Im considering buying ecig to couple family members for cristmas. Some details in post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
If I was to upgrade someone from what your people are using it would be to this here :

$51.23 (Free Shipping) Authentic Aspire Nautilus Mini Clearo + CF VV 1000mAh Premium Kit (Nautilus Mini/CF VV, 1000mAh, Black, US) at m.FastTech.com

It's a pricier kit, but that's because it actually works and is good and even though newer stuff comes out this is so popular and effective that there has never been a price drop and production has never ceased because sales have never diminished.

There are reasons it's better than an aio or a fixed wattage battery... yet still not complicated or difficult to use.

The kit comes with everything. .

That's what I'd get.

Runner up due to cost considerations is this:

$19.17 (Free Shipping) Authentic Vaporesso Drizzle Vaping 1000mAh E-Cigarette Starter Kit (Drizzle Vaping, Black) at m.FastTech.com

Last edited:
  • Useful
Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I am in the same boat as y'all with my hubby :( I never push him (out loud) but am there whenever he brings it up. I think some folks are just destined to never make the switch. A couple of my neighbors are amazed that it worked for me because it didn't for them. I think it could have had they really really wanted it to. I would be thrilled to help them but they have to come to me. So far they haven't even though I offered.

I think the 'who' will actually make the full switch is a thing unable to be predicted.

My SIL was vaping part-time and her husband not at all... she was having problems with the ego aio kit, and asked me for suggestions so I gave her a vision spinner kit with the t3s tank. It worked for her.

Her husband however had made no indication that he would ever quit smoking, but she wanted him to at least cut down because of health and cost - so she bought him a vision spinner kit too... he has now both quit smoking AND quit vaping.. and it didn't take him a year!

I think we just never know really, heck I thought buying him a kit was little more than a waste of money.. Hahaha. Now I just look at him in awe.

Last edited:

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
My husband won't either. His 54th birthday is coming up and I'm giving him the mech mod I got then. He will likely be rather upset, but he's still getting it. He's 10 years older and I really do NOT wish him to die before me and the way he is smoking now-- a pretend quit I call it--is so unhealthy, (rollies). It sucks.

Anna

Make sure you check the resistance before handing it to him. Unless he has giant life insurance and you just really really need to get some more vape stuff.

Reactions: Opinionated

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
I think the best option to offer a smoker a pod mod. They're affordable, no headache, no maintenance option. A Juul could work out really well. All you do is insert the juice cartridges. Yes, it is way more expensive to buying all that plastic cartridges, but if someone actually stops, it will be easier to show them a cheaper way to vape now that they know it works.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member

I think who actually makes the full switch is weird. .

My SIL was vaping part-time and her husband not at all... she was having problems with the ego aio kit, and asked me for suggestions so I gave her a vision spinner kit with the t3s tank. It worked for her.

Her husband however had made no indication that he would ever quit smoking, but she wanted him to at least cut down because of health and cost - so she bought him a vision spinner kit too... he has now both quit smoking AND quit vaping.. and it didn't take him a year!

I think we just never know really, heck I thought buying him a kit was little more than a waste of money.. Hahaha. Now I just look at him in awe.
I guess I just need more coffee (although I have already gone through a pot and a half) but I don't understand what you are saying in that first sentence o_O

Reactions: stols001

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I guess I just need more coffee (although I have already gone through a pot and a half) but I don't understand what you are saying in that first sentence o_O

Perhaps strange is a better word. Weird as in strange, or odd, or perplexing. ..

This is me trying not to use big words no one can understand. I used elucidate (properly in a sentence) a few days ago and got made fun of... so I'm trying to use English that everyone understands.

Reactions: mattiem

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Perhaps strange is a better word. Weird as in strange, or odd, or perplexing. ..
I think I see what you are saying. Maybe there are more that try and don't make a total switch than there are that give up the smokes completely. So we total switchers are the weird/strange/unusual ones?

Opinionated

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2015
My Mountain
I think I see what you are saying. Maybe there are more that try and don't make a total switch than there are that give up the smokes completely. So we total switchers are the weird/strange/unusual ones?

No... we aren't weird for making a full switch - it is that we cannot accurately predict who will take to vaping and who won't - there are no real outward signs. There are those who say they have the full desire to quit who never take to vaping enough to quit smoking, and those who we don't think will ever quit smoking at all who exceed all expectations when handed a vape.

I'm in the latter category personally - my son laughed when i told him i was going to try vaping to get off the smokes. He laughed and said it'll never happen.

mattiem

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
No... we aren't weird for making a full switch - it is that we cannot accurately predict who will take to vaping and who won't - there are no real outward signs. There are those who say they have the full desire to quit who never take to vaping enough to quit smoking, and those who we don't think will ever quit smoking at all who exceed all expectations when handed a vape.
Ah Ha....gotcha :D and you are right. I have read so many testimonials right here from folks that are totally surprised that they quit smoking. there are those that only wanted something to tide them over in places where they couldn't smoke and one day they discovered that the hadn't smoked in XXX number of days. Even they couldn't predict what would happen.

stols001

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 30, 2017
@Eskie my husband is an engineer, he actually built and installed my first coil for him. He knows everything, though I will have him read the mech mod primer IF he decides to use it. I actually got it because I thought he would have fun playing with it, so I won't be saying much at first, probably running and ducking for cover, but it's a gorgeous antique mech mod and he likes fiddling with stuff and learning it, scored it off the classies for an unbeatable price. The thing will play to his strengths, trust me. But, I won't let him blow himself up, no.

Anna

Eskie

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 6, 2016
NY
@Eskie my husband is an engineer, he actually built and installed my first coil for him. He knows everything, though I will have him read the mech mod primer IF he decides to use it. I actually got it because I thought he would have fun playing with it, so I won't be saying much at first, probably running and ducking for cover, but it's a gorgeous antique mech mod and he likes fiddling with stuff and learning it, scored it off the classies for an unbeatable price. The thing will play to his strengths, trust me. But, I won't let him blow himself up, no.

Anna

Good news. There is a reflex here to try and keep someone started with a mech. But it sounds like your husband a good handle on things, so why not?

Dturp

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 23, 2013
Okc
For me when I finally made the full switch to vaping 2 things were key in being successful. 1 was actually desiring to quit smoking. The second was finding flavors that appealed to me more than a cigarette. I'm going on 4.5 years smoke free. I still vape but very little nicotine. My flavor choices have remained consistent that whole time. So not only a reliable mod but also give a person a wide variety of flavors to try.

Richard-D

Jan 23, 2017
London, UK
Ex long-time menthol filter rolling tobacco smoker here. I used menthol filters for about the last 20 years of my time as a smoker.

In general, what a menthol cigarette smoker wants is the nicotine & chemical cocktail brain rush but without a strong tobacco flavour. That's the reason they smoke menthol cigs, in my opinion. If you can make or find a recipe with the right level of nicotine and the appropriate level of menthol, it may be easier than you think to get the menthol cig smoker to quit or cut down.

When I was a smoker, I tried sub-ohm vaping a friend's raspberry and menthol juice and liked it straight away. I quit tobacco a couple of months after starting vaping. I had no real desire or will to quit smoking, it just happened because I started to hate the taste of tobacco after vaping for two months.

I make my own juices and the menthol flavour I use is Arctic Winter by FlavourArt. By making my own juice I can get exactly the level of menthol and nicotine hit that I want. I add fruit flavours because menthol on its own is just boring.

FlavourArt make quite a lot of different tobacco flavour concentrates for making your own recipes, as well as 'Ready to Vape' tobacco flavours with nicotine already in them, but I don't use the tobacco flavours myself.
EU website: www.flavourart.com/en/
UK website: www.flavourart.co.uk

You can also buy five 4 ml flavour samplers for £10.50 for mixing with PG/VG/nicotine yourself.

Elucidated?

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
I tried a solution but it's messy.
I had a friend who quit smoking by putting the contents of a full ashtray into a glass bottle (she used a baby jar) and adding some water.

Every time she wanted a smoke, she opened up the jar and took a couple of strong wiffs. It worked for her.

CMD-Ky

Highly Esteemed Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 15, 2013
KY
I tried that, after a a couple days, I just walked by the bottle to the pack. If I had been more motivated the bottle might have worked - it was pretty nasty.

I had a friend who quit smoking by putting the contents of a full ashtray into a glass bottle (she used a baby jar) and adding some water.

Every time she wanted a smoke, she opened up the jar and took a couple of strong wiffs. It worked for her.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread