I'm a button masher

Status
Not open for further replies.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
I'm not sure if this is an original idea and it probably isn't but I solved my button mashing problem today. While browsing the hardware store today it struck me that I should place a couple of O rings under my aluminum button as a stop. The sizes I got work with my flat top or button top batteries. Now my heavy thumb won't get me in trouble. Anyone else share my genius?

pennysmalls

Squonkmeister
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 26, 2013
Indiana
I'm not sure if this is an original idea and it probably isn't but I solved my button mashing problem today. While browsing the hardware store today it struck me that I should place a couple of O rings under my aluminum button as a stop. The sizes I got work with my flat top or button top batteries. Now my heavy thumb won't get me in trouble. Anyone else share my genius?

That is an awesome solution for button mashing and one that I've never seen mentioned here. I think you've come up with a winning idea here.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither

Your genius has holes in it (one in each o-ring). ;)

Sounds like a great cure.

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Not sure of the size, sorry. They were loose in bins by the plumbing department. I popped the button off and tried a few to see what would fit and got several thickness's. They were only .40 cents a piece so I bought more sizes than I needed. The thickness is critical so buy enough to get it right the first time.:)

I have one under the Magma too but it's a larger diameter.

Last edited:

Quigsworth

Just some guy...
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 25, 2011
The Republic of Cascadia
With Robs S/O firing leaf you really shouldn't have to worry about mashing (unlike the old leaf)...the "curl" at the end is tougher than you think...once you bottom out the button/leaf against the batt. terminal, all you do is compress the spring...meh, you're not hurting anything...

but the o ring idea doesn't hurt :toast:

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Not sure of the size, sorry. They were loose in bins by the plumbing department. I popped the button off and tried a few to see what would fit and got several thickness's. They were only .40 cents a piece so I bought more sizes than I needed. The thickness is critical so buy enough to get it right the first time.:)

Excellent idea! I tried it, and it works great! I used an o-ring from a Protank replaceable coil head.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
With Robs S/O firing leaf you really shouldn't have to worry about mashing (unlike the old leaf)...the "curl" at the end is tougher than you think...once you bottom out the button/leaf against the batt. terminal, all you do is compress the spring...meh, you're not hurting anything...

:danger: Already been busted off and/or bent by more than one hoople.

but the o ring idea doesn't hurt :toast:

And that's the truth.

chairs_edithann2.jpg

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
Over time, pre-REO, I collected a pile of now unused atomizers. I threw all the extra o-rings in a jar. I read the OP and dug out that jar. I found a ring that fit and this tip works. Generally I am not a masher but sometimes I am, it depends on what is going on. If I am tense - I mash, with this o-ring I can just vape on without concern. I recommend this to all.

Thanks very much for your post, K31.

Paramaniac413

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 2, 2014
South Central PA

That looks like it would be great for those of us who like a little bit of a 'feel' to buttons. Cool idea!

K31Scout

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2014
Northern MI USA
Over time, pre-REO, I collected a pile of now unused atomizers. I threw all the extra o-rings in a jar. I read the OP and dug out that jar. I found a ring that fit and this tip works. Generally I am not a masher but sometimes I am, it depends on what is going on. If I am tense - I mash, with this o-ring I can just vape on without concern. I recommend this to all.

Thanks very much for your post, K31.

You are welcome. I'm glad to share something useful here instead of my usual bs!:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread