I'm having no luck with e-liquids / flavors

Status
Not open for further replies.

RandomMusing

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Hollywood, Ca
I've been vaping for about 4 weeks now. I started with the SafeCig then found this forum (which is great BTW!) and ordered a Joye eGo starter kit from Liberty-Flights along with some Chocolate Cream liquid (which I didn't like).

Since then I've ordered several flavors from LiquidXpress, all prefilled cartos (Taboo, Original Tobacco, Cool Rush, Carnilla Cap, Grape) and a 10ml bottle of the Original Tobacco.

Plus I ordered a bunch of samples from FreedomsmokesUSA, all are 50%/50% (Orange Cream Sicle, Peppermint Patty, CandyCane, Smore, Thin Mint Cookie, Caramel/Cream, RY4, Peanut Butter Cup, and a free sample of Wyatt Earp)

Of all the flavors my favorite is, of course... the SafeCig tobacco flavor :facepalm:

The Carnilla Cap and Cool Rush from LiquidXpress are ok, but I think I might need to try them not prefilled.

As for the Freedomsmokes samples.... I was looking SO forward to these but honestly, I didn't like any of them.
The RY4 was interesting. I liked the sweet part of it, but that Jalapeno taste was just too much. If only it didn't have that weird spicy taste. The Smore tasted like stale pie crust, Thin Mint and Peppermint Patty tasted basically the same; old chewed up peppermint gum and metal. CandyCane was just "ok" but the longer I vaped it the less I liked it. The rest I felt had very little to no taste and all tasted the same.

I know it's good to let some of these liquids sit and age for a while, but I really need something I can vape right out of the mail as an all-day vape.

I definitely plan on letting these age and trying them again, but I'm getting super frustrated that I haven't found a vape I like, and I HATE that the only flavor I really did like was the SafeCig because I have no idea how to find a tobacco juice that taste like it.

The reason I wanted to start vaping in the first place was to save money, but buying all these samples and having to start over when I don't like any of them is making me spend much more than I would have this month than if I would have just bought analogs....

The customer service from both FSUSA and liquidxpress were great, and I'd love to try other samples from both of them, but seeing as I don't really care for what I've had I just don't know if I can spend more money buying products I don't like.

I need a tobacco flavor, the one from LiquidXpress is just "ok" maybe too light and sweet. I'd like a nice minty / menthol flavor, and I'd like a sweet flavor (maybe a coffee as well).... that's all I'm looking for.

Sorry about the rant here. If anyone has suggestion I'd love to hear them!

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
I got really, really lucky. I have only smoked one cigarette brand (Newport) and did a search here before I even ordered my starter kit to see who was recommended for a juice resembling Newport and it was nhalers Nuport and Bingo!

Down the line I figured I'd get into the sweet stuff but to quit the analogs I needed a juice that was strong enough and was fairly similiar to what I liked about Newports (tobacco taste with menthol).

That's not to say I haven't ordered a ton of other juices and mostly don't care for them. I went a little wild ordering. But I did find my all day vape that would keep me off the analogs. Maybe down the road when I get bored, I'll revisit the sweet and crazy stuff.

Dee74

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 4, 2010
Tampa Bay,Fl
There are a good group of tobacco flavors out there. Vapor station has a sampler pack of 10 flavors for $25, then there is Backwoods brew, Gourmet Vapors as stated above lets you make your own as well as many mixed flavors. Also Liberty Flights. Cignot and Madvapes carry Dekang liquids and are pretty good tobaccos as well. Best of luck as soon as you find one you really like your taste buds will change so get and keep lots of samples, you will revisit ones you hated and now like and the ones you like now maybe not so much later.

RY4Junkee

Moved On
Nov 23, 2010
Wyoming
RY4 from FSUSA is one of my fave juices...if not my favorite. I have never tasted jalapeno in it. That's really weird. I've vaped it right out of the box and I've let it steep, but never picked up on a jalapeno flavor. Not saying you're lying or anything to that effect, but taste is very subjective. I've also had the Thin Mint and I thought it was really good. I have yet to try the Peppermint Patty, though. And I also got a free sample of Candy Cane and I thought it was fantastic. But like I said...and I'm sure you've read it on this site a million times...taste is subjective.

It could be that your taste buds are still trying to recover from years of smoking? How long have you been vaping? If you like tobacco flavors, maybe give FSUSA's Wyatt Earp a try? It's an "in your face" flavor you might enjoy. I'm kind of partial to the stronger flavors myself.

Good luck to ya and I hope you find something you'll love real soon! :)

RyMel

ECF Veteran
Nov 12, 2010
Summerville, South Carolina
I have found that a nice combo of the Menthol Ultra from Freedom Smokes mixed into their Hypnotic Mist and add a touch of their Strawberry Kiwi, gives me a nice kick of menthol/mint, sweet with a suprising twist. I vape these at about 80/20 and 18-24mg. Also, Minty Chocolate from Goodprophets is another go-to for me. also, my very first order when i first started was from liberty flights, and i combined their chocolate cream with their menthol blend and got a nice girl scout thin mint cookie mix, which was better than ANY Thin Mint cookie I have ordered premixed!~ that was at 16mg.

if you wanna try different flavors and pass along the ones you don't care for, check out the Pay it Forward Sub-Forum on here. We are constantly swapping around juices with each other, and the only cost is the small shipping $1-2. you can pass on the ones you don't care for and get some other flavors to try without breaking the bank!

edited to add:
don't be afraid to mix up your own combos using juices that you order from vendors that you dont care for as-is. I don't Vape anything straight anymore! i have little "mixes" that i just make up using what i have, and that is how i found my go-to! just order some extra 5ml bottles and use them to experiment!~

I got lucky today with an order from Mr. E Liquid... everything I ordered was delicious! Really happy with it.. definitely recommend getting some 5ml sizes from there... prefills were no good for me either so Im with you there. VaporBomb has some great reviews you might wanna check them out. I will say the menthol/virginia fire blend I got from Mr E was the only one I didnt care for... same sweet flavor your talkin about... but everything else was fantastic. Especially mint chocolate. Very much reminded me of a Malboro smooth. And Chai tea? Just like the real thing. Though I dont think I could vape Chai all day! lol Just my .02... Im a newbie too! But these were great for me right outta the mail. You might also wanna try something with a 80/20 pg/vg ratio... flavor is alot better in my experience.

dormouse

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 31, 2010
Pennsylvania
FreedomSmokeUSA's RY4 is a rare non-sweet RY4 and may be based on a dark Turkish American Blend (i.e. Flavourart flavoring's new DK-TAB based RY4 flavor). What I like is FreedomSmokeUSA's oRYental 4 which is their sweet caramelly RY4. I also like their Desert Ship which is a somewhat pungent Turkish American blend (not sweet) that reminds me a bit of the smell of a freshly opened pack. I usually buy 70 pg / 30 vg.

Are you letting yourself smell the vapor? Cigarettes do that for you, ecigs don't. Most of taste is smell. Without smell, all that's left is sweet, sour, salty, bitter and some new tongue-sensed msg flavor the japanese discovered.

Last edited:

RandomMusing

ECF Veteran
Jan 4, 2011
Hollywood, Ca
Thank you for the help everyone.

By the way, I smoked Marlboro ultra lights normally, but sometimes smoked reds or Parliaments.

I'm vaping the FSUSA ry4 right now and I'm still tasting the spiciness on exhale, but I love the sweetness that I taste with it. I've been exhaling out of my nose a lot to really smell / taste the flavor. I was wondering if ry5 would have less of this spicy taste?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread