Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarket

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Near Atlanta, Georgia, US of A
Just picked up an igo w3 today. I get home, built some coils, get it all ready to go, and it's like I'm sucking air through a paper towel roll. No matter which setting I put it on, air flow is ridiculously airy. Any idea or suggestions?

Sent from my GS3

How many coils are you using?

I just googled the igo-w3, and it has 5 posts....correct? I'd imagine that anything less than dual coils would be too airy, at ANY setting.

It looks like the thing is meant for dual or quad coils.

I have an Igo-w5...and it is my first RDA. When I first built it, I used a single coil....and it was WAYYYYY too airy. Since it has 2 air holes...the only way I'd enjoy using a single coil would be if I covered/plugged one of the airholes....

Anyway, now I use dual coils, and the thing is a BEAST. I absolutely love it.

ImThatGuy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2012
California
I tried a single coil first, and thought maybe dual coil would help. The vapor production with the cap off is what I would expect, when I put it on and vape it's just air, hardly any vapor. I feel like it's not sealing properly.

Sent from my GS3

So...you see vapor when you fire with the cap off, but when you put the cap on then you suck then no vapor? Odd...Doubt the cap would make the coils move...

Pictures of your build please...

Sarin

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 15, 2014
I recently bought the IGO-W with 2 prebuild coils and the thing was tight as hell so i drilled out one hole and instantly regretted it - or so i thought. I persevered with it and found that you need to inhale differently, firstly i blow through it so that smoke comes out of the holes then lung inhale the majority and mouth inhale the final bit. After a while it just seemed to click? I then drilled out the second hole and it made a massive difference - for the better. I think that after years of probably smoking and then using cartos, RBA's are a totally different thing. Persevere though, when you get it right they are amazing, would never go back now.

CShaver

Cloudy Flavor All Day
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 3, 2014
Swoyersville, PA
I tried a single coil first, and thought maybe dual coil would help. The vapor production with the cap off is what I would expect, when I put it on and vape it's just air, hardly any vapor. I feel like it's not sealing properly.

Sent from my GS3

I can't say anything about the W3, but my Igo-W had almost no airflow. I had to drill one of the holes out to 5/64. Now it's a super airy draw, but my vapor production is absurd. Not sure how you're getting no vapor.

Do you lung inhale or mouth-to-lung? On my Igo, I lung inhale due to the airy draw, but even when I mouth-to-lung I still get a large amount of vapor.

AveryW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
KY, USA
Yeah, this is my first rda, hopefully me playing around a bit more with it will yield some good results, I havnt really had the time to mess with it. I've tried both methods of inhaling, lung inhale giving more vapor, but still not what I'm looking for. My mini pt 2 is putting out more than this thing is!

Sent from my GS3

AveryW

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
KY, USA
So...you see vapor when you fire with the cap off, but when you put the cap on then you suck then no vapor? Odd...Doubt the cap would make the coils move...

Pictures of your build please...

Here the pictures of my newest build.
uploadfromtaptalk1397996964288.jpg
Dual coil 32g kanthal 12 wraps around 5/64 screwdriver at 2.1 ohms. Pushing it as hard as I can at 11 watts does a little better, tastes great, but the vapor is so far from dense it's not even funny.

Sent from my GS3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread