I'm an ANTZ, you're an ANTZ, kiss me!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steam Turbine

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
May 3, 2013
Montreal Quebec Canada
:danger:Disclaimer: This is a rant... It will not sit well with a bunch of people and I'll be called a troll for stirring this pot. So put a bag of popcorn in the microwave, here we go.

I am tired of folks slinging out the ANTZ gun every single time that someone says something that they don't agree with. Classic example:

"I think that vaping in a, b or c location shouldn't be allowed for x, y or z reason."

As soon as someone says something like that, the anti-ANTZ Gestapo very rapidly puts to an end any kind of intelligent conversation that may or may not arise by calling out the guy or girl who stated his or her opinion as a vile, disgusting, stupid, death-mongering ANTZ.

When opinions differs, I think it's great, it engages people in a stimulating conversation. It forces both parties to think there arguments through, maybe someone will change their opinion or maybe it will reinforce it. And THIS IS A GOOD THING!!!

But when people take the lame and easy exit ANTZ card, it marks the end of the conversation and the beginning of name calling which is anything but constructive.

Sure they are ANTZ out there, but not THAT many on this forum.

End rant happy valentines day!

:vapor::vapor:

beckdg

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 1, 2013
TN

Brenda-Meeks-Scared-Popcorn-Gif-In-Scary-Movie.gif

Topacka

ECF Veteran
Jan 8, 2014
Seattle
I don't understand why "adults" are creating these child like names to describe, or identify anyone, or anything. I don't know what "antz" are, and I don't care to find out.
Anti-nicotine and tobacco zealots

To OP- I completely agree with you. But, when somebody brings up something like that (or something else, age, gender, race (think china)) it just goes to show how much actual ammunition they have for their argument and have resorted to disrespectful (or untrue) low blows.

Dandreid

ECF Veteran
Dec 6, 2013
Santa Fe, NM, USA
I personally love intelligent conversations and debates. Yes, I can get very passionate about my opinions, but I do realize that they are opinions. I hate it when people get so defensive about their opinions (yes, I am guilty of this at times and always feel bad about it 10 minutes after I have done it, lol).

Without discussion, we will never change anyone's mind, and we have no chance of changing our own opinions when they turn out to be wrong.

Nikkita6

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 7, 2011
New York
I personally love intelligent conversations and debates. Yes, I can get very passionate about my opinions, but I do realize that they are opinions. I hate it when people get so defensive about their opinions (yes, I am guilty of this at times and always feel bad about it 10 minutes after I have done it, lol).

Without discussion, we will never change anyone's mind, and we have no chance of changing our own opinions when they turn out to be wrong.

I found you to be the least defensive person I have ever had a differing opinion, and discussion with. :)

ScottP

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Houston, TX
I agree that not everyone that is for some restrictions is an ANTZ however most people realize that if we give the real ANTZ an inch, they will take a mile. If we concede that we shouldn't vape in say a restaurant because the smell may not be appealing to other dinners, the ANTZ will then use the same argument to ban vaping in any public place. If we agree juice shouldn't be sold to minors, ANTZ will use that concession to ban internet sales since age can't really be verified online like it can in person. We have to be very careful as to what we are willing to concede to the real ANTZ.

trisha422t

Feb 11, 2014
wisconsin
I so agree with that said ....my dad was a smoker for over 40+ years he had to have heart surgry the doc told him if he had 1 more stinky he prob wouldn't make the surgery so he quit out of self preservation that was about 25 years ago and he has become the biggest ANTZ i know it is so annoying when exsmokers are so mean to smokers and vapors

Rossum

Eleutheromaniac
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 14, 2013
SE PA
I am tired of folks slinging out the ANTZ gun every single time that someone says something that they don't agree with. Classic example:

"I think that vaping in a, b or c location shouldn't be allowed for x, y or z reason."

As soon as someone says something like that
Nah, that doesn't make someone an ANTZ, it just makes them excessively authoritarian.

Unless a location is yours (by virtue of the fact that you own it, or the owners have somehow delegated their rights to you, for example by leasing it to you or by appointing you to manage that place) what business is it of yours whether vaping is or isn't allowed there?

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
Anti-nicotine and tobacco zealots

To OP- I completely agree with you. But, when somebody brings up something like that (or something else, age, gender, race (think china)) it just goes to show how much actual ammunition they have for their argument and have resorted to disrespectful (or untrue) low blows.

I agree. I absolutely DESPISE "zealots" of any and all persuasions, they're usually so ignorant it's pathetic. And the anti-smoking ones are the most annoying of all; I think I'd rather have bible-toters on my front porch at 8am than have to deal with the anti-smokers in any fashion. But it seems very obvious to me that EVERYTHING has a proper time and place, and hey, we don't really know for sure if some of these e-vapors might have traces in them that some people are deathly allergic to -- nuts, fruits, even tobacco itself. I might find those people trying in the extreme, but would I want to kill someone because I just couldn't be bothered to abstain, or move elsewhere? I sure would not. And throwing name-bombs at people in no way addresses the actual problem of idiots trying to tell the world that e-cigs are as dangerous as real burning cigarettes. If *we* act like idiots about vaping, THOSE idiots will feel justified in whatever stupid laws they can think up, and it might even be argued that we will have deserved it.

Andria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread