Should I buy this for a family member? LOL...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vicshalls

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 3, 2013
Houston, TX
Lmao about the switch. If you get the wrong one the first time they go pick it and beat you harder for them having to do it. Lol
Danbrooks2k:15029323 said:
I think you should give her your VTR.....

Dude... i would give her my Provari, I would give her my Dovpo, one of my CF SUB batteries and an Atlantis. I would buy her a brand new VTR.

You dont understand... I am a 44 year old full grown man, and this 75 year old woman has threatened me with a switch ( for you not raised in the south, that is a skinny tree branch for hitting children ).. She is stubborn and cranky, suffers from respiratory issues ( Most likely COPD ) but wont see a doctor.

It took 1 year... a full year to get her to even try an ecig...

She is hell bent on this thing.... I could tell her it will explode in her face and she wouldnt believe me.

When she got a "Virus" on her computer, she downloaded a "PC cleaner" and then got a message to call this autorized microsoft rep to fix her computer... She paid 260$ and gave somebody remote access to her computer and it continued to be locked up with spyware and crap.

I wiped her drive, gave her a fresh windows install and told her that she has been scammed. To this day she does not believe me.

I hate to say she is ignorant... but she is. I dont want her face to get blown off... but she will just order it herself if I dont get it for her.

caramel

Vaping Master
Dec 23, 2014
I hate to say she is ignorant... but she is. I dont want her face to get blown off... but she will just order it herself if I dont get it for her.

The safest thing you could do for her would be to build an e-hookah powered by a lab power supply. Set the voltage / current protection and lock the settings. e-bay is your friend for inexpensive chinese imports or used HP gear.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
I love Fasttech myself, but I normally buy products that have a few more reviews. I think it is wonderful you are helping your step mom. (shows a good quality about you imo). The isticks and egrips are all wonderful choices, but for me. . . its hard not to recommend the mvp2. They are reliable, easy to use and have a fantastic battery life. I wish your step mom all the luck in the world. Let us know what you do that helps her because you know how we are around here. We care.

bigrf85

ECF Veteran
Jun 15, 2013
jax, fl
back when i used ego style devices the first "mod" i got was from my freedom smokes and it was an ego 18650 mod doesnt look like they cary it anymore but i did find the same thing here Joye eGo-T 18650 Mod - Avid Vaper it was a great device could be charged with the ego charger that threads on or take the battery out put it on the charger and change it for a spare and continue like nothing happened it was bigger around than a standard ego but had a good size for the hand to wrap around comfortably and had the soft ego texture i used to love as well. if i hadnt moved to high powered mods and low ohm i probably would still use one of them to be honest.

hope this helps

vapero

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 13, 2013
monterrey,mexico
you should also get her a good passthrough and a huge extension to have unlimited power supply
$5.68 VV Variable Voltage Passthrough - chromed brass / silver / 1.2m at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
ego-variable-pass-3.jpg

1990FOXBODY

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2013
Bryan, Texas
She is a stubborn old woman, but she takes good care of my Dad and that makes me kinda spoil her.

If I can get her to vape with it I guess its win win for everyone.

Has nothing to do with the post, but that was a nice break from the chatter around here as of late. Thank you for that.

bluecat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Cincy
Dude... i would give her my Provari, I would give her my Dovpo, one of my CF SUB batteries and an Atlantis. I would buy her a brand new VTR.

You dont understand... I am a 44 year old full grown man, and this 75 year old woman has threatened me with a switch ( for you not raised in the south, that is a skinny tree branch for hitting children ).. She is stubborn and cranky, suffers from respiratory issues ( Most likely COPD ) but wont see a doctor.

She is hell bent on this thing.... I could tell her it will explode in her face and she wouldnt believe me.

When she got a "Virus" on her computer, she downloaded a "PC cleaner" and then got a message to call this autorized microsoft rep to fix her computer... She paid 260$ and gave somebody remote access to her computer and it continued to be locked up with spyware and crap.

I wiped her drive, gave her a fresh windows install and told her that she has been scammed. To this day she does not believe me.

Bah. Threatened with a switch? Heck I laughed at my friend when his mom ripped a branch off the tree and smacked him with it. She then came after me. Good thing I ran faster than her.

Buy her what she wants. Not that difficult. If they are old and stubborn.. you aren't going to win. Bringing it here, won't make you win either.

Be glad you like your step mom.. mines a step-*****.

Any device used incorrectly has a chance to blow up.

rhean

ECF Veteran
Jul 10, 2013
Madison, Wisconsin

This sounds like my mother, who is Turkish. Maybe Turkish-Southern moms are genetically linked?

Anyhow, yes, get her what she wants, as that's what she wants, so all other options are closed. The only thing is, make sure she understands it will take a long time to get here from China, and make sure she understands that it's not YOUR fault that it will take so long.

EDIT: Maybe she should order it, using your credit card? That way she won't be able to blame you for the shipping time. Seriously, these women specialize in the creation of guilt.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread