IGO-L Rebuildable Stainless Steel Dripping Atomizer Anyone have one of these?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mitey F

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2013
Michigan, yearning for home
Make sure your coil sits just a hair above the airhole on the topcap. If its too low your not getting all that you can out of the coil.

I do just the opposite. My airhole is always just above the coil. The bottom of the coil typically produces the throat hit, and the top vapor.

alldayvape

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 11, 2011
Maryland
Hi, took me only a day to read through this thread. My first rebuildable anything. Still trying to get the hang of correctly wrapping. Resistance wise I'm fine art 1.4 ohm, but the silica wick needs to improve. This thread definitely helped. Traveling for the next 14 days ago I'll have to wait to work on it.

Great thread and seems the igo l is great for beginners to get into rebuildables.
ja5a7epu.jpg

Sent via Mobile

LeoRex

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2013
United States
Got a 10 wrap 1/16 microcoil (1.3 ohms) with a cotton wick... trying something different... the coil is pointing out and angled outwards and I have the cotton wrapped around the coil, covering the inside opening. Kind of looks like one of those old-timey motars.

(hmmm... some slight o-ring damage... I'll have to keep an eye on that, but glad it came with two spares)

mortar.jpg

If I am not drawing on it when I fire, it'll shoot little popping, blazing hot balls of juice that leave little contrails as they fly off... kind of cool... but if I am inhaling, no pops, just vapor. Works incredibly well... puts out a nice, thick tasty vape with a pretty strong throat hit. I think what is going on is that when I have it loaded up, juice collects in the coil... and as I draw, it creates a slight negative pressure in the coil as air passes from the vent up to the mouthpiece, allowing the juice to vaporize rather than build up pressure and fire hot juice.... so there is a fair amount of juice that vaporizes fairly quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread