Status
Not open for further replies.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
With these twisted SS coils I built...I could go either way. But I prefer knowing what wire I'm heating up. When you pointed out that those coils were not SS, I got a little uneasy not knowing what they were! But, they sure give a good vape in that chip coil. The flavor in the RBA is really, really good too. Truth is they are about equal if your build and wicking are good (which I know your's will be Cig, once you get off your .... and build one!) LOL

Reactions: Eskie

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
With these twisted SS coils I built...I could go either way. But I prefer knowing what wire I'm heating up. When you pointed out that those coils were not SS, I got a little uneasy not knowing what they were! But, they sure give a good vape in that chip coil. The flavor in the RBA is really, really good too. Truth is they are about equal if your build and wicking are good (which I know your's will be Cig, once you get off your .... and build one!) LOL
Oooooouch! I guess I deserved that! :sleep:

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
I gotta say I'm glad I read this thread first, otherwise I would have probably tossed the chip coil and went straight to building. This thing is a real surprise. Excellent flavor. Now I'll have to hope I can rewick them without busting something.

Glad you like the chip coil Eskie. Easy enough to wick with cotton as it swells once juiced up. Tougher with rayon where more is needed to offset shrinkage once juiced. I use my thumbnail to keep the coil from moving while pulling rayon through.

DP2Raja

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 31, 2012
New Mexico
Just rebuilt my coils...2 strands of 26ga SS, twisted. 8/9 wraps with 3mm ID. Ohms out at 0.21. Running at 48 watts (will go higher as the day goes). I am getting major flavor. I believe it is better than the chip coil, but you know how it is...fresh coils, fresh cotton and it tastes like Heaven! Really fantastic vape. I think the wider juice slots on the RBA feeds better than the circle juice holes on the chip coil set up. Just my opinion. Also, to really dry burn and clean the chip coil is a bit of a pain to me...hard to brush the bottom/underside of those coils tucked in there. On the RBA deck I have full access to the coils for better cleaning. Just my OCD coming through I admit! :D

cigatron

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
May 14, 2014
clinton ar
Also, to really dry burn and clean the chip coil is a bit of a pain to me...hard to brush the bottom/underside of those coils tucked in there. On the RBA deck I have full access to the coils for better cleaning. Just my OCD coming through I admit
OoooohSeeeeeDeeee are ya? I get that, got that too. Lol

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I've now been using this tank every day using the chip coil and having a great time with it. Only thing I've noticed is it does run through juice. Not as fast as my Limitless+, but faster than my Crius plus, which is set up as a dual coil ~.4 ohm, so comparable to the .3 ohm chip. I ordered some replacement chip coils off of FT just to stock, but as long as I can keep rewicking this coil, I'm going to keep it going.

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
Yeah, Eskie, I am enjoying this tank as well Good find. Got mine for $19 off of eBay a few weeks ago. Couldn't believe it.

Got mine on Ecig for $19.75. Amazing tank at this price. I think I paid close to $30 for my L+ from Ecig earlier in the summer and thought that was a good deal.

Reactions: cigatron
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread