Status
Not open for further replies.

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Soooo word around IkenVape is that there is a new eGo-T that is going to be released, and that is true... Isaac and I have been speaking about this and, well, we'll start with pictures and whatnot. From what I'm told, rounds should be going out to the other beta testers on Monday.

As we are all aware, it's an eGo-T setup. Love 'em or hate 'em, this one is a little different than what we're used to seeing. It's a tank that's been merged with a fat wick CE2. Holds approx 2-2.5ml of juice, vapes at 3.7v, and holds up to my big battery mods just fine. No leaks, major TH, and flavor is very accurate (used IKV RY4 and IKV Mocha Cap in second one). I haven't metered the tank as honestly, I was so excited to get this in the mail today that I just had to fill it and hit it. Only problem is I can't put it down. Battery is still going strong since 4:30pm EST and I've been using it hard since I took it off the charger.

More information to follow -- for now, some pictures... Please note this is still in beta and the final product may be altered.

Attachments

• IMG_20110807_012348.jpg
    IMG_20110807_012348.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 534
  • IMG_20110807_012448.jpg
    IMG_20110807_012448.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 521
  • IMG_20110807_012604.jpg
    IMG_20110807_012604.jpg
    41.5 KB · Views: 499
  • IMG_20110807_012842.jpg
    IMG_20110807_012842.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 481
  • IMG_20110807_014316.jpg
    IMG_20110807_014316.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 449

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
After several hours of vaping and two refills on the tank, you can see very little juice leaks out. This could be from when I had the eGo laying on its side for pictures or typical wicking of the ce2, however I feel it is probably from laying it on its side.

4401a94c-4b7f-281e.jpg

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
They don't really need any modding. I've not had any wicking issues like with CE2 rev 2 (loose strand/skinny wick version). They get a little gunky after roughly 6-8ml and am thinking of a way to clean them.

TH is there. It's not too mild and not too strong. Comparatively speaking, I'd say it's like a 510 with a slightly denser vape / tighter draw. It's noticeable but not overpowering.

caged

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2010
Laurel, MD
I lay my units on their sides all the time (I tend to knock them over when they are standing up and when I'm driving or out and about standing them up isn't always practical). Will juice leak out of the unit doing this? Sorry -- just trying to help you beta test....

Also, do you just replace the carto part and keep the tank when the carto wears out or is it an all in one solution?

Last edited:

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Hasn't leaked at all aside from the few droplets on the underside of the tank. I had it resting on my passenger seat for about 30 minutes and its still dry. Its a solid unit with sleeve covering. The sleeve holds the drip tip and cap. Still going strong on the same tank, at approximately 8ml use.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using Tapatalk

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
I have some questions myself that I am sure other people would love to have answered as well.

So I want to know how this thing holds up as far as VG goes (Im thinking 50% and up). How well does it wick and how long will the unit last before it dies or needs to be maintained? What type of liquids have you been using in it?

How does the preformance compare to the lower voltage eGo device and a big battery mod that runs around 4.2v?

Last one: When this thing kicks the bucket I am assuming that parts cannot be replaced so you must buy a whole new unit?

Thanks for your time :)

loft

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 31, 2011
CT
Juice I'm using is 30% VG in one tank, finding out about juice in second tank (both juices sold by IKV - RY4, and Mocha Capp) - both are wicking perfectly and I used one of the units from 9:30am to 8:30pm then stopped vaping due to being close to OD'ing. Just started again and it's still going. I've filled one of the tanks with approximately 10ml of juice and I haven't had to clean it yet (RY4) and the flavor and TH are the same as when I took my first pull from the tank.

Performance surpasses the original 3.2v ego on all levels. Flavor, TH, Vapor production are on par if not better than a 3.7v mod. It's 3.7v and the tanks are rated at 2.0ohms so it's averaging roughly 6.8 watts of power. It's not as strong as a 2.0ohm atty/carto on the 4.2v device... but that's to be expected because the device doesn't output 4.2v

Isaac will have to elaborate on the last question. It does not look to be user replaceable internals but it will have to be confirmed.

Scorched

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2010
Denver, Colorado
Thank you for the information loft. I really can't wait to try these out once I get the chance to purchase one (or three). I have been looking for a good tank to use at work rather than cartomizers, and if it works on a smaller device such as the eGo that would be yet another plus because I don't like to use clunky devices while I am at work.

It is just so wonderful the types of things Isaacs' great mind can ponder up and I am always anxious to try them.

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
Let us know about the leaking...that's my biggest concern. I take it that these are similar to the giantomizer that was a total fail? I hope Iken has the problems worked out.

A point to note here... these units were acquired from a company as is, not Isaac's invention. This is why they are being tested at this point. What the future holds will be up to Isaac to decide after thorough testing has been carried out on these units. One thing for sure is that he will not stock 'em if they are not worthy of being IKV :)

Switched

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Feb 18, 2010
Dartmouth, NS Canada
I have some questions myself that I am sure other people would love to have answered as well.

So I want to know how this thing holds up as far as VG goes (Im thinking 50% and up). How well does it wick and how long will the unit last before it dies or needs to be maintained? What type of liquids have you been using in it?

How does the preformance compare to the lower voltage eGo device and a big battery mod that runs around 4.2v?

Last one: When this thing kicks the bucket I am assuming that parts cannot be replaced so you must buy a whole new unit?

Thanks for your time :)

Depending on how BETA testing goes, I am sure that spare items will be available should the units be worthy of a place on the shelf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread