Status
Not open for further replies.

Kenny Young

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Phoenix AZ, USA
www.facebook.com
GOODNESS!

One of the reasons I wanted to get off stinkies was to save some money! 8 Days smoke free, but with my initial layout of funds, it's going to take like 6 weeks to get out of the red.

I know that it's going to pay for itself, so I'm not that worried about it but I think I need to STAY OFF THE FORUM for a while. I read posts and boom, next thing I know I'm adding something else to "My Cart"...lol.

Here's what I've bought so far:

eGo C Starter Kit + juice
Vamo V2
4 Kanger Pro-Tanks
Air Flow Restrictor thingy
3 Kanger Evod Tanks
12 Evod Replacement heads
4 Rechargeable Batteries for the Vamo
9 bottles of e-juice

I think I'm set for a little while. I think the only recurring expense should be batteries, heads, and juice. I hope so anyway.

Kenny Young

Verified Member
May 15, 2013
Phoenix AZ, USA
www.facebook.com
I was curious :( It probably is wasteful, but tanks don't go bad, do they?

I bought one Protank and I like it, so I ordered three more. The main reason for this is I didn't want to worry about my juice eating through plastic tanks. I admit I didn't do enough research about metal tanks, however, what's done is done.

Dj tank

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 13, 2013
Ann Arbor michigan
You settled down quickly. I went about 60 days of buying all kinds of stuff before it tapered off. Finally got some Kanger Protanks, about 20 replacement heads (enough to last me a year with how the originals have been lasting...I still have a Kanger head thats going strong even after 50 days). Research how to make your own juice. I did...and now I spend nothing - unless I want a specialty juice I can't figure out how to make.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
I was curious :( It probably is wasteful, but tanks don't go bad, do they?

I bought one Protank and I like it, so I ordered three more. The main reason for this is I didn't want to worry about my juice eating through plastic tanks. I admit I didn't do enough research about metal tanks, however, what's done is done.

You did ok,the Vamo is your main vape and you have the ego for backup,good move,extra tanks are great too have for trying different juices,you did well.I have 3 nova tanks metal and plastic,one AGAT2 tank,tons of SS mesh and wire and the Ego C for back up,i even have a mech Smoke Telescope.

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Redundancy. Last thing a new vaper needs is to run out of gear. I'm a little over 3 weeks in, and have 2 650mAh batteries, 2 900, 2 1300, 3 chargers and just bought 2 900mAh variable voltage batteries. I have over 30 tanks, 6 packs of coils and well over a gallon of juice. You never know...

A gallon of juice and 30 tanks,you are kiidding right?

InTheShade

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 26, 2013
South Texas
why would you buy so many tanks and rechargeable batteries?
seems like wasteful spending to me.

Backups for your backups for your backups. I wouldn't say wasteful... I'd say smart :vapor:

Stepping away from the cart is a skill I think most of us have to learn. I'm $500 in and still feel that I absolutely need another mod, another tank, more heads, more juice... etc etc

Heavyrocker

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2012
Toronto,Canada
Backups for your backups for your backups. I wouldn't say wasteful... I'd say smart :vapor:

Stepping away from the cart is a skill I think most of us have to learn. I'm $500 in and still feel that I absolutely need another mod, another tank, more heads, more juice... etc etc

Love your avatar.

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
I got the extra tanks for being able to have an assortment of juices ready to vape. I haven't tried this yet, stevegmu, but I hear you can get an atomizer and try out new juice by dripping right onto it. Might save you some money, but I don't know.

Thanks. When Halo offers a drip set-up, I'll be sure to get it. I like a lot of flavors, so find it easier to have a lot of batteries and tanks.

Johnnie Price

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 18, 2012
Waldorf, MD
Thanks. When Halo offers a drip set-up, I'll be sure to get it. I like a lot of flavors, so find it easier to have a lot of batteries and tanks.
If you're using the G6 or Triton setups, those are 808 threaded. Any 901 atomizer will work on a manual 808 with no issues, or any 510 atomizer will work with an adapter.

Halo is unlikely to come out with a "dripping setup", though I'd love to be proven wrong.

rotku

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 4, 2012
columbus, oh
The first six months I spent just as much as I did with analogs. Now I just need liquid once a month. Very inexpensive. I can treat myself to a new driver or hybrid. Once you get past the initial investment you should be able to treat yourself to something as well. Some peeps do tend to continue with purchases as a hobby but understand it diminishes to cost savings.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread