UK
www.cremedevape.com

Lisaf01

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2009
UK
www.cremedevape.com
Could be. I love silver. I have a bracelet that is ultra fine. It never tarnishes.
Sounds like they might have put a coating on it if it never tarnishes - they often do or alternatively, whatever other metals are in it help with the tarnishing, I don't know. I do have some silver things that have never tarnished as well.... Not entirely sure why.....

My bet is that you womens might know a little more about silver than us mens....
I've done some silversmithing and stuff made with the pure silver always tarnishes, trust me :)

Stormynights

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2009
Bristow, Ok.
Sounds like they might have put a coating on it if it never tarnishes - they often do or alternatively, whatever other metals are in it help with the tarnishing, I don't know. I do have some silver things that have never tarnished as well.... Not entirely sure why.....

I've done some silversmithing and stuff made with the pure silver always tarnishes, trust me :)

Instead of sterling it says 9.999999 It is supposed to be nearly pure silver. It was called ultra fine silver. It is pretty old. I wear it every day. Nothing has worn off and it looks like it did when I first got it.

Last edited:

KonaNeil

ECF Veteran
Jul 29, 2009
Big Island, Hawaii
.... It is supposed to be nearly pure silver. It was called ultra fine silver. It is pretty old. I wear it every day. Nothing has worn off and it looks like it did when I first got it.

The key point is that you do wear it every day. By doing this, you are polishing it. If you left it in a drawer like your mom did with the 'good' silver, you'd have to polish it when you wanted to wear it.

A better reason to not have it made in silver is that silver is rather soft. Unless you planned to leave it on a shelf, its softness combined with the thin walls of the tube would really be asking for trouble. The scars from very small mishaps that happen every day would make it look old quite quickly.

I've been designing in metal for 25 years, mostly in aluminum. This experience gives me a pretty good feel for practicality. My vote would be the titanium. I might also want to look at carbon fiber but I don't know the material very well. Titanium's a real ..... to machine but you get the hardness of steel with the lightness of aluminum and it has a very nice color and sheen.

BTW: Many of my designs are here: <http://www.thetadigital.com/index.shtml>. I'm sending the link because some of the GG's design elements remind me of some of mine (wings, fonts, Greek references). Great minds.....;-)

imeothanasis

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Feb 13, 2009
Athens, Hellas
gg-goldengreek.com
The key point is that you do wear it every day. By doing this, you are polishing it. If you left it in a drawer like your mom did with the 'good' silver, you'd have to polish it when you wanted to wear it.

A better reason to not have it made in silver is that silver is rather soft. Unless you planned to leave it on a shelf, its softness combined with the thin walls of the tube would really be asking for trouble. The scars from very small mishaps that happen every day would make it look old quite quickly.

I've been designing in metal for 25 years, mostly in aluminum. This experience gives me a pretty good feel for practicality. My vote would be the titanium. I might also want to look at carbon fiber but I don't know the material very well. Titanium's a real ..... to machine but you get the hardness of steel with the lightness of aluminum and it has a very nice color and sheen.

BTW: Many of my designs are here: <http://www.thetadigital.com/index.shtml>. I'm sending the link because some of the GG's design elements remind me of some of mine (wings, fonts, Greek references). Great minds.....;-)

Nice post cona, I was thinking of titanium, I stuck on cost!
The reason I want to use aluminium 7075 is this. To earn the hardness of steel with the aluminium weight.
But titanium is harder, so special tools required. But the hard materials are break more easily that the soft ones. So I deside for 7075 after some thoughts about hardness and plasticity of the materials.

great designer!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread