iGO question

Status
Not open for further replies.

thisguy

Feb 5, 2010
Abilene, TX
I'm having the opposite problem now. Let me start by saying that I love the iGo so much. No problem until yesterday. Starts with a battery dieing. Light flashes on the battery no longer firing the Carto, dead right. So I put it on my charger and the light shoes green and the light on the battery doesn't flash to show it started charging. Can't get anything going.

Tried moving the pin up on the battery and still no go. I figure it might be the battery, no big deal, one battery last me from the time I wake up until I go to bed, and then some. So I vape the other battery dead, go to put it on the charger and it's the same deal. No flash from the battery and the light on the charger is green. Go through the steps again of moving the post up on the battery, something I never had to do before, and still no go. :(

Thank goodness I have back ups or the world would be burning from my fury fueled by withdrawals. :laugh:

Any suggestions? Or maybe an after market charger that will work with this.

edit for stupid.

BILLB OKC

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Mar 9, 2011
oklahoma city
I'm having the opposite problem now. Let me start by saying that I love the iGo so much. No problem until yesterday. Starts with a battery dieing. Light flashes on the battery no longer firing the Carto, dead right. So I put it on my charger and the light shoes green and the light on the battery doesn't flash to show it started charging. Can't get anything going.

Tried moving the pin up on the battery and still no go. I figure it might be the battery, no big deal, one battery last me from the time I wake up until I go to bed, and then some. So I vape the other battery dead, go to put it on the charger and it's the same deal. No flash from the battery and the light on the charger is green. Go through the steps again of moving the post up on the battery, something I never had to do before, and still no go. :(

Thank goodness I have back ups or the world would be burning from my fury fueled by withdrawals. :laugh:

Any suggestions? Or maybe an after market charger that will work with this.

edit for stupid.

did you try wiggling the post on the charger?
It may the charger post is a little to low.

Glam

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jan 18, 2011
La Salle, Illinois
Well, I am certainly not qualified to answer this, especially since I found out that these plug into my sockets with the usb charger upside down, and there was a light on mine--I just could not see it. DUH. But Bill's suggestion makes sense. It does sound like the problem lies with the charger. Maybe battery was screwed in a little too tightly and forced the connection back. I wish you luck--I know your frustration level is grrrrrrrrrrrr.

thisguy

Feb 5, 2010
Abilene, TX
did you try wiggling the post on the charger?
It may the charger post is a little to low.

Yep. I sure did. Nothing. Also tried charging off of different computers instead of using the wall part, and no good. Thinking the something is just wrong with the charger. :(

So no iGo for me until I can get a new charger that works for it, and I can't seem to find a charger for it. :(

sweetniko

ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2010
Kansas City, MO
My IGO charger stopped working completely.
But just the part that plugs into the wall.
The part that plugs into a computer still works...at least it lights up.
I really need the wall part though. I looked but can't find warranty info and can't even remember when I purchased it. I guess I could do some more research or should I just call tomorrow and you guys can look up my purchase? Just wondering if it's worth calling about b/c I know it has been over 30 days. Anyone else have this problem with their IGO charger?

UPDATE: I received my IGO June 2. ( found a previous post I made)
Today is JULY 4. So it's barely over 30 days....DO you think I could get another one? I don't want to go back to charging my V4L batteries constantly.

Last edited:

MNG

Verified Member
Mar 21, 2011
Marina, CA
I have a similar problem with my igo battery. I will let mine sit on the charger overnight for at least 8 hours and one time for about 18 hours, but the light never goes green. I've noticed over the last week it is charging less and less each day. Before, a charge would last me several days. When I first noticed the light was still red after an overnight charge, it lasted me a little over a day, then a little less than a day. Today after charging for about 18 hours, it lasted just a couple hours and coming off the charger it didn't feel like it was putting out the same voltage I was used to. With only one battery and one charger, how do I know if I have a dead battery or a bad charger? I bought both about 2 months ago and it seems way too early to have to replace the battery. When I first got it and for first several charges, I would let it die completely before putting it on the charger. Eventually I realized it lasted me at least three days and would put it on the charger at bedtime every three nights. What is the best practice to ensure a reasonable life for the battery?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread