Im gonna say it... I hate the term analog cig..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Quoiyaien

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 14, 2012
Beautiful BC
Yep... analog is also electronic... the difference between digital and analog (again both electronic) is that analog implies a smooth transition from off to full, as opposed to the on or off (or stepped progression) of digital...

When I hear people call a cigarette an analog cig, it irks me... not sure why, it just does, ok?.. lol

In my mind, an analog cigarette is one that would have varying degrees of power supplied to the atomizer based on how hard you draw. Is there such a thing? Cause that would be cool, and a LOT closer to simulating a real (NOT ANALOG :mad:) cigarette... ;)

/rant off..

Cheers!
:vapor:

Last edited:

vsummer1

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 3, 2012
California
I used to smoke cigarettes. Now I vape on my PV. I refuse to use other terms for it, I don't care who made up that completely wrong concept of an "analog" and it is the stupidest word I have ever heard for a cigarette except perhaps "stinky" which is worse.

It's a cigarette! Anything else IRKS ME TOO.

/rant off..
Cheers!
:vapor:

bivie

Resting In Peace
ECF Veteran
Jul 17, 2012
Damon, TX near Houston
BobbyIvie.com
This is a good point - the analog cigarette thing.

While we're at it, 'tootin' is pretty lame, too. I know some of you 'toot', but I take
a pull off my PV. People who toot leave a different kind of odor in the place.

I mean really, it's odd to watch some big, burly guy on a review vid say he's tooting.
It sounds so dainty IMO.

Titanium

Moved On
Oct 19, 2012

While we're at it, 'tootin' is pretty lame, too. I know some of you 'toot', but I take

I mean really, it's odd to watch some big, burly guy on a review vid say he's tooting.
It sounds so dainty IMO.

Sounds cute IMO.

bea828

Oct 17, 2012
Arizona
Hmm... maybe we should start marking iCigs next lol

Na....Apple will want a cut of the profits....

It sounds so dainty IMO.

*giggles*

Already one.
Lol

srrsly? That's just craziness!

I can't see any time in my life where I'd call a cigarette and analog cigarette. Most people I know would just look at me like I'm crazier than they already think I am. And whether I smoke or vape, I'm pretty sure I'm gonna puff it or take a drag off of it. It's just easier for me to not change terminology this late in my life. I'm starting to get feeble minded after all....

zapped

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2009
Richmond, Va...Right in Altria's back yard.
Old school, "toot" used to describe using a substance were not allowed to mention here,thats why im against it. We have enough negative perceptions to fight without adding to it ourselves.

I must be getting old, nose piercing make me laugh as well because I can actually remember what they used to signify.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread