I'm back again

Status
Not open for further replies.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
Dec 1, 2010
Brigantine, NJ
Started vaping 2008, did well, guit the stinkies for over 8 years. Not proud of myself, but went back to stinkers.
I got dissatisfied with not getting enough flavor, I'm a true flavorholic.
Had 2 provaris, one got lost, got the kabuki on the other, flavor is disappointing. Actually had decent flavor from the dolphin pod system, but all 3 of my dolphins died within a couple weeks. Had so many things, eleaf was decent for a while.
That was a few years back & now there's so many new products that I'm veclempt.
Can anyone recommend something that excels in delivering flavor, please? Many thanx!

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
Started vaping 2008, did well, guit the stinkies for over 8 years. Not proud of myself, but went back to stinkers.
I got dissatisfied with not getting enough flavor, I'm a true flavorholic.
Had 2 provaris, one got lost, got the kabuki on the other, flavor is disappointing. Actually had decent flavor from the dolphin pod system, but all 3 of my dolphins died within a couple weeks. Had so many things, eleaf was decent for a while.
That was a few years back & now there's so many new products that I'm veclempt.
Can anyone recommend something that excels in delivering flavor, please? Many thanx!

Start building (BF RDA), and start squonking if you want a true flavor chaser..

Topside is my favorite regulated squonker... and im just in love with the vapefly galaxies MTL BF RDA..

Although, there are some newer RTA's that come close to a good BF RDA, but most still slightly miss the mark...

So that's my recommendation. (I use SS Clapton wire) Welcome back to ECF...

ShowMeTwice

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 28, 2016
The Forest
Hi Thymetraveler and welcome back.

I totally agree with @Opinionated. You will be hard pressed to beat an RDA and squonker for flavor.

We can help you with building and wicking. It is much easier on an RDA versus an RTA. Once you do it a couple times it's a breeze.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Flavor is subjective but in my experience, if you want mega flavor, you have to use a rebuildable and build it for flavor.

Short tanks have short chimneys and therefore provide great flavor. But short tanks will also mean small juice capacity. The way around that is to buy short tanks that are 24-25mm in width and/or bubble glass. These wider tanks are very popular now but they will overhang on your old 22mm mods. In the case of 22mm mods that have a protruding battery cap on the top of the mod, like the Eleaf Istick Pico 75W mod or the Vaporesso Swag I mod, any tank over 22mm won't even fit.

That said, MTL vapers who are not into rebuildables seem to love the Innokin Zenith and Innokin Zlide tanks.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Aug 19, 2015
    My Mountain
    Thank you for your response.
    Is there an option without rebuilding?

I second what @Letitia said, the Innokin Zenith or Zlide should work for you... Innokin I believe has submitted a PMTA on both, although that's no guarantee that either of them will get FDA approval, but they'll be around for a while yet either way.

I do think you should try a squonker and an RDA though, less hassle than you'd think...

bnrkwest

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Sep 6, 2011
    Somewhere out there
    I like zenith tanks and drop in coils for easy. Flavor is best for me with Kayfun rebuilables. The Kayfun 2019 I like but my fav is KFL+. Building is not hard, wicking is the fiddly part, but not bad. Still drop in coils are the easiest. I'm using a Zlide on a Geekvape Solo at the moment.

Coyote628

Ultra Member
    Supporting Member
    ECF Veteran
    Contest Winner!
    Sep 16, 2017
    For non rebuildable drop in coils, mesh is the way to go. Fireluke makes several tanks with mesh coils that have a fair amount of popularity. I like my fireluke 2 enough that I went and bought a second one. Mesh coils put more metal in contact with the wicking material. This allows for more juice to be vaporized, thus more flavor, and also adds to the overall longevity of the wicking. If you go that route, I dont think you'll be disappointed. Falcon is another mesh tank, and vaporesso NRG is another I use that I like a lot. They all perform very similarly.

Reactions: stols001

the wind

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Feb 12, 2012
    alabama
    Flavor is subjective but in my experience, if you want mega flavor, you have to use a rebuildable and build it for flavor.

Short tanks have short chimneys and therefore provide great flavor. But short tanks will also mean small juice capacity.
    not mtl but here is my work around. you can use the 120 on the gear.:D

tj99959

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
  • Aug 13, 2011
    utah
    IMO new gear is not the answer for getting better flavor. (read my signature)

Learn how to use what you have is!!

I don't own a single product that is even made anymore, and I enjoy great flavors.

I will tell you this though; the day I learned to DIY my own liquids, the flavor issues became a thing of the past.

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    I'd like to use what I have as one recommended, but can't get them disassembled. Soaked what I could in everclear, no luck.

If you can't get your tanks apart, try putting them in the freezer for about 10 minutes or so. This will make the metal constrict. This might allow you to get them unscrewed.

Also, a couple pairs of pliers using folded rags for cushion so as to not damage the tanks is always an option. I have done this many times. Just don't clamp down on any glass or plastic.

Rubber palmed gloves are a good tool too. Not nitrile. Nitrile doesn't have the grip on metal that robber does. I have several pairs of these gloves around the house to increase my strength and one of them is a dedicated pair just for vape gear. I guess you'd call them vloves :lol:

UncLeJunkLe

ECF Guru
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Nov 29, 2010
    Clown World, USA
    Given it a lot of thought, really don't want to rebuild. I do so very much appreciate the time everyone put into responding.
    Any max flavor options without rebuilding?
    Also, never sub ohmed, do I need to take a course in sub ohm 101?

You don't need to sub ohm for flavor. For instance, I am currently using a serpent mini and the flavor is so intense I sometimes wonder if I actually like that much flavor lol. My coil is 1.2 ohms. 15watts. The flavor is because it's a short tank with a short chimney and I have the coil up as high as I can place it without shorting it. Of course, it is a rebuildable tank.

Then I have a uwell crown mini with RBA coiled to 1.1 ohms, 15 watts. Also lots of flavor. Again, short tank with short chimney and coil placed high.

Sub ohm vaping can increase flavor due to the increase in heat, but it's not really needed IMHO.

Now on the other hand if you need/prefer warm vapor, then sub-ohm vaping is something you'll need to look into for sure.

thymetraveler

ECF Veteran
    Dec 1, 2010
    Brigantine, NJ
    If you can't get your tanks apart, try putting them in the freezer for about 10 minutes or so. This will make the metal constrict. This might allow you to get them unscrewed.

Also, a couple pairs of pliers using folded rags for cushion so as to not damage the tanks is always an option. I have done this many times. Just don't clamp down on any glass or plastic.

Rubber palmed gloves are a good tool too. Not nitrile. Nitrile doesn't have the grip on metal that robber does. I have several pairs of these gloves around the house to increase my strength and one of them is a dedicated pair just for vape gear. I guess you'd call them vloves :lol:

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread