iHybrid Pure - mass produced at an affordable price?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ink Stained

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
LEXINGTON KY
This is completely giving back to the community, I don't see too much profit at 100 bucks each. Faceless, if you are reading this thread, thank you. I only hope that these hit when I am able to pick one up. Maybe this hybrid will shut down some of the clones coming from china. They won't be able to make a cheaper copy, and if they could, why on earth would someone want a clone when the original is under 100 bucks.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
As much as I want to see ihybrid grow, and Ive never been a customer of their mods... China can and will copy the pure (given a little time) and produce it for retail at half the price with the same raw materials.

You can bet your bippy they will do it based on recent releases coming out of other mods already.

Am I gonna buy a Pure by iHybrid? Of course. Although Ill wait for the 18650 version.

Then Ill buy the clone as well when it comes out. Maybe two.

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
How much aluminum does it take to make an ihybrid pure? a stainless steel vamo is 40 bucks. ihys are 1 of the USs prides. im sure there will be plenty of china hybrids to go around, they dont need to clone ours.. they'll probably put one out with a diamond window and it'll be a revolutionary new design. No ones going to care if your 1 of the people that buy china. No one that matters. Ur mind, ur world, ur life. But I would love to get one of these US made Ihys because its made by a good guy and its going to be a nice piece and made well.

ragnarok23

Verified Member
Apr 12, 2012
Billings, Mt
How much aluminum does it take to make an ihybrid pure? a stainless steel vamo is 40 bucks. ihys are 1 of the USs prides. im sure there will be plenty of china hybrids to go around, they dont need to clone ours.. they'll probably put one out with a diamond window and it'll be a revolutionary new design. No ones going to care if your 1 of the people that buy china. No one that matters. Ur mind, ur world, ur life. But I would love to get one of these US made Ihys because its made by a good guy and its going to be a nice piece and made well.

Well said brother

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona

That and the pure is a great looking hybrid.

Fury83

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 14, 2012
Nowhere
This is completely giving back to the community, I don't see too much profit at 100 bucks each. Faceless, if you are reading this thread, thank you. I only hope that these hit when I am able to pick one up. Maybe this hybrid will shut down some of the clones coming from china. They won't be able to make a cheaper copy, and if they could, why on earth would someone want a clone when the original is under 100 bucks.

I'm thinking there is plenty of profit. Not as large per item as a normal ihybrid/LE but this is more of a numbers game. So while it's possible the intentions are good, it's filling a niche that doesn't have many options, making money shouldn't be too hard.

Ink Stained

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
LEXINGTON KY
I'm thinking there is plenty of profit. Not as large per item as a normal ihybrid/LE but this is more of a numbers game. So while it's possible the intentions are good, it's filling a niche that doesn't have many options, making money shouldn't be too hard.
Well, if he sells 1000 of them a month yes that is of profit. Like you said, all in the numbers sold on these though. I should have worded that differently. I don't see a huge margin of profit per mod. The bigger picture, he stands to make a killing, as he should :D
Again as I stated in the AFPV thread, I am waiting to see what zen brings to compete with this one though. I think the market is getting ready to change big time. While these LEs will always have a place, it gives everyone a chance at a quality mod at a good price. If these take off like I think they will, you will still have a hard time finding one for a few months after release though.

Aubie80

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 7, 2011
Phoenix, Arizona
Well, if he sells 1000 of them a month yes that is of profit. Like you said, all in the numbers sold on these though. I should have worded that differently. I don't see a huge margin of profit per mod. The bigger picture, he stands to make a killing, as he should :D
Again as I stated in the AFPV thread, I am waiting to see what zen brings to compete with this one though. I think the market is getting ready to change big time. While these LEs will always have a place, it gives everyone a chance at a quality mod at a good price. If these take off like I think they will, you will still have a hard time finding one for a few months after release though.

Im afraid of this as well. At my last local meet there were at least 10 people very interested in the pure. At first I dont think supply will meet demand but if he does make 1000 or more units a month im sure in a few months time they will be readily available.

KalThaxx

ECF Veteran
Aug 5, 2012
Cleveland
I think ultimately it will fill a much needed niche in the market, an affordable hybrid mod, made in the USA and readily available. Similar to the Silver Bullet or Legacy, It will be suggested that everyone should have one in their arsenal. I've have both and and love them. I will get a Pure as well, and will probably love it too. China mods are cheap and most take some modding, but end up working great til they die. I have been through a few. The available high end mods usually need a little modding to get to perform great, whether its a new brass connection or spring. The cream of the crop mods are just so elusive you are more likely to find gold in your back yard the land one at retail price. I know that Zen's and diablos have come up recently but six months ago when the boon hit none were around either. So I welcome and anticipate the Pures arrival!

Ink Stained

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 24, 2012
LEXINGTON KY
I just wish there was a pre order somewhere. Ive got the money for it, but if 1000 of these go up on 1 site, on a 2am sale, server crash! Mod hoarders will be lined up hitting refresh at 130 a.m. (I know I wont be doing it alone anyways) And yeah. I know of a few people still on ego batteries in awe over these things. Guess I better work on my mesh rolling skills to help them out :D

Mta1206

Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
Mt. Pleasant, MS, USA
I'm sold looks like a great devise, really like the top cap sleeve comb. Will wait for the 18650, it's a pain in the ... to keep up with two batteries 18650 and 18350 don't want to add a third , on like others not so concerned with looks as function but this seems to have both.
Does any one know if this is 6063 or 6061 alloy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread