IGO-L....running HOT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
This is my first rda and first coil build, pretty sloppy but it's working.

Using my sigelei ZMAX Mini, and multimeter reads 1.5ohms and vaping at 4 watts on the RMS setting.

Anyway, the flavor is incredible ( why didn't I do this sooner), great clouds and hits....it's just that the top 'cone' of the RDA is getting pretty hot, is this normal?

Oh and could someone recommend a GOOD RDA building video, most of them do not explain what they're doing with enough depth, like if you're supposed to coil the wire all the way around the post or not.

juggalofisher88

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Well if its air flow is like the igow, its TINY lol you could drill it out.
But if you drill it out, you'll have more air cooling your coil requiring you to push more watts through it to get a satisfactory result. Low power and lots of air will dull the flavor.
As for building videos try looking at some older Rip Trippers videos. Some of his older coil vids he goes in more detail about the "essentials" while now he just glosses over it.

sig-153231.jpg

Ohio Points

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 6, 2012
O-HI-O
Well if its air flow is like the igow, its TINY lol you could drill it out.
But if you drill it out, you'll have more air cooling your coil requiring you to push more watts through it to get a satisfactory result. Low power and lots of air will dull the flavor.
As for building videos try looking at some older Rip Trippers videos. Some of his older coil vids he goes in more detail about the "essentials" while now he just glosses over it.

sig-153231.jpg

Yeah, I know alot of people drill the airhole, but I like the draw the way it is...just wondering if the heat is normal...guess it is.
Thanks for the RIP Tripper advice, I've seen some of his and he's pretty entertaining, gonna have to find the earlier build vids, kudos.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread