• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm a recovering tobacco-holic and this is my confession...

Status
Not open for further replies.

VapGeek

Verified Member
Oct 11, 2015
Local
Ho sey! Limpeh sinseh.. thats the problem... I was licking my bellus when she is dripping with juice.. too much vg in my diet.

Btw. U do realllllly sound like a doc. I trust your advice... Will drink more water.

Dude, u r hardcore sia! Licking ur juice! I spit out if I find the spit back is too much.

ahmadmfz

ECF Veteran
Dec 9, 2014
red dot
Smoker for close to 6 solid years. 15-30 sticks a day. Started vaping...ego sticks, vivi novas. Stopped awhile as it didn't have the right kick. A friend pointed me to the right direction and here I am. I do not smoke unless I am with my friends and they offer me cigarettes. I rarely buy my own pack because if i do I take more than 2 weeks to finish them.

Vaping has its price and unfortunately for us it is a high one. At least it isn't as harmful as our old ways. I like that my breath is nice now or how my room smells nicer than Yankee candles. Great thread cloudy. Good luck to everyone here :)

Darkangel

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 2, 2013
Gotham City
Smoker for close to 6 solid years. 15-30 sticks a day. Started vaping...ego sticks, vivi novas. Stopped awhile as it didn't have the right kick. A friend pointed me to the right direction and here I am. I do not smoke unless I am with my friends and they offer me cigarettes. I rarely buy my own pack because if i do I take more than 2 weeks to finish them.

Vaping has its price and unfortunately for us it is a high one. At least it isn't as harmful as our old ways. I like that my breath is nice now or how my room smells nicer than Yankee candles. Great thread cloudy. Good luck to everyone here :)
Those were the days of vivi nova with Dekang and liqua, can't forget the days trying to get it close to analog replacement

Sent from Gotham City using Tapatalk

Reactions: Falconeer

Libertarian101

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2014
everywhere
Was never a heavy smoker, more of social smoker (hanging out with friends having a few drinks). Then got into vaping, and by far I prefer this over analogs. Went on a trip recently where vaping wasn't allowed, so ended up buying my old poison Lucky Strike. Whole time I was smoking, was telling the wifey that I missed my vape. It's just better all around, no stink, no heavy feeling in the lungs after etc etc. Am grateful this vaping came along.

anotherchap

Oct 27, 2015
Big tobacco will not get another dollar out of me!!.......

Hopefully......
Amen! I am still halfway there....during the past week, I was constantly outside, and my tank is not working properly due to my own incompetence in wicking and coil building, I fell back on analogs for a bit

Reactions: cloudysheep

goodvapesonly

Verified Member
Dec 10, 2015
London, ON
Hey friends,

I have been on this forum for a few days now but I have to admit I'm coming to visit and read up on some advice every now and then throughout the day.

I shared my story with the ECF friends on the main forums, but I thought this would be an appropriate thread to post this too, to encourage the local folks and friends around me. Keep in mind some of the content below are meant as an insight for foreigners who don't know much about the legal issues related to vaping in our country.

So here goes.

Let me start off by introducing myself:

I'm 25, and have been a regular smoker for about 5 years. In some parts of the world it isn't considered heavy to be smoking at least 4 packs of 20s a week, but that's what I have been doing for half a decade.

I have been trying to get off the nasty cancer sticks on and off, all without much success. The most I've ever been off analogs was a week, after which I began to smoke intensively for the immediate day after. I began to lose faith in myself and trust in whether I could actually eventually quit. I don't believe in quitting for an S.O./anyone, because quitting shouldn't be contingent on a person, it should be based on personal conviction. Additionally, if that relationship sours, I'll definitely go back to smoking again.

Fast forward to about a month ago, I started on my first PV, and I began to substitute cancer sticks for plumes of flavoured vapour. Granted, there were still times I relented and grabbed a stick from one of my friends, but if you'd allow me, I would like to share some personal victories:

1. I stopped buying my own packet of cigarettes from the day I started
2. The times I slipped I smoked only because it was a social event
3. It's been about 6 days and 22 hours since my last cigarette, and I'm hoping that number grows.

I guess I'm nowhere near some of these achievements I see in the forum, where people are completely off cigarettes, but no one said it was going to be easy. It's an uphill battle, but I'm very glad I found this new hobby and I hope people who wish to quit will find this a useful way to wean off analogs.

Bear with me, this is where things are difficult for me.

As you all know, I'm from Singapore, and in just 2 more days (!!), the government will completely ban possession of electronic cigarettes.

Previously, only those who were suspected of selling PVs/juices/etc. were fined. But in less than a week, even us vapers who only possess a PV for personal use will be clamped down upon, hard.

If you keep up with our local news, you would know that every once in a while a news piece comes up bashing e-cigarettes/vaping as harmful (Harvard released a study about diacetyl) and hazardous (an unusual emphasis on a Japanese article that proved 'dangerous levels of formaldehyde released by vape products, but failed to mention it wasn't peer-reviewed). This - we feel - is part of the authority's efforts to create a conducive environment for them to effectively phase out vaping out of Singapore's society completely.

So here I am, someone who really wishes to quit smoking, living under what seems like a dystopian society for a vaper, and struggling to replenish my accompanying paraphernalia, because even our neighbours will ban the sale of such products come 1 Jan.

Oh, and hello everyone, it's great to find at least a digital platform to talk to people about vaping especially when it should be a closed-door affair here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread