IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer Anyone have one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I ordered one from Discount Vapors and it should be here Thursday...wondered if anyone has used one yet and what are your impressions? I read some good reviews from some folks from the UK.

IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer

DiscountVapers.com_IGO_L__22211.1352986445.1280.1280.JPG

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Looks to me to be a pop-top cap. Impressive, for something out of China.

In fact, just about everything that Youde Tech has been producing has impressed me- the AGA-T, AGA-S, AGA-W, The UDS Telescopes and mech mods...these guys know how to build quality mods and atties.

Yep exactly a pop-top cap w/o threads and 2 o-rings.. Does a tremendous job and I wrapped a 2.4ohm coil on silica in about 5 mins during a meeting over the phone and tucked in and around the posts. Dry fired fine and 12-16 drops first time to fill the wick and cup and she was hitting like a mac truck.

Right now I'm vaping 30mg DIY Pina Colada 60/40 on this atty @ 12w on a Vamo and too much vapor I'm getting the hiccups! :) I'll be trying to do a 400# SS mesh soon just don't have the time as of late. I don't like the silica for long-term vape due to the breakdown but in 5 mins I had her up and running strong. Wish I had gotten a few more in the CoOp held my nomoMarlboro! :)

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
Whole big round of them coming in vapemail to users of the coop I was in but right now all attention is on the IGO and how well they vape. Not that some classies won't be coming up but it may take awhile since they impress.

I wish Ninja I had bought 4-8 more of them and I would have covered you. Maybe a second/third round will be done coop for them again! (lets hope cause I'll be in for more :))

markophonic

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 27, 2012
Michigan
I received the IGO-L yesterday and just set it up...WOW great vape, and I just used the small piece of silca wick that was included with it.

I'll probably redo it and double up the wick.

I like that the cap doesn't screw on and just slides over the o-rings...I don't like that it fits REALLY LOOSE...It takes zero effort to remove the cap. I think that it would just fall off it tipped upside down.

I've ordered some new O-Rings that I think will hold it on a bit firmer. I read elsewhere that a 15mm ID X 1mm CS is a good fix so I ordered some online (I had to get a package of 50) but for a few dollars I didn't mind.

Love the way it vapes.

Ictinike

A Minion of Cthulhu
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 13, 2012
NE Ohio, USA
I received the IGO-L yesterday and just set it up...WOW great vape, and I just used the small piece of silca wick that was included with it.

I'll probably redo it and double up the wick.

I like that the cap doesn't screw on and just slides over the o-rings...I don't like that it fits REALLY LOOSE...It takes zero effort to remove the cap. I think that it would just fall off it tipped upside down.

I've ordered some new O-Rings that I think will hold it on a bit firmer. I read elsewhere that a 15mm ID X 1mm CS is a good fix so I ordered some online (I had to get a package of 50) but for a few dollars I didn't mind.

Love the way it vapes.

Nice! Yeah it could be a bit tighter but I try not to tip or drop my PV anyway and if I do the PV is what I'm worried about (until getting into 100$+ rba's) so it's OK but your right, a set of bigger O-rings would make it a bit more tighter.

I have more the problem while screwing into the PV that the top spins around which is the same type of issue as coming off but it's so easy to adjust I just say `Oh you atty, why you be so playful!` and adjust :D

I also take out the DT to drip as it's nice to drip on the coil area instead of taking off the top. You get more drips by using it this way since the top cap can be used as a partial reservoir up until you cover the coil then your just boiling liquid not atomizing it :p

Love my 2, will be in for more if the coop comes back. Great atty!

j4mmin42

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2009
Arcata, Cali
I've been considering getting one of these. I love my Phoenix clone but the center post loves to ride up into the unit. Luckily I use it on my GGTB which has an adjustable center pin so it still fires fine on that but it's still kind of annoying.

Not to bring the thread off-topic, but there's an easy fix: Just push down on the taller post (positive post) and the center pin will move into place.

PhreakySTS9

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2011
Shayol Ghul, The Great Blight
Not to bring the thread off-topic, but there's an easy fix: Just push down on the taller post (positive post) and the center pin will move into place.
Oh I know, i've done this many, many times. It always seems to slide back out of place, but since I only use it on my GGTB it doesn't matter since the TB has an adjustable pin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread