Im considering a 5V mod. Help point me in the right direction.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
The only one at 5v that springs to mind tube style is a GLV, only other options is to get a Buzz which is an electronic variable voltage device. Or you can do what i do, use a Regulator / Terminator adapter on any 6v mod to get 5v. I use those adapters on all my mechanical GG mods.

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
I see, so who sells that adapter? Im fine with any device that will allow 5V vaping.

And who sells the buzz?

Im truly a mod noob and need links or sites or something.

And suggestions, still. I have neither studied nor learned this part (the world of mods) yet.

Well.... if you want something simple, and mechanical with nothing to fail inside, then the GGTB is a favorite amongst many right now at 73 bux, it is only 3.7v and 6v / 7.4v with just the standard batteries. But that's how all mechanical mods are.

The Regulator adapter you can use for 5v on any 6v mod is available at Nhaler for about 20 bux, or if you want to fine-tune the voltage you can get the terminator adapter from Notcigs but it's 40 bux.

The Buzz is quite ugly looking but it does contain electronics so it's not quite as robust as a mechanical mod, it's on sale for 99 bux at some places. but you can tweak the voltage to your liking with a mini screwdriver.

Or you can just buy a cheap 5v plastic box mod for about 30 bux :D

The GLV is 5v as standard but for some reason i can't stand the look of it.

All depends what your budget is, and if you definitely want 5v. I use 3.3ohm cartos which are higher resistance at 6v so it's not burnt tasting, gives me more like a 5v hit.

OR... just use a mod at 3.7v with low resistance cartos / attys, that simulates 5v, and it's a much better hit than using say an eGo.

Last edited:

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
The Buzz is quiet ugly.....This black beauty sitting beside me laughs at that statement...Black tube, knurled, brass end caps, black Mega 808 that's drip tipped.....All that equals a fine looking mod... Then trigger it and vape.....There's the real beauty!!!! Never mind the fact you don't have to polish it to keep it looking good...Previously I was puffing a GGTS...It's still in the drawer...Needing a good polish.....Durability wise this Buzz has been through the daily grind at the body shop...it's met the concrete more than a few times...it not only fires every time...it's UNSCARRED!! Not one tiny scratch visible anywhere...Heck it rides the ATV, and Harley...I dropped it in the sand atty deep down at the beach...It's been out in the boat all over the Atlantic and never once skipped a beat.. I left home around 6pm and stabbed in a set of fresh batteries on my way out...It's 1:30 am now and I've chain vaped the whole time...Still on that same set of batteries... I've got a BB, SB and a GGTS, all retired...Thanks to the Buzz.....Join the Buzz Army you;ll be more than glad you did..

NotCigs is where you'll find the Buzz...Check out the Buzz forum here on ECF...The Buzz comes in a variety of hard anodized colors..Easy to keep clean and past durable...I love the anodizing.. The stable mate to the Buzz is set for sale on 1/3/11...The Infinity....You said you wanted stainless.. It isn't stainless but it can be had in Chrome...or anodized black!!! That is my choice...NotCigs is having a raffle so register for a free one to be awarded on the 25th...I'm on the waiting list for the Infinity...If you want the best hands down check it out...Tell `em El Dee sent you!!

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
The Buzz is quiet ugly.....This black beauty sitting beside me laughs at that statement...Black tube, knurled, brass end caps, black Mega 808 that's drip tipped.....All that equals a fine looking mod... Then trigger it and vape.....There's the real beauty!!!! Never mind the fact you don't have to polish it to keep it looking good...Previously I was puffing a GGTS...It's still in the drawer...Needing a good polish.....Durability wise this Buzz has been through the daily grind at the body shop...it's met the concrete more than a few times...it not only fires every time...it's UNSCARRED!! Not one tiny scratch visible anywhere...Heck it rides the ATV, and Harley...I dropped it in the sand atty deep down at the beach...It's been out in the boat all over the Atlantic and never once skipped a beat.. I left home around 6pm and stabbed in a set of fresh batteries on my way out...It's 1:30 am now and I've chain vaped the whole time...Still on that same set of batteries... I've got a BB, SB and a GGTS, all retired...Thanks to the Buzz.....Join the Buzz Army you;ll be more than glad you did..

NotCigs is where you'll find the Buzz...Check out the Buzz forum here on ECF...The Buzz comes in a variety of hard anodized colors..Easy to keep clean and past durable...I love the anodizing.. The stable mate to the Buzz is set for sale on 1/3/11...The Infinity....You said you wanted stainless.. It isn't stainless but it can be had in Chrome...or anodized black!!! That is my choice...NotCigs is having a raffle so register for a free one to be awarded on the 25th...I'm on the waiting list for the Infinity...If you want the best hands down check it out...Tell `em El Dee sent you!!

I see you're the adventurous type, so what are you gonna do when you drop it in water and it ruins the electronics ?

I'm actually the opposite to you, my GGTS is my main vape, locking button, adjustable airflow, adjusts to battery sizes, all mechanical, the Buzz has none of those features i need, and if you have the nickel plated one then you don't need to polish it. I have owned a Buzz but i have a Terminator adapter so i get the perks of variable voltage on all my mechanical mods, there was no reason to keep it.

But yeah it's all personal opinion !!

Firefly13

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
May 24, 2010
Oklahoma, USA
www.blackvelvetjuice.com
The Infinity is really sweet looking. And its VV? I want it haha. The Buzz is good, but id prefer a mod with no gold/brass on it. So all the popular mods are 6V huh?

Usually 3.7v / 6v...

The Infinity is quite sweet and it's only about 100 bux for the full kit which is quite cheap, but after seeing it on video it's bigger than i wanted it to be, i'll still get one anyway to add to the collection.

El Dee

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 1, 2010
DIXIE
Actually a couple of Buzzes have been in the drink...The PCB is sealed...It is suggested to dry it out before vaping...Yes the Infinity is variable voltage with an easy to adjust thumb wheel..The Buzz requires a little screwdriver to adjust...Not a problem as my Buzz has been on @4.6 volts forever..It is a perfect match for a 808 Mega Carto there...An SLB 901 does fine at that setting too..The biggest advantage I saw with the Buzz....No drop in voltage thru the battery cycle...constant start to stop voltage gives my atties much more life...End caps are available in chrome..There's a pic of an all chrome Infinity on the site....I'm sticking with black and brass....

Now don't get me wrong the GGTS never failed once either...Side by side I'd give the Buzz the nod in the looks department...But I can see how others would go with the GG..I too was skeptical of the Buzz due too electronics...I waited a while...Truthfully I vape like a madman...I smoked @50/60 Marlboro Lights per day...So far and its been 6 months or better the Buzz has kept pace. I was happy with the GG...The Silver Bullet was a bit is a bit on the fat side...The Black Bullet is nicely sized but a 14500....well keep one in your pocket...and keep the spring clean..I hear thru the grapevine my old friend Imeo has a variable in the works...Bottom line the GGTS was expensive,the BB and SB are priced very close + or - to the Infinity and Buzz..I've got all the PVs listed here...well no Infinity as I declined beta testing...They all work just fine...Durability and performance wise I'll stick with the Buzz...

Heartisan

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 30, 2010
North Cali
Whatever you choose - go for the variable voltage. :)
For me, 3.7v doesn't have much throat hit, and 6v makes my juices taste burnt. There was a poll on Notcigs that showed the "sweet spot" favorite was 4.5v.
I have tried just about everything under $200 (love the Classifieds section here!), but the Buzz is my clear favorite. It's survived many drops on concrete, and even a dunk in the dog's water bowl. :facepalm:
I like my Saber touch vv almost as much, but since the Buzz is smaller it travels with me.
:vapor:

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread