• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

I'm Devastated...............

Status
Not open for further replies.

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
One of my friends that coached softball with me was killed today by her soon to be ex husband.................I'm so in shock I can't think straight. He took the cowards way out and killed himself too............In broad daylight in front of a bank in front of witnesses............They were a bit younger than me but our kids were the same age and grew up together. I can't believe a person can put a gun in their hand and shoot another person in cold blood. My heart hurts and I feel like I should've been able to help her. We were friends but she was a very private person and I didn't know she was getting a divorce and we talked last week.

Diane was a ray of light in many girls lives. She coached basketball as well as softball and she was many girls role model. So many girls and young women were touched by her that her memory will live on. I'm sad that no more girls will get to know what a great lady Coach Di was.

No sure why I'm posting this other than I need to.

I hope the ....... rots in hell!

Happy Domino38

Moved On
ECF Veteran
Feb 27, 2010
Toronto Canada
www.happyvaper.com
What a COWARD!! I'm SO sorry to hear about your friend Stover!!

Unfortunately, the same thing happened to a friend of mine. Her friend was murdered by her husband. He DIDN'T kill himself, just tried to say that he FOUND them like that. Thank GOD the courts didn't believe him and he was found guilty. But, not after dragging my friend emotions through the ringer emotionally by making sure she had to go to court to testify against him. I went with her for moral support and was sitting right behind him. It always amazes me how NORMAL cold blooded murderers really DO look.

I hope that b@stard that did it to your friend is meeting HIS maker right about now...the DEVIL...

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
I am so sorry! That is a tragic loss. There seem to be so few wonderful role models these days, it sickens me to think even one is gone.
My friend here in St. Cloud was murdered (shot) by her husband when she caught him molesting their two young children. He then killed the kids and himself. I truly wanted someone to hit..shoot and kick! She and the kids couldn't have been sweeter.
I understand your shock and pain. There is no rhyme or reason to it, just the product of a sick twisted mind.

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
I remember the last time I saw Diane a few weeks ago. She owned a gym and was in great shape! For years she told me smoking wasn't good for me..........but she didn't preach. I saw her car at the gym and stopped by to say hello. I told her I'd quit smoking and she was so happy. Her dad smokes and wished he'd try to quit. Last night sitting there watching the news I wanted so bad to grab a pack of smokes and start and never stop. BUT, I remembered how happy Diane was when I quit and I grabbed my ego and haven't put it down since. I will not smoke again in her memory!

MX5

ECF Veteran
Dec 10, 2009
TEXAS
How SAD, and what a LOSS! I am so sorry. Even though I don't live far from you I don't watch much news so this is the first I heard of this. I do know Elgin is a very small town so this will impact so many! You hang in there and know we are thinking about Diane's Family and you too!

Just don't understand how someone could do something like this, did he not even think about what this my do to his children's lives?? Makes no sense!

stover.p

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 28, 2010
Oklahoma
Thanks everyone.................the past 2 days where some of the hardest I've had to deal with on this type of level. The kids in this town are just at a loss. 2 of my daughter's friends where witnesses. They will never be free of those images. We as adults don't understand so how do you explain it to kids and teenagers? Just WOW this is not how you want your town to be noticed.

SuZamme

Ultra Member
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
I am so very sorry for your friend and all those who have to continue their lives without her remarkable presence...you included.
I have found comfort in this NA poem and perhaps you will too.
Big hugs.

DO NOT STAND AT MY
GRAVE AND WEEP

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glint on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you wake in the morning hush,
I am the swift, uplifting rush
Of quiet birds in circling flight.