iHybrid / Genesis tank Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
United States, Naples, FL
Anyone out there have any experience with one of these? I have read many reviews on the unit and am excited. I started vaping approximatly one month ago. I have used the eGo C-twist and love it. I have also used the Z-max V2 and love it. Not a big fan of cartos. Love the clear-o's. Huge fan of the viviNova. I'm ready for the next step.....the genesis tank. Genesis tanks look awesome. I realize this is an "advanced" user tank, but I'm ready. I've watched countless videos on setting them up, wrapping coils, oxidizing wicks etc.etc.

The one thing I have a question about is (and I'm sure it will not by my last)....how do you check resistance on one of these as they are mechanical mods. Does it have the 510 adapter on the bottom of the genesis tank and you hook it up to a tester? I haven't seen a pic of the bottom of the ihybrid tank yet so I'm a bit unsure.

Anyone with some advise, please feel free to chime in.

Ive tried a ton of different liquids from all my local vendors here in Naples, Florida. I've also tried many from online vendors. I actually have some steeping as we speak.

-JZ

Thorbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
We need to separate the iHybrid from a genesis tank in this question, as they are different devices.
A genesis atomizer tank has a 510 connector, which you can screw in to a resistence checker OR measure on the positive and negative post under the top cap with a multimeter.
The iHybrid is a genesis hybrid/all in one device, does not have a 510 connector, and has to be metered with a multimeter by the positive and negative post under the top cap.

Edit: And welcome to the forum, enjoy your stay :)

Last edited:

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
We need to separate the iHybrid from a genesis tank in this question, as they are different devices.
A genesis atomizer tank has a 510 connector, which you can screw in to a resistence checker OR measure on the positive and negative post under the top cap with a multimeter.
The iHybrid is a genesis hybrid/all in one device, does not have a 510 connector, and has to be metered with a multimeter by the positive and negative post under the top cap.

EXCELLENT. That was what I was looking for. I have not seen a connector in any photos and was wondering about this. The more information I get from you veterans the better. I knew It was a hybrid, but I wasn't sure about how the tank connected. Thanks again. Any information you might have on setting these up would be much appreciated. I'm a very tech savvy guy and pick up on this stuff easily, but need help from the masters. I've been watching vids from a lot of vets, but mostly from VapeNinja and pBusardo and those guys are great.

Thorbear

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Any suggestions on a good multimeter? I can do more research on that, but any suggestions would be greatly appreciated....links?

Personally, I use the cheapest multimeter i could find ^^ Not sure that is the best advice i could give to use though, but whichever one you end up using - remember to touch the two leads of the multimeter together first to see the resistance inherent in the multimeter, and subtract that rating from what you read from the coil in your genesis.
Mine always reads 0.4 ohms when touching the leads, so when i meter a coil at 1.8 ohms - i know it is actually 1.4ohms.
Keep watching those videos, and maybe check out Scott Bonners youtube channel too (igetcha69) I've picked up alot from him.

Skeetorius

Verified Member
Jan 21, 2013
Sorry about that Thorbear is 100% correct . They are working on a 510 connector for the ihybrid synthesis tank.
NP. I've only been at this a month. I can see how it can get a bit confusing remembering all the particular features of these things. I was confused about batteries for the longest time, but I think I have that sorted out now. One further question for you guys. I assume an 18650 PROTECTED battery is best or any PROTECTED battery for the Ihybrid since it is a mechanical mod with no built in protection. Correct?

Also. No cigarette for over a month now and no REAL cravings for one. I don't miss it one bit. I enjoy vaping much more If you can believe that.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread