Ihybrid or Zenesis

Status
Not open for further replies.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
How about starting with a mechanical tube mod (like the PureSmoker Legacy) and an AGA-T? That what I am currently using, and it has been great. The benefits are that I can rotate 4 different tank of flavors throughout the day. With a hybrid, you are somewhat at the mercy of one flavor per tank unless you wish to empty it to change flavors. Just my opinion.

ease21

Verified Member
Jul 12, 2012
Ottawa
I've owned both, and continue to use the ihybrid. For me, the flavor is better, I don't have to mess with an insulator, the switch works without having to mod, and it seems to hit harder (less internal resistance). I've owned the Zen standard, mini and the sidewinder (even with replaced internals sw doesn't hit as hard), and in the end the ihybrid wins in my book. They're all really well made. (with the exception of the Zen switches, maybe I just had bad luck.)

Nickycaps182

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Delaware
I own both the ihybrid and the zen standard. They are really not that alike. In my opinion, ihybrid ands down. I like them both, but the ihybrid hits extremely hard compared to the zen. They are both great devices, but my zen usually sits.

Sounds good I'm defiantly looking for a bigger hit thank you. Now I just have to find one lol

Nickycaps182

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Delaware
I've owned both, and continue to use the ihybrid. For me, the flavor is better, I don't have to mess with an insulator, the switch works without having to mod, and it seems to hit harder (less internal resistance). I've owned the Zen standard, mini and the sidewinder (even with replaced internals sw doesn't hit as hard), and in the end the ihybrid wins in my book. They're all really well made. (with the exception of the Zen switches, maybe I just had bad luck.)

I have heard the switches on the zen do give some people issues.. And I love that IHybrid has many different battery setups. So I'm on the hunt can't wait till they verify me. Thanks

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
Yeah I was looking at that legacy its a good price you like the way it works? And is it really stainless Steel?

I have and still do own many mods. I think the Legacy is the best deal out of them all. It is definitely stainless steel, the switch works very well, the threads and connections are all top notch, it is readily available so you don't have to F5 websites, hug up to those in the inner circles, spend outrageous amounts for a classified listing just to get one. Add in the ability to change the top section at any time, and it is a win in my book. What happens when you need part (like other people posting WTB threads) because they are hardly available? PureSmoker keeps a good stock, so no worries there. This can be said for other mechanical mods as well, like the AltSmoke offerings. It's just the Legacy is so simple and solid. It is a bit heavy though, more so the aluminum used to make the IHybrid.

I would be upset if I had a broken switch or cracked tank on a $200 plus mod, and couldn't get parts immediately. It would make the unit useless.

ckone180

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 22, 2012
Charlotte, NC
I have heard the switches on the zen do give some people issues.. And I love that IHybrid has many different battery setups. So I'm on the hunt can't wait till they verify me. Thanks

There is also a reason that the iHy is changing often. Not sure what the deal is, but there are multiple switches and now the SS standard.

Nickycaps182

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 5, 2013
Delaware
There is also a reason that the iHy is changing often. Not sure what the deal is, but there are multiple switches and now the SS standard.

I'm sure I will wait soo long any way if I want that any way so in the mean Time I'm going to check out the legacy or the NGP or maby the gg clone thanks guys

SavePaperVapor

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 5, 2009
Minnesota, USA
I wouldn't touch the Zenesis. Poorly thought out imo. The battery tube isn't snug so batteries just rattle away in there. The switch is sub par, and the overall fit and finish is lacking. It's made with excellent materials but that's where the goodness ends. No idea why Zen products are so hyped. The Z atty pro is "made" to fit the Provari but doesn't even do that well. I agree with the Legacy suggestions. Toss a nice RBA on that and you will be way more content and heavier in the pocketbook.

Rymarski

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 25, 2012
Chicago
I wouldn't touch the Zenesis. Poorly thought out imo. The battery tube isn't snug so batteries just rattle away in there. The switch is sub par, and the overall fit and finish is lacking. It's made with excellent materials but that's where the goodness ends. No idea why Zen products are so hyped. The Z atty pro is "made" to fit the Provari but doesn't even do that well. I agree with the Legacy suggestions. Toss a nice RBA on that and you will be way more content and heavier in the pocketbook.

Just curious what you meant by the ZAP not doing well?

I've been vaping it for a little over two weeks and it hits fantastically.

Then again this is my first RBA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread