Status
Not open for further replies.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Here's a little annoyance I just discovered. Took it down for a new coil, washed stuff, and decided that with it disassembled, let's try that black color changing glass. Now I ran that glass under hot water and sure enough, it went clear, pretty cool. Put it back together, and it looks really slick with the black glass and black trim. vaping away, granted only 50W, but chain vaping, and the glass is still black! It never gets hot enough to change to clear. Which now really stinks as I can't see my juice level. Back to clear when this tank runs low. Would have been fun if it worked. OTOH, I guess it's good to know the tank never gets hot even when chain puffing.

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Here's a little annoyance I just discovered. Took it down for a new coil, washed stuff, and decided that with it disassembled, let's try that black color changing glass. Now I ran that glass under hot water and sure enough, it went clear, pretty cool. Put it back together, and it looks really slick with the black glass and black trim. Vaping away, granted only 50W, but chain vaping, and the glass is still black! It never gets hot enough to change to clear. Which now really stinks as I can't see my juice level. Back to clear when this tank runs low. Would have been fun if it worked. OTOH, I guess it's good to know the tank never gets hot even when chain puffing.

Same thing happened to me at 80w. The device stays cool which I consider a pro but not so great for color changing glass.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
I keep the clear in just for the same reason...I wanna see my juice level, even though I got it to start changing to "clear" it was not doing it on a regular basis, I want a quick check of my juice levels at all times. So thank goodness they put the clear class in there.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
This tank still holds up as a great producer of flavor and can chuck some clouds. It's not made for super high wattage vaping, and it's a fantastic little piece. My only gripe is that the replacement coils with the twisted wire are SO much better in every way (flavor, vapor, longevity), but nobody seems to carry them. Rba deck is easy and works great, but it would be nice to have those twisted drop in coils around.

sgenn99

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 9, 2012
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Whoa! What's with the NEON posts? Hard to read on this dark theme! lol

Anyway, I like the looks of the Tornado Nano, but I'm just trying to figure out what this "chip coil" system is all about (and what are the benefits).

TIA!
The pcb board they use to weld the legs of the coil is supposed to give the connection more current or something along those lines

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread