IkenVape cartos

Status
Not open for further replies.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
Got a 5pack of platiniums xl. The first one is horribly burnt tasting. It's a very airy draw. I primed the carto and even let it sit overnight. After the overnight sitting the filter is still soaked and it was in a tank, and I enlarged the hole a good amount, and it still is crap.

However, it wouldn't be the first bum carto I've ever had so I'll try another in the new few days and see.

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
Although I have been a happy camper with the smoktek single coil pre-punched cartos from here 510 Tank Cartomizers, a couple of my best buddies here have long been singing the praises of the Ikenvape Platinums. They always seemed to be out of stock all summer, then a few weeks ago a buddy told me they were back in stock. I got bunch to try out, the Mega Platinum STD punched https://www.ikenvape.com/SearchResults.asp?Cat=1860.

I think I have found a new favorite. Out of probably 5 used so far, no duds, no issues whatsover. The double laser-drilled holes has been wicking all of my juices great w/o flooding or dry hits. Extremely satisfied.

Being that the Fusions are considered Ikenvapes flagship carto, I now am very tempted to try those out. The only reason I didn't get some with my initial order is needing to buy a 510-801 adaptor. I asked another buddy about these:

"I have used both the Platinums and the Fusions. Both are excellent, but I prefer the Fusions even though I have to use an adapter. The air flow on the Fusions is perfect and gives, IMO, better flavor and vapor. I find the TH the same on both. Even though it looks a little wonky with the adapter, it's an outstanding vape."

Interesting comment above about the air flow. Perhaps it is the wider 801 connector providing an airier vape that sets these apart from all the rest.

Last edited:

Tanks

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 9, 2012
Northern VA
Every time I try to order some Ikenvape Carto's they are out of stock.

It's ridiculous.

If you have a hot product that is in high demand the way you pick up lots of NEW customers is to at least have that new hot IN DEMAND product in stock.

Tell that to Zen. LOL. It's damn near impossible to get a Zenesis. I'm getting to the point where I will buy the pink one if that's all I can find. Pink is nothing a little sand paper, a spray gun and car paint (Blue w/ silver flakes :evil:) can't fix.

Back on topic: How would you all compare ikenvape cartos to a 3.0 ohm Boge laser drilled carto? (I use the ones from electronicstix.com in my J-Tank)

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
How are you all priming these?

Tried my second one tonight. Burnt as crap just like the first. I dropped a ton of juice in the top. It just pooled there. It's like it doesn't soak through. I then pressured pimed the carto (using the top seal on the tank) to the point juice poured out the bottom. I then covered the bottom air holes so I could vacuum prime the carto till I got juice in my mouth. And it's still burnt as crap.

The smok ones I just drip a few drops in the filler at the top and then shove in the tank and they're good to go. I never have to resort to what I tried on the ikenvapes but even doing that it's burnt as heck with very little vapor.

lrage

ECF Veteran
Nov 22, 2010
Florida
I just ripped apart the first one I had tried and it's burnt to crap at the bottom.

I'd really like to know if people that have used these with success are priming the crap out of them above and beyond what I stated above since the second one seems to have the same problem. The filler is wrapped very tight in there and it seems like it's just a case of these not getting enough juice in there but I can't fathom how they'd ever get enough juice in there. My juice isn't even thick at all.

r77r7r

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
  • Feb 15, 2011
    Pa,LandOfTaxes
    I just ripped apart the first one I had tried and it's burnt to crap at the bottom.

I'd really like to know if people that have used these with success are priming the crap out of them above and beyond what I stated above since the second one seems to have the same problem. The filler is wrapped very tight in there and it seems like it's just a case of these not getting enough juice in there but I can't fathom how they'd ever get enough juice in there. My juice isn't even thick at all.

It's commonplace here to drop an email to the supplier to let him know whats up. Or a phone call.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    I dropped a ton of juice in the top. It just pooled there. It's like it doesn't soak through.

I noticed that as well. Recently I received my first shipment of Ikenvape cartos. And yes the liquid just pooled at the top for a *long* time. So I filled from the bottom using the condom method and just let it soak for about a half hour. Vapor has been excellent. And even refills require some patience.

But this is still much better than all the juice I've wasted on dud Boge 2.0's and Smoktech 1.7's in the past three months.

Edit: For the newbies, here is a video of the condom fill method...

A PBusardo Tutorial - YouTube

Last edited:

lrage

ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2010
    Florida
    I noticed that as well. Recently I received my first shipment of Ikenvape cartos. And yes the liquid just pooled at the top for a *long* time. So I filled from the bottom using the condom method and just let it soak for about a half hour. Vapor has been excellent. And even refills require some patience.

But this is still much better than all the juice I've wasted on dud Boge 2.0's and Smoktech 1.7's in the past three months.

Edit: For the newbies, here is a video of the condom fill method...

A PBusardo Tutorial - YouTube

Thanks a bunch. The condom method did the trick. These might be a little airy for me on the zmax but I can give it a whirl now for sure, no more burnt taste. Just needed some serious priming.

Edit
    I spoke too soon. Took about 5 hits and instantly back to burning. Also, I can see it glowing orange inside the carto hole. And this was with a carto I basically flooded the crap out of. IDK, maybe these just aren't for me :)

Last edited:

kazimir

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 8, 2012
    DC
    These are my first cartos. I got the 510 LR platinum because that was the only 1 in stock. Overall fill time was about 5 min. Worked like a charm on the 2 of the 3 I did (1 I punched wrong, was the first try). So far I have gotten 6 days out of each at about 3-4 ml a day each. The flavor is great. I do refill the top every time I refill the tank. Had 1 burnt hit after 10 back to back hits. Let it sit for 1hr and reprimed the top and its was good to go. That was 4 days ago.

For the initial fill, I added a drop and rotated till 1 drop all around, then flick/whip action. Rinse and repeat till lightly flooded. Take a syringe and suck out the middle. Let sit for a few min.

Note: Like I said, I am brand new to cartos, but this worked for me. Also, flavor-wise these are MUCH better than a VVN but very slightly muted compared to dripping.

Setup:
    Provari & Provari mini > IKV carto in phiniac tank w/ ss caps
    Liquid is 50/50 18mg
    Carto ohms are 2.2 and 2.3 running 3.8-4.4v

Last edited:

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    These are my first cartos. I got the 510 LR platinum because that was the only 1 in stock. Overall fill time was about 5 min. Worked like a charm on the 2 of the 3 I did (1 I punched wrong, was the first try). So far I have gotten 6 days out of each at about 3-4 ml a day each. The flavor is great. I do refill the top every time I refill the tank. Had 1 burnt hit after 10 back to back hits. Let it sit for 1hr and reprimed the top and its was good to go. That was 4 days ago.

For the initial fill, I added a drop and rotated till 1 drop all around, then flick/whip action. Rinse and repeat till lightly flooded. Take a syringe and suck out the middle. Let sit for a few min.

Note: Like I said, I am brand new to cartos, but this worked for me. Also, flavor-wise these are MUCH better than a VVN but very slightly muted compared to dripping.

Setup:
    Provari & Provari mini > IKV carto in phiniac tank w/ ss caps
    Liquid is 50/50 18mg
    Carto ohms are 2.2 and 2.3 running 3.8-4.4v
    Pretty much the same methodology here. I'm using the Mega Platinum with pre-drilled holes (punched! version) in a pyrex tank on a Provari. Priming the cartos same as you, but with a wooden toothpic in the airhole. Drip and spin, until the polyfill looks like a slushy drink. The first 2-3 drops do kind of sit there (I also use all vg organic juices), but once they are absorbed the rest seems to absorb faster.

I have no answers for the previous posters with issues. My experience with IKV's is with my current batch, no issues with dry hits, burning, nor flooding. Very pleased with the flavor.

JimmyJet

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Mar 30, 2011
    Carolinas
    Priming the cartos same as you, but with a wooden toothpick in the airhole. Drip and spin, until the polyfill looks like a slushy drink.

This may be the best trick I've heard in a long time. Plug the air-hole with a toothpick. That way you don't have to drip, wait, drip, wait, over & over. Thanks for sharing this!

JJ :)

lrage

ECF Veteran
    Nov 22, 2010
    Florida
    I worked it out. I believe my issue is because I was enlarging the hole for the tank. I've done this to plenty of the smok carts, I use a tapcon and hammer the hole a bit bigger. I like tapcons over regular screws or nails because they are a LOT stronger.

However, in this case I believe it was crimping the filler material. Either that or messing with the wires. But I think it was crimping the material.

The two I enlarged the holes on sucked. The two I didn't touch at all are fine. Condom fill. Vape. Vape well at about 4.7 on a zmax (so like 5.2 probably lol)

slickerxcuh

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 19, 2012
    Southern California
    This may be the best trick I've heard in a long time. Plug the air-hole with a toothpick. That way you don't have to drip, wait, drip, wait, over & over. Thanks for sharing this!

JJ :)

I want to try this method also, do you guys stick the toothpick all the way through? Which end first? Does it hit any wiring when you do this?

Baditude

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Apr 8, 2012
    Ridgeway, Ohio
    I want to try this method also, do you guys stick the toothpick all the way through? Which end first? Does it hit any wiring when you do this?

I stick a wooden tooth pic about half way into the carto's airhole. Just enough to be assured that the hole is totally plugged. I'm not sure that I'd use the plastic ones; some of those are more square-shaped and may not keep out all of the juice.

finaritwo

ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Oct 24, 2012
    boston,ma
    try avid vapor standard length 801 threaded 36mm x 9mm cartomizers and will hold .8-1ml of liquid.$ 8.49 for a 5-pack-2.0ohm , very similiar to Ikv's 801 fusions. As everyone knows Ikv's are always out of stock so my back up are from Avid Vapor or Texas Select Vapor who is a little cheaper at $6.99 for a 5-pack- Boge 801 Fusion Cartomizer Low Resistance 2.2Ω ± .2Ω (5-Pack). I haven't tried Texas Select Vapor yet but I've used Avid Vapor's and they working very well.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 1, 2010
    Maryland
    I have been having awful luck with Smoktech cartos and I have been recommended Ikenvape by someone in the forum.

I don't have any nicotine in my flavors so throat hit isn't something that Im necessarily worrying about but I have a couple of questions before I get some cartos.

I read that with the 801 fusions you get better vapor and taste in comparison to the 510's which are meant to be more 'throaty'. Is this true? (I read it on Ikenvapes website)

Also,

I have a Zmax so I'll need a 510/801 stealth adapter for the threading but between the 801 Fusion and the 510 Platinums, which I hear are 801's with 510 threading, what would you experienced vapers recommend for my tanks?

Correct me if I'm wrong too. Im new to vaping.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread