Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
What's the problem with "the Pro's"?

I'll second that reco! And have to wonder too -- what's the prob with the pros? They've always steered me in the right direction!!

I'm talking about the commercial eJuice suppliers, some of the juices I've ordered have been really bad (IMO).

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Michael - I hear you. I had quite a bit of professionally made e juice I didn't think was all that tasty. No offence to e juice makers. I still have two flavors I would buy but I have too much invested in DIY to not make my own:) I have come up with two delicious facsimiles that aren't quite the same as my fave vendor ejuice but are really good.

Of course, some of the vendor juices were pretty good. Then I started thinking about how much money I would save and how much more independent I would be from constantly ordering bottles of vendor ejuice. So, I started researching and now I make my own.

What type of ejuice do you think you like? Have you read the stickies?

Last edited:

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Michael - I hear you. I had quite a bit of professionally made e juice I didn't think was all that tasty. No offence to e juice makers. I still have two flavors I would buy but I have too much invested in DIY to not make my own:) I have come up with two delicious facsimiles that aren't quite the same as my fave vendor ejuice but are really good.

Of course, some of the vendor juices were pretty good. Then I started thinking about how much money I would save and how much more independent I would be from constantly ordering bottles of vendor ejuice. So, I started researching and now I make my own.

What type of ejuice do you think you like? Have you read the stickies?

I'm not exactly sure what I like, peach tea, fruity Hawaiian mixture maybe I'll get lucky with a super concoction.

I've read a couple of the stickies which ones are a must read?

Jethead

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 1, 2013
Hampton, Virginia
I've bought juice that came highly recommended and I thought it was terrible. Taste is WAY subjective. One man's trash is another man's treasure.

Doesn't mean the supplier/maker is bad, just means you don't like that juice.

I'm finding out no matter what anyone say's, I just am not a fan of food flavors, I love tobacco based some with flavor added some not.

Sell the juice you don't like here on the forum.

BakuPeg

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 10, 2012
Gainesville, Ga
Most, all are worth a read or 2. I have a blog entry that gives a few tips.

ecigexpress is good (they did have some packaging issues with nicotine however). Wizard labs when they have nic available. RTS vapes.

For flavoring Wizard Labs is good for small 8ml of LA and TFA. Ecigexrepss has a great selection, however they can be pricy. RTS has flavoring also. Liberty flights, and vaping zone for superconcentrates..

Last edited:

Renolizzie

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2012
Northern Nevada, astride the "49er trail
Guide to DIY flavoring

Read this first

DIY warning please read

You might want to start with a low mg nic base and get your feet wet. I know I did.

Don't forget that you will need some gear like syringes, pipettes, bottles, latex gloves.

I like TFA Juicy Peach; also TFA Cantaloupe. You'll want to get some ethyl malto and I think caramel goes with everything:)

I'm not a huge fan of fruits. All you can do is try to experiment a bit and look at different recipes.

Last edited:

Kurt

Quantum Vapyre
ECF Veteran
Sep 16, 2009
Philadelphia
Professionally mixed flavored juices are like DIY juices: what tastes good is subjective. I make my own juices, but I would say of the dozens of flavors I have, I like about 10% of them. And someone else might like some of the ones I don't like. Sort of like food and cooking. So if you make something that does not suit you, make something else! Flavoring is definitely not a black and white thing.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
Guide to DIY flavoring

Read this first

DIY warning please read

You might want to start with a low mg nic base and get your feet wet. I know I did.

Don't forget that you will need some gear like syringes, pipettes, bottles, latex gloves.

I like TFA Juicy Peach; also TFA Cantaloupe. You'll want to get some ethyl malto and I think caramel goes with everything:)

I'm not a huge fan of fruits. All you can do is try to experiment a bit and look at different recipes.
I had to look up pipettes

dannyv45

ECF DIY E-Liquid Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 12, 2013
New Jersey
www.e-cigarette-forum.com
The above advice is 100% right on. I buy 100MG NIC because it last longer and is easer to mix down when making large quanties of juice. You need to do a lot of reading on the forum and know exactly what your doing before you attempting mixing your own juice. Learning to use one of the e-juice calculators you can find on the net is also a huge help.

michaelsil1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2013
Los Angeles
The above advice is 100% right on. I buy 100MG NIC because it last longer and is easer to mix down when making large quanties of juice. You need to do a lot of reading on the forum and know exactly what your doing before you attempting mixing your own juice. Learning to use one of the e-juice calculators you can find on the net is also a huge help.
I was going to ask about how you calculate nicotine

Joshuasculptor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
If you like tobacco flavors vapingzone super concentrates rock. I got most of the tabbacco flavors wizardlabs carries and didnt care for them other than the double ry4.

yeah I'm finding it to be the same. I have 3. Virgina fire tobacco is the best i have had from them so far but it had to steep for a 1 1/2 weeks before I found it enjoyable. I have one just called tobacco I have tried everything with it and cant get anything close to vaper worth out of it. It just taste like what my boxers smell like after mowing the yard. I'm beginning to think it is more of a mental thing than actual flavor though. It has been steeping 2wks tried it last night still horriable. I am now to the point of throwing it out because I have add such a variety there is no fixing it IMHO. I also got some absolute from Bulgaria cut it with some GA moonshine. Lovin it with some graham cracker, cinn danish, and a bit of sweetener and MTS vape wizard. But to be perfectly honest my DIY is no where on spot yet. Nothing to die for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread