the flavor stay the same, increase or dilute. Assuming pg carries flavor I was thinking maybe a small addition would stretch out the juice and keep the flavor about the same or even make it pop. Adding any base would seem to dilute but again, as pg "carries flavor" I thought it might go un noticed as far as flavor is concerned. While I'm here, my ol man is hooked on onehitwonder milk man, he made a batch of cheap #*@$ "strawberry cream" and enjoys it (it's terrible) anyone have a decent clone? Using TFA flavors.
This is a good site for clones, translate is on bottom left. Le DIY pour les Nuls - Recettes DIY - Trucs et Astuces. Search is top right, there are 5 One Hit Wonder recipes there...

herb

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2014
Northern NJ native , Coastal NC now.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread