IGO-L or V5 (aka Nimbus)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merlin21

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Northern New Jersey
I have the Trident, Igo-L, and Private v2 from FT as well. All are great pickups, you won't be disappointed. Just hope that the brass tubes don't break on your Private v2. Apparently the newest shipment of tri-tone have super thin brass tubes. Mine and others have snapped but FT is sending me a replacement.

I have been following the whole debacle with the brass tubes stripping. I am banking/hoping on the newer batch being better quality, I opened a ticket about it and they answered me back with "Our products are 100% QC before they are shipped. Please don't worry." :glare:

I just love the way it looks and have heard it is very compact in 18350 mode. If you don't mind and get it soon, shoot me a line on how the quality is.

player one

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2013
cali
I have been following the whole debacle with the brass tubes stripping. I am banking/hoping on the newer batch being better quality, I opened a ticket about it and they answered me back with "Our products are 100% QC before they are shipped. Please don't worry." :glare:

I just love the way it looks and have heard it is very compact in 18350 mode. If you don't mind and get it soon, shoot me a line on how the quality is.

I just received my private v2 and nothing has broken yet. Feels pretty solid and the threads are pretty smooth.

cobyatch

Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
Bay Area, CA

Will do! Other than the brass tubes, it worked great for the week I had it. The only reason it snapped was because I had it in my back pocket and it caught onto the chair I sat on hahah. But I didn't have the floating pin problem some people had. Most of my atomizers screwed onto it. Only complaint is that the bottom switch tends to back out over time, but I've heard of people using threadlock or Noalox to fix it.

Steven_

ECF Veteran
Jul 12, 2013
Louisiana
I have both of these and i love both, but the V5 is so much easier to build a coil with. The only difference in my V5 is i got the one with 4 air holes instead of 2 $5.23 V5 RDA Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer - 4-airhole at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping.

On my IGO-L i made the air hole bigger and the draw is perfect. The V5 has a very tight draw on it even with 4 holes. I plan on making 1 of the holes bigger because i dont use double coils.

So i would tell you to def get the V5.

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
I have both of these and i love both, but the V5 is so much easier to build a coil with. The only difference in my V5 is i got the one with 4 air holes instead of 2

Yeah... that's the one I have on order... how's that working out for you, especially with single coils? I might have to run singles for a bit while I figure out the best way to wrap a good DC build.

sawtoothscream

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
United States
Thanks for the replies everybody. I think I am going in to info overload from all the research. Yes I was looking at the one on Fasttech but would not rule out the Igo-W from a local vendor if it is good.

While I have heard great things about the Trident, it does not have a drip well.... How long do you go before having to drip again?

I trow in 3 or 4 drops and it will last me my 10 minutes drive to work, 4 more last my 15 minute break, 3 more all the way back home. I just hit a good amount and havnt had a dry hit with this build. last longer then my igo l set up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread